main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CV Parties/Social Events Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MrSkinnee, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I figured I would try to compile all the parties and social events into one comprehensive thread to make it easier for everyone to figure out what to do each day we're down there. I didn't include every single detail, but I tried to at least cover the basics and provide the link to where you can find more information.

Tuesday August 10th

Some people are getting together at Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure to check out the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/30601063/p1/?82
    (Like me, I'm sure a lot of people don't get in until later in the day on Tuesday, so I'll be going Wednesday instead.)

Wednesday August 11th

Informal Gathering of Rebelscum.net members
    6:30 pm. at Miller?s Ale House Restaurant on International Drive, 8963 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, 1.407.370.6688, MillersAleHouse.com
    To get to know each other, discuss all things Star Wars, plan SWCV strategies and basically relax before the convention gets started.
    No entrance fee or cover charge.
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4240053&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=1

Thursday August 12th

Friends of the Forcecast party
    Time: 8:00pm - 12am
    Location: Rosen Centre Hotel, Right next to the convention center
    "Fans of the ForceCast Party at CV"! This is an unofficial gathering of people who love the ForceCast! Join us, as fans of the number one Star Wars podcast gather together for food, fun, and festivities! Thursday August 12 at the Rosen Centre Hotel, right next to the Orange County Convention Center, we'll party from 8:00 - 12:00 Midnight and enjoy music, games, and prizes! Now is your chance to meet people from all over the world, face to face and share two of our biggest passions:Star Wars & The ForceCast! Tickets are only $39.99 which includes admission, food, and a raffle ticket for a variety of Star Wars prizes. "
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4219189&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#4219189

The Official TheForce.Net/FanForce.Net Celebration V Party
    Time: 6:30pm - 11pm
    Location: Wyndham Orlando Resort, Less than a mile north of the convention center.
    The party is for all members of the TFN family: FanForce, Jedi Council Forums, readers of TheForce.net, Rebel Scum, the Force Cast, etc. If you consider yourself a part of TFN, this event is for you! The event will be open to all ages. We will try to keep things as family friendly as possible, though it is a party largely for adults. A cash bar serving alcohol and soft drinks will be available at the event (including the famous Celebration Drink).
    Pre-ordered tickets are $30 for ages 12+, $25 for ages 6-12, (Children under 6 are free) and will be available from May 20th to August 6th.
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/30940173/p1/?27

Yakface.com and Star Wars Action News Party
    7pm at the Embassy Suites (which is a hotel on the convention shuttle route)
    There will be food, music, and giveaways from party sponsors. Prizes so far include F/X Lightsabers and a Hasbro Interactive R2-D2!

Plus all attendees will get an exclusive Empire Strikes Back T-Shirt that will only be available at the party and never available again, with original art by Star Wars Topps Artist Kevin Graham!
    Tickets are SOLD OUT.
    http://www.reviewstarwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15478

Friday August 13th

501st Party - Tickets currently sold out but hoping that more space will open up
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/30933893/p1/?15

Saturday August 14th

Last Tour to Endor
    Time: 8:00pm - 1:00am
    Entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios opens to Event Guests at 4:00 PM Eastern.
    Round Trip transportation to/from Orange County Convention Center and Disney's Hollywood Studios is included in the event ticket price.
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/30919250/p1/?81
    http://www.starwarsce

2. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    This is an awesome thread. Thanks putting it together!

And thanks for putting our Wednesday night RebelScum Unofficial Party on the list! If anyone is interested in coming send me a PM (or post in the RS thread if you have an account there) to let me know so that I can continue to update the venue on the size of the crowd. I'm San_Hill over at RS. We'd love to have you on board! You don't have to be a RebelScum member to come, it'll be relaxed and informal.

I'm not sure if I'm doing Endor on Saturday night or not, but some mini golf does sound fun...

