main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~Dark Forces: Jedi Knight Revival- Come one, come all!~~~

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    If you're interested in Jedi Knight, you've come to the right place. Many of you know I've been posting announcements of games every few weeks and so forth. But I decided to go a step further (and stop cluttering JP's pristine forum with 6 million "JK THIS WEEK! WHOOT!!" threads), and schedule a "season" of Jedi Knight. I've painstakingly chosen games of every variety and possibility that I could cram into the fall/winter season on a once a week basis. It wasn't easy, some of this stuff is pretty far out there, while other stuff is just the old standard. I've also scheduled games for different days and times, in an attempt to make it possible for everyone to join plenty of games.

And on top of all of that, I am working on the concept for a Jedi Knight ladder tourney near the end of winter...something oft talked about, and never, to my knowledge, attempted here at the JC. I plan to get with JP concerning this, and how it will work, and what we can use as a reward (besides the mere honor of knowing you are one of the best Jedi Knight players ever ;)). I will have more details concerning that at a later date.

Below is a schedule of Jedi Knight games for the next four months. Anyone of any skill level is welcome. Bring your friends, your family, whoever you want. If you feel you don't wanna break into the public games without improving your JK skills, look me up, and I'm sure we can arrange some practice times. I will also give help with installing patches and levels...sometimes a sticky thing to figure out, if you're a beginner. I would like all Jedi Knight and JC newbies to know they are encouraged to introduce themselves into our games, and I also want to say I am very hopeful some of the past JC greats will return and join us as well. I've missed playing with so many of you guys...anyway, I hope everyone at least gives this concept of a Jedi Knight season a shot!

Notes- All of the add on levels that willbe played throughout the year have been highlighted in yellow. Well, hopefully. I have never in my life attempted such difficult html coding, and I have a feeling there's going to be about 30 edits on this before I get it all right, so if you see this and it's all messed up and the html is crap, be patient, I'll get it all fixed eventually. :p

To begin, here are the links to the most basic tool needed beyond Jedi Knight the game itself:

Patch Commander- A handy tool to have and a way to use mods for Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith. Download it Here

JK Patch Enforcer- A newly created program to run patches. I've never tested it, in fact it's brand new. You can read about it on Massassi's front news page (well, for as long as it's news). I have no idea whether it's any good or not, but if you feel bold, give it a shot. You can download it Here.

JEDI KNIGHT MULTIPLAYER GAMES SCHEDULE

October

Sunday, October 12th, 5 PM Board Time

Regular Jedi Knight, Full Force and No Force, Standard Levels

Monday, October 20th, 5:30 PM Board Time

Regular Jedi Knight, Full Force, Galactic Locations level pack. Get it Here

Tuesday, October 29th, 5:30 PM Board Time- HALLOWEEN SPOOKFEST!

Patch Commander Needed for this day!

Saber BattlesX 3.1 (Here) and Ghostbusters (Here) mods, No Force and Full Force, Levels:Reclusion (Here), Dark Citadel ([link=http://www.massassi.net/level

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Sounds like fun Conne. It'll be nice if JP could arrange some colours or something for the winner, which undoubtebly would be me :p I'll be up for it definately. And I might be able to get a game in [face_shocked]

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Looks like fun. I might arrange some JK games during MotS month, since I don't have MotS

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Cmon people, surely there is more people that are going to join in???

5. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Hmmp..."w00t", I believe, would be the phrase most befitting the occasion, in the popular (if painfully solecistic) vernacular of the Internet. You know I'm in whenever I can be. Every game needs some fodder. :p

Edit: Ultima, sounds good to me; I'm in the same boat.

6. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Wampa! I was wodnering where you've been! Haven't seen you online in a long time, or I woulda bugged you to crank up a game with me. At any rate, hope to see you at this Sunday's game. :)

7. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I also have JK and MotS, the problem is that I took it off of my computer because I needed room for JO and JA.

Of course there's always that tempting possibility of putting it back in for old times sake.

