main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Dave's Ten Year Anniversary Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Nov 21, 2012.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    What.

This is something I promised myself I would never do. A large anniversary thread, with call outs, remembrance and weepy stuff. Then again, I also promised myself I would never become a frequent user in this site and look at me now, ten years after: part of the administration, flying overseas to attend conventions, and having dated a couple of users of the site. Who would have thought! I'm not going to get weepy about everything being a part of this site has given me: suffice to say it's been a lot. I can safely say I'm a better person today that I was ten years ago and a more complete individual, and the Jedi Council Forums have played a big part of that.

But now, on to what people care about: name-dropping.

The Original Duplicators: You were my first friends in here, and no doubt the reason I kept posting here instead of becoming another Mace_In_Yo_Face. Big Heironymus and Tom: your infinite wit and sense of humor changed the way I see the world in a significant way, and I'm glad to be able to say that real-life Tom lives up to his online persona, if not even better. Japes: your cautisc barbs definitely helped made my skin thicker and look at me now, cracking jokes about the Holocaust like a champ! Plus you're hilarious even when you're sober. Dani: you're a wonderful person, period, and I consider myself fortunate to count you among my best online friends, even if you like Disney Channel stuff. TAAAAASHIIIIII: post more! Laurie: rich, complex and always rewarding to get to know. Everyone: we should get the band together and do a new JC tour, don't you think.

The Late Duplicators: Like the second generation of X-Men, more media friendly but not for everyone! Kristie: one of my best friends here in the JC, who I first met in the Pixies thread (remember?) and who is almost as hardheaded as myself. Andrew: my brother, co-duplicator and co-hatter, who I also got to meet in real life and who taught me how to do some amazing recipes. You

The Spaniards: Long gone, most of them, but some still hanging around. FanForce Spain, that had one single meeting where we all got extremely drunk and didn't talk about Star Wars: we rock. Manu, Derik, Anna, TEH IRETH, Reddy, Yeray, Goyo, and everyone else I'm forgetting: you're my favorire hispadorks. Héctor: glad you still hang around, man, and glad we finally got that RPG running. I guess I have to thank Romania too, because we're currently sharing a message board with them for unknown reasons. Sup, guys.

The Day Hatters: Beenso, my lost twin brother from the other side of the ocean: I love the instant rapport we've always had. Bwyan: you're a dumbass, I hope you die... I kid! Looking forward to the next Photoshop challenge. Noundy: you're probably my favorite conservative (shut up, you are one), and it was fun to get drunk with you: let's do it again. Kendra: show us your boobs... har har, just kidding (but you can do it anyway). Frieda: you're perhaps the sweetest and most fully alive person I know; you're the best among us, and you should cherish that, because it makes us loves you.

The Night Hatters: Screw you. No one likes you.

The Permanent Hatters: Amy: you're extremely fun if very sick in the head; it's a pity we've had our fights in the past, but I'll always care about you, sis. Tim: my favorite demoted German mod who likes pop bands like Coldplay... okay, I like riling you up, what can I say; thanks for being so patient. Ross: okay, now you are patient, and hilarious, and can't wait for your upcoming One-Tailed Cat hardcover. Sean: your love of science and mocking religious people and the right wing reminds me of my 20 years old self, so I've always had a soft spot for you. And you recommended me anime, so yay. Eden and Chris: I'm glad you fight each other without end: makes me realize how lucky I am to not be dating a crazy person. Okay: you're pretty swell too. Billy: I love talking writing with you, for we're both madly in love with it: you're an excellent writer, you know, and I foresee you getting to great heights if you allow yourself. Beth:someone I love and admire, and that I'd like to see around more often.

The Hat Villa: Hatters that weren't that close to me before but that I got to meet better in Celebration VI. Aaron: you're a sweet guy, man, one of the good ones, and your dance moves are so smooth. Carmen: I forgive you for Macarena (but post more). Seth: how come I didn't know you existed, buddy? Or John Q. Hammons? A mistake I'm glad we fixed. Tony, my beer pimp: glad you could see that I'm not a **** in real life, and that you made me question my online persona (don't worry, Vin convinced me being a **** online was okay). Dan: I didn't expect Beth to “choose poorly”, and I'm glad to see she's with such a good person. John: damn hilarious, damn bright, and a joy to know. Also made me discover that Maid RPG. Matt: I barely knew you before, but I really enjoyed your company, and you made me extremely jealous of your English proficiency. Screw you!

The Gone Hatters: Even though we're not in friendly terms anymore, I have to mention the years of friendship we've had,because they're never going to disappear: always enjoyed talking nerdy stuff with Montie and Jordan, RPGs and comics in particular, and Juli was one of my closest friends for years, so here's to the good memories.

Gabe: Damn you, man, you don't fit any of the categories, or maybe you do in most of them. I miss our long talks, my good friend, and i hope everything is going alright for you.

The Canuck-Brits: A weird category, I know, but a lot of people that were active when I returned from my hiatus were British or Canadian. Go figure. Chris/Everton: Congrats on your future marriage. Oops, did I do things too awkward? I kid. Roper: I'll always cherish that day a thoroughly humorless poster named us in Comms as members of “the clique” even though we had never crossed two words. Fun times! Jay-Jay: you're hot, and I hope you're a grower, and I miss you lots, man. Stepic: I miss your beatnik poetry, so you don't get any comment about how awesome you are.

