main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Croatian language discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Croatia' started by Raja_Io, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I tried to install Trillian and thus solve my problems with IMs, but, of course, it does not work. [face_frustrated]

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    As I keep saying: GoogleTalk! :p

3. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    GoogleTalk is awesome, just like when Cobra and I did it when we were both at school. [face_peace]

But I'm confused here, Cobra, you tried to call me yet I hung up? Only one explanation if it was Skype - I don't know your username there. I've been added by soooo many people so I went on a block-out one night but I think I messed something up. Sorry! *blushes* [face_blush]

Trillian makes my life hell too... never works right!

Raja... what question?

I'm so lost!

4. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    No, I called Raja and she hung up :p

5. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    @Yun: a question about adding to the Skype list. But I see you there now, so everything's OK. Skype can be troublesome sometimes 8-}

BTW, how does the google talk work? I've got a google account, so I may use it

6. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Okies, now it's starting to get clearer save for one thing. Raja, what's your Skype name?

Google talk is sorta like MSN only faster w/o emoticons and all that plus you can chat with it while your Gmail account is open.

7. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I'm raja_io. Hard to guess :D

8. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    *smacks herself* The Force is really with me today! [face_liarliar]

9. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I added you to Skype Yun. My name is hard to guess as well :p

10. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    ooooh and now I'm at school where I don't have Skype but it's AMAZING that I figured how to work forums at school though! *feels good* Am I the only one with an odd name? Well, my screename is Jaina I guess so it's sorta obvious. :p Or SHOULD I make a new account as Yun-Harla?

Nope. Cuz having a different username than Yun-Harla is trickstery by itself and therefore IS Yun-Harla.

P.S. This is what happens when I stay up till 1 am reading any SW scene with Vergere.

11. Jedi_Mauli

Jedi_Mauli Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2006
    ja volim hrvatski u skoli, ali sad u srednjoj je puno tezi.

12. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    [face_plain] :p

You might want to add Estonian to that list too, it being the closest relative of Finnish there is (Karelian is hardly a language of its own). :p

Our sound system is one of the easiest ones there is, but that's about it. Despite the pretty massive amount of rules and cases we have, at least we (the natives) have no problem what so ever with them. :p

One thing that complicates my studies of other languages, is that unlike so many major languages, we don't have articles or prepositions at all. I always seem to pick the wrong one when it comes to an English sentence in which I should use either in or on. Same with the use of a/an and the. Frustrating. :p

13. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    There are no articles in Polish either... I got to grips with them in English, but in German I just choose them randomly :p

14. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    Not very good for grades, I assume? [face_laugh]

15. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    Well, if I learn the rest of grammar and vocabulary, I tend to pass... somehow ;)

16. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    And that is easy, isn't it? ;) :p

Not earlier than just about one and a half years ago I for the first time was able to start my German studies. I wonder what would be the case if I could have started it at the age of 11, like most of the German studiers here do. What stopped me, was the fact that just a year earlier our family had moved in to a too small village of whose school wasn't able to educate the few of us who had interest in German.

17. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I've started learning German when I was 11 or 12, but when I went to high school I had a 3 years gap... Now I'm at the uni, stuck with a group of people who speak German almost fluently... Thankfully, my teacher is very tolerant.

18. Cloned_Sidious

Oct 14, 2004
    Now that would be awful... Some of our group too have been studying longer than I (even though there is a separate group for those who have studied it since their 11th birthday), they are nowhere fluent.

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I hate articles, I either leave them out or put them where they shouldn't be. :( :p

I learned some Italian in elementary school, but although I can understand most of the stuff someone says, I can't really form a sentence. My grandfather thought me some Swedish, but I suck at grammar, although it is almost as easy as English. :p At highschool, I leared Latin and still am learning English.

20. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I'm currently learning German and French, about English, I'd boast a bit and say that I'm improving it ;)

I also remember a couple sentences in Russian, which I'll have to brush up on, or learn some Ukrainian, since I'm planning a trip to Kiev next semester.

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm learning French, though I'd learn more if I could.

*hates English school system*

22. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    You mean, you'd be learning more languages or you'd learn more French? :p

23. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    More languages, though both apply :p

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Bah, languages! My class had the opportunity to learn another language, like German, Italian or French, but we refused and exchanged the number of lessons in another foreign language for more lessons from Math and Physics. :D :cool:

25. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Meh, half of Istria speaks Italian and German already, why do they need more? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.