main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Cropping a MIDI file???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarkSiderSteve, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    I was wanting to take a few different MIDI files and give them a different starting point- say a few seconds into the song. So is there an easy way to do this? If so, is there a free program that one could use to acheive the desired effect? Its really nothing big- just for cellphone ringtones. :)

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    want to cut off a little from the beginning...
    here it is:
    MIDI - M = IDI

want to cut a MIDI in half? MI DI

:)

3. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Yeah, ok smart guy... [face_plain]

So Ive heard that Anvil Studio is very easy to use in cropping a Midi. I cant seem to get the track to play in that program though. Has anyone ever used it? Maybe a few pointers..... **looks for Webb or Bunny** ;)

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm interested in this too. I've also got some midi's that I'd like to turn into ringtones later on...some great starwars ones too.

5. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure if this does what you're looking for but tucows has a freeware program called Anvil Studio 2003.12.01
    desc - Record, compose, edit and mix music with MIDI, digital audio, loops and samples. Editors include staff, lyrics, piano roll and drums. Audio effects include delay, EQ, filtering and Direct X plug-ins.

-D-

6. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Well, I figured this thing out today using the Anvil program. Fairly easy and works pretty good. Now duel of the fates can start at a more exciting part. :)

Void- pm me if you need details on this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.