main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Costuming/Props thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    By the sounds of it most can make it on the 21st. Now we have to decide a place. Do not post on here but think about it and we can discuse it tomorrow.

2. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    nope, cant go now. i'll be in nyc. sry

3. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I called to reserve the hall for the 21st and they do not have anything available but, they do have a room on the 28th. I know that on the 28th a few of you cannot make it so, should we try for another hall? Maybe the library not far from the chinese that we like so much. I need to know asap because they have reserved the hall for the 28th and if we cannot make it I will have to cancell the booking.

Also Kendo is a no can do at this venue. I think we might have to wait until the summer and do it at a park or something.

Another also.....People were asking for a props workshop. I know it's a way to travel but I said at the last meeting that I would host it at my house in Binghamton. I am free every Sunday and most Saturdays up to about 3-5 O'clock, then I have to go to work.

So, pick a date and we will have it.

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    The 28th works for me...'course I know I'm sort of 'crashing' but... ;)

5. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    I say book the 28th for us.

-K

6. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    The 28th works.

7. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Umm...no, we can't, arjuna. Dad's got the car or something and thus we can't make it.

8. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Boost a car Grand Theft Auto 3 style.

On a different note, for those out of towners who know about making armor and are coming to this, want to help me make some?

-K

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just an update ont he workshop.....it is confirmed for the 28th of this month.
    Will post details in the yahoo groups. :)
    See everyone there !

10. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I'm pretty much set on Darth Maul's costume, except for one problem:

Does anyone have any idea how many pleats are at the elbows, and how wide they are? I count between 8-10, but I've seen people say as many as 15 and as low as 6.

11. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy may help you to a degree. They have a page on Darth Maul that has some great sketchs.

Another place to check is Sith Vixen's site. She did a great job with her Maul costume and has plenty of pics up, she may be able to offer some advice.

I haven't done any research on this costume so I can't help too much.

12. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm also going to add to look high and low for pictures. Find as many good pictures as you can and study them....look at them until you can see them in your sleep. :) You may even want to play with the contrast on the pictures to bring out details.

Lots and lots of pictures is a GOOD thing!

13. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I saw the first link you gave me, but I couldn't be sure on the number. Sith Vixen didn't have pleats at all, or none that I could see, as far as I could tell.

I've found some really good sites, but the problem is, none of them show his arms real well-and they ony show front and back, no good side shots.

*has played the brightness/contrast setting to death*

14. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Not sure about the 28th. I'm in a walking thing for charity in the morning in Utica. I won't say no, but it depends a bit on timing. Of course the attendance of Raef Wolfe & Darth Arjuna depends on me as well so....? Also, I'm not sure whether Arjuna will have the day off from work anyways.

15. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Timing.... I'll ask for the day off of work anyways therefore if youcan and want to go im up for it but if decide not to I have a nice day to do what ever I want! lol

16. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I'm working 1-6 on that day. Sorry.

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will only be able to stay for a couple of hours. I have to be back in Bingo fir 3pm for work. All I will be doing is trying to get specks for fett gauntlets. I am half way through making my rifle, I have my armour being made for me and I will need gauntlets and a backpack. :)

18. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    The best place to get any information on Fett outfits is The Dented Helmet.

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/index.php

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewforum.php?forum=4

the last is a more direct link to a forum. I expect you'd find some good info on it there.

19. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I'm already on The Dented Helmet. One of there members is making me my armour. I'm going for a custom look with the Jango full armour. It will be very kewl when it's finished.

:)

20. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Ah, hehe, coolness ;)

21. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Yes...The Dented Helmet...my second home. ;)

22. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Yep. I have been on there a lot this last week. I am currently looking for a helmet.

23. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Check RPF too. Before Christmas, I picked up a white interior DP '95 to convert into Ryan's Jango helmet...and if you're not going with a fiber glass helmet, I'd definitely recommened a DP '95. It's a lot of work to convert, but it's worth it. :)

24. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Sorry, all. Would like to be there Saturday, but just can't make it. I have a 5 mile walk for charity in the morning. Darth Arjuna has to work in the afternoon, and Raef Wolfe has Drama practice in the afternoon. 8(

25. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Thats ok Gordon we will definitely see everyone at the parade :)
    Its almost here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.