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I am totally down for some mini golf! :cool:

4. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    How about we put that down for Friday, since there's not much else going on that night? Maybe around 7:30? There are two choices close by;

Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf
    http://www.piratescove.net/location/5
    $10.95 for 18 holes, $16.50 for 36 holes

Hawaiian Rumble Adventure Golf
    http://www.hawaiianrumbleorlando.com/
    $9.95 for 18 holes, $14.95 for 36 holes
    They also have a coupon online - http://hawaiianrumbleorlando.com/h-internetcoupon.html

I'm inclined towards the Hawaiian Rumble, because I love tiki stuff, but looking at Google maps, the Pirate's cove seems to be laid out over more space. :-D But I'll go where ever.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Friday sounds great.

The pirate one looks a little better to me, but I'm down for either one.

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm going to see Scott Pilgrim at midnight don't know about the rest of you :p

Though once I find a theater that is doing a midnight, anyone is welcome to tag along.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    ooh mini golf! unfortunately, i'm probably going to be way too busy with Bounty Hunt stuff to go play though...

8. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I thought that the Bounty Hunt was over by 4:00 p.m. on Friday.

9. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Which day would that be?
    I'm very much in favour of this idea.

10. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Friday, I'd be down for both mini golf and/or Scott Pilgrim,a lthough the mini-golf is honestly a higher priority for me. Pirate's Cove looks to be the vastly superior set-up, in my opinion. I'd opt to attend a single game at the Hawaiian Rumble if more people want to go there, but I'd actually be willing to sink in the extra dough to play all 36 holes on the two combined courses at Pirate's Cove, if there's enough time. I guess that would depend on the turnout and how long we would think it would take.

If it gets finished early enough (say by 11) I'd be more than willing to hop on over to a midnight showing of Scott Pilgrim if someone wanted to volunteer to save me a spot in line (and perhaps pay for my ticket, which I'd reimburse once I got there). I'll probably end up collecting some cell numbers in the next few weeks for things like this, as well as to just hang out during the con. Lowbacca comes to mind, since I actually know him in person.:p

The only other event I definitely plan on attending at this point is the TFN party. The only way I'll end up going to the Disney event Saturday is if I can somehow find a discount through someone. Even though I'm not a member of rebelscum, the informal purpose of the party seems like a good idea, and since I'd only be arriving a couple hours before that, I can see myself and my friend going to it, even if we would be a little late. No plans on going to the Forcecast party, as I actually don't watch it anyway.

11. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I added info on the Yakeface.com/SWAN party on Thursday night.

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It would be technically 12:01 am on Friday. I know a bunch of us are heading to whatever theater is doing a midnight from the TF.N party. Very much excited to see this movie.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, I'm there. It looks awesome.

14. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    Not to nitpick, but the FC party is called the "Fans of the ForceCast Party at CV," even though we are of course friends. :cool:

15. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Love the idea of some mini golf. The pirate one is right by my hotel (the La Quinta) so that one gets my vote! Get some folks in costume to come. I'll have my camera gear with me!!

16. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay then. Pirates Cove Adventure Golf it is! Friday at 7:30. That should give people enough time to walk over after things pretty much wrap up for the night at the convention center. There may be quite a few of us so I'm thinking we'll probably have to break it down into smaller parties to keep the rounds moving. And I'm with you MrZAP. I'd like to play all 36 holes there as well.

17. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Nice. Count me in for some pirate mini golf!

18. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm in for the mini-golf. Not sure if I'll do all 36 holes, but we'll see.

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm with you too. 36 sounds like fun. :)

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh! I love miniature golf! 36 holes sounds awesome!

Though the last time I played it I think my club ended up in a bush somewhere.

[face_blush][face_batting]

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Remind me not to stand behind you then. :p

22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I should have realized that was the case, with summer blockbuster opening schedules and all.:p

In that case, count me in for TF.N, Scott Pilgrim, 36 holes of Pirate mini golf, and possibly the Rebelscum party. And that's only what's been announced so far.:D

23. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Curses. You guys picked Friday. I have a ticket for the 501st Party on Friday. If you guys still wanted to do something on Saturday, I'd be game.

24. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Sorry JarJarJedi. I wanted to go to the 501st party, but it sold out too fast. I just wanted to give other people an option who also couldn't get a ticket.

25. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    But that doesn't mean that you guys cna't do something on Saturday (anything) for those who can't afford to go to the Disney party. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.