:)

8. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Awww, you should! You're very welcome to join us in our gaming! :)

9. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I am possibly the worst person in the world at JK multiplayer, so that ought to provide some incentive for people.

10. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Tempting very tempting. However, I don't think my Cable modem could take it.

Of course I think JK and JA have the best storylines.

Hmm tempting very tempting.

-UD

11. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I just thought I'd come in here just to stir Conne up. I absolutely whooped her ass in a game just then. It wasn't even a match really, just a frag fest :p So cmon Conne, you need to do better than that :D

12. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I might not be able to make it on Sunday after all. It'll depend on how long my parents are here (bringing up some winter stuff and taking me out to dinner.)

I'll probably make it, though.

13. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    UD- Cable modems are the best for playing JK! In fact, I always find some sort of cable person to host the games, considering my connection is crappy. Well, it'sfine for games with a couple people, but if we end up with more than like three people playing, it's trouble.

AW- Lemme try and explain this *again*. I was jumping in and out of the game while chatting with a friend on MSN. I would disapear for whole five minutes at a time. You didn't even notice this fact, but that's why you beat me. I also *hate* NF, especially on the standard levels. Note how the first game of the season *is* half NF on the standard levels, and keep in mind what I do for you. :p

Ultima- You gotta make it, man! Even if ya come in late, just check this thread or my AIM away msg for the IP. :)

14. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    AW- Lemme try and explain this *again*. I was jumping in and out of the game while chatting with a friend on MSN. I would disapear for whole five minutes at a time. You didn't even notice this fact, but that's why you beat me. I also *hate* NF, especially on the standard levels. Note how the first game of the season *is* half NF on the standard levels, and keep in mind what I do for you.

Sure sure, I've heard it all before. But I never shoot someone that standing around doing nothing. When I kick you ass its because you and me and had a genuine duel and I opened up a can on you. Just face it dude, you suck :p

15. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    I should be able to make it for at least part of it. What'll be first, FF or NF?

16. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Actually, I don't suck. You try carrying on a thought provoking conversation and a Jk game at the same time. We'll see how well *you* do.

Oh, and maybe I *was* gonna go easy on your during the FF, but NOW you're toast. ;)

17. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    No guarentees, but I will see if I can join some of those games. My body's been busy with a little 'expansion project' (due to be over about May 18th) and it is taking a lot of my energy away from gaming. If I survive the first three months, I'll see if I can make some game times.

18. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    I just want to challenge that whole worst JK player in the world title, I submit that I alone am worthy. I actually tripped and died on my own saber once. Still trying to figure out if it was a glitch or maybe an easter egg put in for really bad players.

19. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Actually, I don't suck. You try carrying on a thought provoking conversation and a Jk game at the same time. We'll see how well *you* do.

Alright I will. Next time we play, I'll be sure to distract myself.

20. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL...awww...Smak, you weren't *that* bad. It was prolly just a cruel Easter egg. ;)

AW- you do that. Definately do that. ;)

21. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey A-W, pity you weren't around tonight...I was in *prime* form!

Where were you today? Haven't seen you all day!

22. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Yeah. I was too. You're right, DS is definately better in MP.

23. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Possible chance for another Hoth/Endor "reinactment?"

I loved those old games. I'll see if I can make some of these upcoming ones though, but can't play on weekdays with school, so I'm kinda limited.

24. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow Aragorn, sorry 'bout that.

Well, maybe some weekends we can get together impromptu games like I did last night and you can join those anyway.

Can you make Sunday's game or are Sunday nights offlimits to you, too? We don't play that late at night.

25. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    The thing is that I can't even host a game due to the fact that I'm networked into the House's main computer. It bites, my friend and I used to play JK all the time.

We used to have all types of battles or impossible battles like ESB vs ROTJ Luke.

Or Anakin vs Vader. Hehe we had a lot of fun back in those days.

Ahh it was fun back in those days.

-UD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.