main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Daenna's Fan Art is back! - 10/29/2007: RC, Galactic Marine, and Bardan Jusik WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daenna, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like this Boba Fett, Daenna--what don't you like...? **scratches head**
    Basement24 is right, that the linework is excellent, and like always, the perspective and pose are superb--I like that billow of smoke or fire behind him there! The detailing is great, even in a preliminary stage (sheesh--this actually looks about finished to me, lol! ;) ). Very nice once again! This one deserves to be completed, in whatever manner you choose to do it--it's excellent!

FF

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    OMG!!! :eek: [face_hypnotized]

That Boba lineart is more than just stunning... kandosii work! Great detail (although some things are missing, but that doesn't matter, imho), and I especially love his helmet...

The latest Mando girl is neat, too.

Can't wait to see those pieces colored :D

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I also love his helmet and the pose is just cool! =D=

Great work, please finish it.

4. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Thank you all for the comments :)

Unfortunately I had to take a break from drawing: I'm applying for the army and that's taking me a LOT of time for physical preparations (I'm a wuss) and my priorities have shifted a bit... but hey, can't keep a girl from training herself the mando way ;) :p

The Boba Fett artwork will remain that way, too. The person who had asked that piece wanted something "rough and artistic", and he was pleased with the results! So I'll just leave it as it is. Less work for me :p

But don't worry, that won't be the last drawing! I'll soon post to show you my current works on the Bardan Jusik character! (Republic Commando novels). Don't ask me why I picked that one and not Etain or Darman or Skirata.... I just love blond bearded guys with long hair [face_blush]

5. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Here he is! But I must warn you that if you haven't read Hard Contact and Triple Zero by Karen Traviss, this picture might contain possible spoilers [face_worried] :p

Bardan Jusik Sketch

In the books, Karen hasn't given any detailed physical characteristics, she only mentionned the long hair, the beard and how Ordo thought Bardan should cut them :D Personally, I love them and I'm really good at drawing that (lol, ok I'm outta here :p)

6. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Wow, Daenna you are rely talented, you sketches are amazing and the Mandos are very impressive, keep up the good work .

Todan
    =D= [:D]

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, Daenna--you're going into the army?! **respect and admiration** I can't even begin to imagine what that might entail--but I wish you all the best, in any case!

And I am so loving Bardan Jusik!! What a fantastic sketch (and yeah--the long hair and beard really do look good! :p )! I love this sort of "mid-motion" feel: he's just stepped out of the speeder/vehicle, and has lifted his shades to say "Hey!" Great pose, very natural--and I love the jacket you've given him over the armor--unique and individual. That little grin on his face is just perfect, too--it gives him a very rakish quality! Wonderful illustration (and sometimes it's rather fun to just draw a character that hasn't gotten a lot of narrative description, isn't it? :D Vive le Artistic License! ;) )!!

FF

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Excellent pose - the hand removing the shades is particularly good. Your characters really seem to live and breath.

9. JM_Reider_Undasey

JM_Reider_Undasey Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Hey, Daenna, came to look at the bardan piece. I really like your lines in the work, i love the motion of it. Only two things i saw different from the reading of the book (only cuz you asked on my thread ;)

He's got a very strong jaw, but i saw him as a sort of boyish looking figure, who had jumped into jedi gear and began sporting around like he was a big man. I think a weak jaw might be more fitting, maybe? Also, in the book i saw his facial hair as being a little pathetic, because he was that young kid trying to be a big guy.
    But i love the line work! This is good stuff!

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I have to agree with JM that your line work is very nice. I love the sketchy feel and I agree that it does help to convey movement. I'm not familiar with the character that you've drawn, but I can definitely relate to him just from this drawing. Nice job on the proportions and the detailing. Any chance of seeing this colored? I think it would really look good with a splash of color here and there.

Keep up the great work! :D

11. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Hey all, thanks for commenting!

Yeah I'm gonna complete him with ink + coloring (Paint Shop Pro) when I have the time. Glad you all like it! Even if compared to the "real" Bardan he'd have to be skinnier and more boyish than the one I did :p I showed it to Karen and she confirmed that, so I guess I'll try to fix a couple of things before inking...

Unlike pencils, markers and pens don't have an "undo" function :p

12. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    I love your Jusik sketch, wonderful stuff! I just finished Triple Zero the other week, and thought the quote about seeing him in the Mando armour was worth drawing. Good work on the posing, the 'lifting' hand and the half-in/half-out of the speeder pose works really well. This would be a really nice piece to colour, or at least to make some companion character pieces for it!

13. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks Basement!!!! I finally got to complete him in full ink & colors :)

Bardan Jusik!!!!!!

*proud* :p

14. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Aww... when first seeing the sketch, I didn't think you captured Bard'ika too well... he looked a bit too much of a hard rocker/metalist..

But now, when seeing the finished, colored version, I can tell that you captured him more than great... stunning! =D=[face_mischief]
    I love the detail of his armor... especially the progress you made with the breastplate... it nearly "sucked" in the sketch, but it looks perfect in the finished version.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, Daenna! That really looks great!

Nice crisp, clean lines and I love what you did with the background. The twilight sky and the dirt and ware you added to the transport itself really makes this come to life. Excellent work! =D=

16. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Sweeeeeeet D.

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh awesome!! =D= What a great job with Jusik, Daenna!!! I love the lighting and shading on this--like HanSolo29 mentioned: it's kind of a twilight, turn-of-the-day sort of soft lighting, and looks just wonderful! The cityscape in the b/g is done superbly, and I also agree with our moderator that the realistic "dirtiness" of the transport is a wonderful touch--all in all, just a fabulous job! And you should be proud! =D=

FF

18. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Thanks! I'm happy you liked the background... it was difficult to come up with a decent good landscape picture of Coruscant :( and I didn't have the time to make my own so, I guess picture-manip is ok here :p

Here's some new sketches I made yesterday as I was looking at Wayne Anderson's art in a children's book about dragons :)

Two dragons ;)
    Dragon, colored

19. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Wow, DRAGONS - I love dragons!!! Awesome work Daenna! The detail is phenominal....really really great.

20. Daenna

Mar 11, 2006
    Hihih, it was only a copy, so I'm not really the one to credit for the details :p

On another hand!.... with the dragon training I had, I took on the varactyl, probably my favorite SW creature [face_love]

Boga in color
    Sketch

Not really detailed, this one. I wanted to make her look funny and cute so the realism had to go :p

21. FanakinSolo

FanakinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006

*eyes are currently falling out of sockets*

You are just... awesome.

Duuuude...

22. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Excellent Boga D.

I think we have a future Topps sketch card artist on the forum again!

D=D=

23. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Gahh! That's adorable! Boga rocks! I really like the playful quality to it, and the colours are fabulous! I think this is my new wallpaper all of a sudden... :D

24. Sometimes_normal

Sometimes_normal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    *gasp* WOW! Your. art. is. so. awesome! I love it xD Keep up the very good work.
    Wow...
    ^^ xD

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:

...Your dragons....

=D=

Your dragons!!!

Just a huge WOW over those--they're just gorgeous!! I adore the sweeping lines to them--it really makes them "take flight," if you get my meaning! The details on the close-up of the face are just awesome, with the frills and scales and teeth and brow-ridges...gorgeous!!

And Boga!! Like you, I just loved that creature! She was too cool, and really struck me as being Obi Wan's partner in their short time together, rather than simply his means of transportation. I love how you've combined that "sense of fun" with her unmistakably sinuous lines and movement--superbly done! Your lines really do convey a tremendous amount of energy and vitality, and really make your renderings move! Great, great work Daenna!! =D=

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.