main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Mirror (AU, Luke, Mara, Jacen, Han, Leia, Jaina, Pellaeon, Thrawn, others, COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Yeah, Rokangus and Marie_Jadewalker are right. Pellaeon wasn't on the Chimera. He had relocated to another ship before the battle. Him not being on the Chimaera was the whole point. Pellaeon's strategy revolved around not being the Pellaeon that Thrawn thought he knew. Thrawn had no reason to think that Pellaeon wouldn't be commanding from the Chimaera, so his entire battle strategy was off. It faltered even more when the Bothan took command... and then again when Piggy took over. Thrawn was right when he calculated that Pellaeon had again taken command of the Fleet... but he was wrong to assume that Pellaeon was on board the Chimaera.

Basically, Pellaeon knew that Thrawn knew him too well, so he had to follow a tactic that was completely unperceivable in Pellaeon's character as Thrawn understood it. Moving to another ship instead of his beloved Chimaera... handing off command to others in the Fleet... and then ordering the Chimera to advance on Thrawn's flagship at full speed after Captain Ardiff and the crew had escaped was completely unexpected, based on Pellaeon's past command style.

That was the only way he could beat Thawn... avoid predictibility at all costs. Brilliant!

2. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Awesome story, Gandolf, and incredible writing.

3. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    That was fantastic.

Though (this is an unpopular opinion) I sorta wished Thrawn had died. His usefulness to the story seems over, though I trust you to come up with a surprise. Admiral saBiniring was also a nice touch.

BTW, someone already mentioned ramming the ship into the Executor in ROTJ, and I've seen it in other fics (including a varitation I once wrote). I don't think it's the same thing at all. Different objective, different result. Don't worry about the similarity.

4. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    I dobt we will, but I'd love to see a scene with Thrawn recognizing his defeat. For someone who's logic and beliefs alwayslead him to success, it would be really cool to see his reaction... (Just hoping)

Awesome post. Can't wait for the next one. WHich Luke is it?

Perator [face_devil]

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Woderful post, great action, I look forward to the next one.

6. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    You could be a very wealthy and successful writer if you wanted it...

7. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    I'm quite serious you know. And if you ever do decide to go pro, drop me a pm so I can be the first to support you.

8. technomage

technomage Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2000
    This has fallen too far down.

Up.

9. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    On page 22 and loving every moment.

"On the other hand, he had once met a psychotic cannibalistic killer who was a perfect gentlemen"

A reference to Hannibal Lecter, methinks.

10. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    Without a doubt! :D

11. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Time to get up.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo2

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    When is the next post?

<<I dobt we will, but I'd love to see a scene with Thrawn recognizing his defeat. For someone who's logic and beliefs alwayslead him to success, it would be really cool to see his reaction... (Just hoping) >>

I see Thrawn recognizing his defeat, if captured, with a sigh. I'm not saying he's giving up overall. Just for the time being, theres no point in losing control and getting yourself killed unless your suicidal. I cant see Thrawn suicidal much less staying in prison and waiting to be executed.

If I were Thrawn, Id play my cards right and wait to escape.

If Thrawn wasn't captured and escaped, he'd probably rally whats left of the Dark Empire. And if the rest of the Empire surrended, I'd lay low or return back to Csilla and retire.

Hope the bonk on his head doesnt mess up his thinking.

13. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    The next post? Good question. Sometimes we have to wait many weeks between posts.

14. mydred

mydred Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2001
    Great posts Gandolf!

15. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Gandolf better hurry up if he hopes to finish this story within a year (who would have thought it would be that long starting out?).

16. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    ...and then again, sometimes we have to wait many weeks...

17. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Upping because I'm giddy from watching 6 straight hours of Disney movies. :)

Looking forward to more, as aways.

18. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    UP! Can't wait for the next one!

Perator

19. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    This story is awesome!! Can't wait for the next post!!

20. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    WOW!
    Pellaeon beats Thrawn... The Apprentice defeats his Master...
    That was awesome!!!
    I can't wait for the next post!!!!!

21. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Strolls in for an upper.

22. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
  23. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    "Pellaeon beats Thrawn... The Apprentice defeats his Master..."

It's been said that the sign of a true master is if his students surpass him...

24. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    "It is a poor apprentice who can't surpass his master. "
    -Leonardo da Vinci

To everyone: Thank you [face_blush]

Rokangus, Grand Moff Joker: Yep, you got it right. Thanks for explaining the sequence of events there.

Grand Moff Joker:
    "That was the only way he could beat Thawn... avoid predictibility at all costs. "
    Yep. Although he couldn't just fling ships around at random. That's why he made use of other commanders.

After this there's 1 1/2 chapters left, plus epilogue. Getting there...

Chapter VIII

Jacen fingered his lightsaber, laying on his back on a couch on one of Karrde?s bases. Imowyn and Ebon quietly drinking some hot beverages at a nearby table. Wes Janson was being himself, though his humor was less aggressive than Jacen remembered, and he seemed to be serious far more often. A woman of about forty with deep blue eyes and graying blond hair was with Janson, and the twin golden bands on their fingers made their relationship easy to puzzle out. Hobbie, Lara, Myn, Gavin, Ooryl, Inyri, and Piggy were all scattered around the room.

Everyone was wearing Stormtrooper armor, leaving only the helmets off. Jacen thought that Ooryl and Piggy made odd looking Stormtroopers, but he knew that they would pass. The camouflaging and color changing properties of the armor hadn?t been activated yet, and they were all a dull slate grey. They were heading to the Death Star on a corvette named the Tantive IV.

Jacen suspected that no one else on the ship understood the irony of the name.

About fifty of Karrde?s best people were aboard. They were of a multitude of different races, each with very different skills, from slicing to demolition to intimate knowledge of Imperial systems. There was one skill they shared. They were all very good at killing people.

An older human man walked through the lounge, seeming very at home in his armor. Jacen placed his age at around fifty, but he might be up to ten years older or younger. His hard face was surprisingly unlined and his eyes were sharp, but his hair was silver-white. He walked directly towards Jacen, and Jacen sat upright to speak with him.

?You are Jacen Solo?? he asked in a harsh voice, and Jacen felt himself being measured on a hard and unforgiving scale.

Jacen looked the man square in the eye. The other mans eyes were as cold as Hoth and as hard as durasteel, but Jacen didn?t flinch. ?I am,? he said, silently proud that his voice didn?t crack. The other man held his gaze for a long moment, then nodded in approval and walked away. Jacen noticed everyone else giving the him plenty of space, and he wondered who the man was.

He got up and wandered over to Janson. Janson was going to be commanding the mission, and should probably know. ?Who was that?? Jacen asked.

Janson knew who Jacen was talking about. He looked away, back towards the door that the man had just exited through. He actually seemed slightly nervous, which surprised Jacen. ?I?m not sure about his real name myself,? Janson said, ?But I have my guesses.?

He was quiet for a long moment, and Jacen was just about to prompt him to keep going when Janson continued. ?I?m sure Karrde knows his real name, and it was Karrde that chose him for the trip, so you can trust him. The alias he?s been using here is Jaster Mereel.? Jacen?s heart skipped a beat. He?d heard that name before, knew who used that alias.

Jacen nodded thoughtfully as he walked away. He has just returned to his seat when the doors slid open. Across the room, Janson bounded to his feet. ?Here they are! Jacen, get over here. You have to meet Karrde?s top two agents.? Something told Jacen that Janson was being Janson, and he braced himself.

He got up and walked towards the door, and saw a pair of droid. ?No?? he breathed. It couldn?t be. The smaller of the two droids tootled when he saw Jacen.

?What are you blathering about, you rusty conglomerate of scrap metal?? asked the taller of the two droids. The smaller droid blatted at him. ?Artoo! Watch your language!? Threepio said, and kicked his compan

25. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    *claps* BRAVO! Oh man...I am excited that the ultimate showdown is going to happen soon, but also, the end of the story! :(
    *sigh*....but I am glad I caught this tonight, was about to get off, but went back and found a post. Keep it up Gandolf!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.