main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON CR and Chapter Info

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    FanForce Chapter Formation Information (How it is suppose to work)

FanForce chapters are the real life extensions of the online Star Wars community. Chapters are formed when groups of individuals want to gather regularly to share friendship and there love of the Star Wars universe. FanForce Chapter status is not something to be given to people who only meet and talk online.

"Perks" about becoming an Official FanForce Chapter

- Custom Forum's board colors and banners.
    - Custom Chapter Icon
    - You can provide links to your group's website on both the regional listing and at the top of each page (replaces the "TFN FanForce" link currently at the top)
    - Extended edit time for your forums. You can change it from the default 90-minute edit time to three hours, 24 hours, or even unlimited time.
    - Automatic pruning of the topics in your forum is disabled.
    - Titles
    - And your own chapter forum

How to become recognized as a FanForce Chapter

1) Find 2 (or more) online FanForce members within your city/town/or resident community. (Generally within a reasonable driving area.)
    2) Between the members of the group, discuss and settle on an activity that can be done in the real world that will better allow you to get to know your new online friends. It is suggested that activities and events not be limited to hinder other members from joining (meaning age limitations or sex limitations), remember FanForce is family friendly. Suggested possible events can be: Theater Movie Night, Games Day in a park, a group trip to a convention, etc.
    3) Notify your Regional Support Administrator (RSA) of the details of the activity that you have planned. The RSA will post the event in the FanForce news and the event will be recognized as an official event.
    4) Repeat steps 1-3 a total of two more times and you will be granted ?Official FanForce Chapter? status.

City Reps (Chapter Reps) and their duties

- You cannot be a CR before your chapter has ?Official Chapter? status
    - You can not be a CR without an Official Chapter
    - City Reps are the ?go to? people for the FanForce Chapters here on FanForce.
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online. In other words a CR cannot do his/her job to the best of his/her ability if he/she is hours away from the group.
    - CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.
    - CR?s are the communication links between FanForce Official Chapters and the RSA.
    - A CR?s responsibility is to keep the RSA informed of any important issues that the Official Chapter may be happening, generate more activity within the Official Chapter itself, and to offer assistance to new members that have questions that join there group.
    - City Reps must also be 18 years of age or older (a safety precaution implemented by the FanForce Staff)
    - CR?s must hold the rules and ethics of FanForce in a higher regard than the average member; you cannot be a leader if you can?t follow the rules yourself.

How to elect a City Rep

1) After you have had your first 3 official meetings and you have been granted your ?Official Chapter? status, it is time for the members to elect a City Rep.
    2) The choice of CR is given to the chapter members to choose. If more than one candidate is up for the position then a vote will be needed. It is suggested the members send in their nominations/votes to their RSA to tally so that the utmost fairness will be achieved in the election. Polls on the forums can are often tampered with by people posting with multiple ?socks?
    3) If CR meets the requirements, as listed above (the RSA will make that judgment call), the elected member will be elevated to VIP status, and will be granted access to the City Rep forum where he will be given an a

2. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Well, I think we've picked our nominees for CR, no?

3. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Three of you have sent me your nominations for the CR, I'm still waiting for 2 others.

Send me your top 3 picks for the CR position (first pick being your first choice for the "job").

You can also vote for yourself.

4. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Ummmm.....I think there's a problem.

It looks like of the five initial members, there are three members definitely ruled out by the necessary criteria, and only one who's a definite candidate....with one in limbo.

What are we supposed to do about that?

5. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Everyone is a candidate...I'll assume you are referring to the "be in the city for 12 months rule".

I've worked out a little agreement in regards to that. You can be elected, but when you leave you pass on the title to someone else that will be around in your place.

That line should be read as, "The CR title must remain in the chapter city 12 months of the year. Meaning?it needs to be transferred to a new CR if the elected CR is leaving for a period of time."

As far as I know that is the only questionable trouble?I assume you all are over 18.

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just my own personal opinion, coming from a City Rep point of view.

Being a CR is not a lifelong job. Some chapters changed their CR several times in the past year. If the person who accepts the CR position doesn't find the time anymore, you can step down.

Being a CR does not necessarily mean you are the head of the group. It generally works that way, but its not always so. I'm an example of that. Chris is the head of our club, my job as CR is to be the online voice for the group.

So if you are having trouble, why not select one person to simply act as your voice. The person who posts the ***Official*** stuff. You guys are small enough group for now, you don't need a club head or president at the moment, so don't worry about that. Just pick someone to make the announcements.

Later on, as you gain more members, you may find a person who lives locally, is an obvious choice to lead the club, and then you can transfer CR status to them.

7. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Thanks for the clarification on that one....Debs and I were a little confused...

Also, didn't realize CR's were so temporary...Tragic was CR since TPM, so when I think of CR, I tend to use him as a model....

Thanks, and have fun at the parade.

8. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    The CR status being held by one person over a long period is up to you and the other members.

The only ways of really losing the CR positions are: If you feel you can't "lead" in the proper manor anymore, or if your chapter members ask you to step down.

There are some chapters out there that make the CR position an elected position with terms of service.
    Personally I don't like it, if you have a good working relationship with me I wouldn't like seeing that removed because of politics.

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    If you feel you can't "lead" in the proper manor anymore

We get a manor too? :D ;)

10. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    Did you receive my vote? I was confused and sent it via e-mail.

11. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    YAY! Sarah voted....so whos left? Jake?

12. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Ya, I'm only waiting on Jake. I've recieved the others.

13. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Ok, fine, fine.

It's being sent now.....sheesh!

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.