Femi and Nanouk: More people that were everywhere when I returned from my hiatus. I thought you were annoying at first, but then I found out you were damn obnoxious. Femi: you're one of the brightest and more talented people I know, bar none, and I'm glad you're finally swimming in, uh, ladies. Varouj: you're demented but never fail to make me laugh, especially when you call me and my mom names. Thanks, bro. Oh, and you have a girlfriend.

The Administration: After being outvoted a couple of times and saying “no” another one, I became a JCC mod. LOL. I didn't expect to last but I'm glad I did. There are some fun people in Mod Squad, believe it or not. My Team JCC buddies first, of course. Katie, who I had somehow managed to dodge for most of my life here, and who I'm always glad to count on. Jay: never telling someone “tough luck” felt worse. Sorry again, dude. I'm glad I got to meet you and I hope we can hang out together again, and this time you can be the impolite dumbass if you want! Marcus, who probably thought I had forgotten about him because he doesn't realize I'm not writing this sequentially (dumbass), who can always crash in my couch again and who I'm glad got good use of my brief Spanish lesson. Sonja: it was great to meet you and John, and thanks for everything you did to get the Hat Villa to happen. Ramza: my old anime and comic book nerd buddy, even if he's a DC fan (ewwwwww). Havac, who never fails to make me laugh with his wit and insight. The gone mods, too: Jess, my grinder buddy, who I miss so much it makes me cry; Matt, who taught me lots about being a responsible mod and who I expected to meet in FL but I'm sure I will end up meeting in the future; Roo, who was always there with a helping hand. And of course Ben, the mighty boss, who is always approachable and gave us a lot of Celebration Drinks (now that's the kind of boss I'd like IRL)

The In-Crowd: You know who you are. You are ruining the JC for everyone. Evan, Even, who i always liked back when I still posted in Lit and who I'm glad I got to know better. Tunick, who's going to cry if I don't mention him here. Luke: you're my favorite twinkie and I'll gladly be your beard (that's how it works, right?). Spidey, MyKe, SICTT and the rest of the Comic Book Thread: our love for sequential art will never die, no matter how many Before Watchmen: Guy In The Kiosk we have to endure. Maik: love talking politics and learning anthropology factoids from you, and I also love to ban you, what can I say. Jazib and Rachel: I'm naming you together to create an unfounded rumor because I'm that evil (but I really like you two, guys). Zassy, that explosive mix of beauty and raw creativity that everyone misses and that probably left us for some JoJo website or something. Ophie: yes, you've become part of the in-crowd: deal with it.

Everyone else: Josh, Crem, Sam, Mandy, Wocky (the best troll ever), Rella, Lizar, Mort, Pete, Ryan, Chels, Rachel, David, Dajuan, Ashley, Prennifer, Erin, Dora, Robert, Debra (thanks for the blue milk!), Claire, Ender, Emily, Jeff, Markku, Jimmie, Simon, Cameron, Nic, Andrewtwo, Chris506, Jenn, Erwin, and everyone annoyed by my use of real names. Thank you, guys.

Everyone I haven't mentioned: I either hate you or most likely thought I had mentioned you already and neglected to do it. Okay, I might hate you.

Cathy: I love you, babe, and you made this 10 years of having to suffer all these fools worthwhile.

Here's to ten more, and to some Episode IX bashing.

tl;dr: If you're reading this first, you probably don't expect to be name-dropped, thus you probably suck.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    aww, you mentioned wocky.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    as a mod, on this, the tenth year of your forums tenure, in celebration you are allowed to preemptively pardon one lawbreaker. i ask that this lawbreaker be me

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Congrats Dave.

TEN MORE YEARS! TEN MORE YEARS!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That has got to be the most heartfelt anniversary post I've ever seen. My wonderful comic pimp David, if not for you there'd be so much music and comics I'd wouldn't be enjoying right now!

Thank you and congrats on the big 10!!

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Hush, Frieda! I totally stole the format from Dani's!

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Congratulations/condolences (delete whichever is inappropriate) :p

Good to have you here, Daveed! [:D]

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
  9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    at least now we know where you've been the last few weeks. writing this post apparently.

10. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    That was actually quite an enjoyable anniversary post. Kudos.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I just did it! Hence the twenty edits to fix typos! And I already said my Internet at work has been working unreliably!

12. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I did a GIS on "Daveed" and found this guy. I'm calling it good. :p

[​IMG]
    Jello will be jealous of the crown, but if he starts to kick up a fuss just shout, "Look, Princess Anne!!" and flee while he figures out the proper obsequies for everyone in the room.

Congratulations on your 10 years, Dave . . . maybe after another 5 or so they'll grant you parole. :p

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh snap I got name-dropped! Great anniversary post, Daveeeeed, and here's to your next ten.

15. Darth Somnambulous

Darth Somnambulous Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I like being categorized, so I'm going to put myself in a category of non-categorized people with Gabe, Femi and Varouj. :)

16. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    happy dave years, ten!

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Awww, I've always liked me too. [:D]

Congratulations on being here nearly 1/3rd of your life.

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    This thread delivers.

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    You didn't thank Ossy. I like that.

'Grats!

Spider-Fan likes this.
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    This was a very niiiiiiiiiiiiiicely done anniversary thread, Dave. Many congrats on making such an impact here.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  22. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    ohhh snaps

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You are accurate in that I was ready to rage in this thread after I read the Hat Villa part.

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I got namedropped at the start and had to real the whole ****ing thing to see if you mentioned Wocky. Which you did. Right at the end.

You *******.

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  25. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Congrats Dave! May your adventures in the funny-pages be ever free of reboots, retcons and unnecesary prequels!