main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Costume/Props building workshop - July 12th.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok folks, we never really decided on a date for the next workshop but we should probably get one started soon.

I have a ton of fabric if anyone needs any.
    We will need someone to bring a sewing machine (I am bringing mine).
    We can set up at the library again and help cut patterns, sew, etc....

As far as Props go I believe I have a couple of dremmels I can bring.

So if anyone is interested lets toss out a few dates to get started ..... :)

2. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Ok, well this week and weekend is booked tight for me.....graduation parties are coming up and im working every day. Next week though, might be a little better. If we can get a day set after July 4th then I can request it off of work.

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    As much notice as posible, that way I can also book it off. I can bring a sewing machine and a cutting mat and cutting wheel to do fabric. I think I still have my pattern for my tunic as well.

I can also bring a couple of props if anyone wants to know how to make them.

4. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I have nothing and need everything (especially advice). The more time you can give before getting together the better to make sure the date is free. Tuesdays don't work well for the Sherrill group, but anything else may be do-able with enough advance notice.

5. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    I can prolly bring a sewing machine and I would like to now what to bring for the production of a hilt. I started one....it had potential but need work.....A LOT of it =P........oh yea, wool, wool whos gots the wool?=)

6. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    (sigh) This may not be a good sign. I vaguely remamber a dream I had last night where a project I had started failed and I put the left over parts in my Prop Parts Bin. This doesn't change my qualification to a Fanatic instead of just a Fan, does it :eek: :_|.

7. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    No it doesn't. The 75 books, wanting to make a costume and a lightsaber plus being on this list with us makes you a fanatic or as my wife calls me "A GEEK"

"LONG LIVE THE GEEK!!!"

But then again she has a geeky streak about as long as the Mississippi.

8. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    The 75 books, sure, but he's only read each one once. I've read them all at least twice, some of them almost ten times.

9. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    Hmmm....Things do seem to add up there don't they. Well...just don't tell anyone.

Incidentally, don't believe everything Arjuna tells you. A) He hasn't read all the books twice, in fact, some of them he hasn't read at all and refuses to. He insists on reading them in order and I only buy paperbacks. For some strange reason some of the stories come out in paperback quickly and others seem to never come out in paperback. Also, B) I think that technically the Fedora-con (or whatever) was in Liverpool (see other thread).

By the way, if someone has an interest in reading any of the Star Wars books, just let me know which you are interested in and I'll bring them to the next meeting (to borrow only, of course). About the only ones I don't have are the ones they made movies of (I figured why read something I already saw, but I should still get them sometime) and some of the ones for younger readers, although I do have all the Young Jedi Knights ones. You can consider me the Syracuse chapter library if you would like.

10. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Can I help it Destiny's Way is taking a year to come out in paperback? Anywho, the ones that I have read i've done so multiple times. I wish we could get a release date for the paperback... last time I lost patience, I bought Star by Star in hardcover and paperback came out a month later.

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, sounds like we have our chapter librarian ? :)

EDIT: BTW we are getting off topic here..........what day does everyone want a workshop?

12. WebsJedi

WebsJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    12th fo July?

-K

13. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    At the present time I believe 7/12 works for me (and Arjuna).

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok we need to figure where we are having this. Also what we would like to achieve there.
    I know we have a few new members we need to help cut patterns for costumes........

12th may be ok, I am not sure if I am going out of town that weekend yet or not. will know later tonight.
    :)

Was the library ok for everyone last time?

15. WebsJedi

WebsJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    Fayetteville Library worked last time, so I say we have it there.

-K

16. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Sounds good to me. Lesse... gotta remember to drop in a request off at work...

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    It depends on the time for me to make it. If it's too late then I can't come.

18. Padawan_Drogon

Jun 17, 2003
    The library works for me. I remember where it is from having dropped off Arjuna the last time.

The earlier the better. It allows more time to get stuff done.

19. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    Wow, I don't think i've ever seen him this eager to do anything be for an I have know their family for many many year :p

EDIT: Vicky any word on that wool?

20. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    AHHHH! sorry bout the spelling errors in the othe messege, ran out of time and just clicked post. I am intrested in building a hilt, what should I bring?

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Nate, post the pictures of what you've gotten so far- maybe a couple suggestions can be made to add to what you already have.

22. Jaysar_CidfeJK

Jaysar_CidfeJK Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    I can make it on the 12th... I just need some advice on my current costume project (I'm working on a Vader costume, which I will bring, as well as lightsaber building), time and directions. :)

23. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    I need ideas so feel free to post them... http://www.geocities.com/Chodos_haven/11

24. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    COME ON!!! where are the ideas..I need help with this. Im lost on what to do...

25. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    I know you can all see this and I know the addy works so .... what....ae you all to lazy to take a peep and give me your 2 cents??.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.