main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Death-Vader's Saga DVD Art (2/8/06 Update)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Death-Vader, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    This is a project that has kept me occupied over the last few months. I hope you like it.

As you can see, I made the colors for the prequels silver as well. I think this looks better because it looks great as a complete saga. I must give credit to Darth_Numanus, because I loved his ROTS cover so much that I pretty much imitated it. TPM is my least favorite. I actually did a different version that I scrapped but I'm still not really satisfied with the new one. ROTS is my favorite, and I really like ANH as well.I am pretty proud of these though. Let me know what you think I could do to improve these covers.

DVD covers based off of the current style of covers:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

This is an attempt to make the covers look like they are actually on a DVD case:
    Photo

I really like this Clone Wars cover. This cover is just an extension of a poster of Anakin and Obi-Wan:
    Clone Wars Cartoon

I took a stab at creating a rendition of the eventual saga box set. I based it off of the LOTR box sets. I did this picture really quickly but it still turned out okay. The second pic includes the inside of the box and the discs themselves:
    Archival Edition
    Archival Edition 2

I've put a lot of work in to this project as a whole and I am interesting in hearing your feedback so I can improve on them.

UPDATE
    starjedi9045 cover request
    ^^^
    Fan art request. See my latest post for discussion.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I like The Empire Strikes Back cover the best out of the six.

3. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    thanks. Empire was actually the first one I did.

4. Tesla

Tesla Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    Wonderfull,
    a few to many of the star artifacts for my taste, but I only nitced them because the picture loaded from the top and I have dial-up (do the math) I looked at them for a little while, anyway huge kudos for adding the slight red tint to luke's 'blue' saber its actually lilac (ya we all know[face_talk_hand]) I'd by a DVD set that looks like these, and the upload picture arrangement is awsome

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh, great! I wish you'd have done the real covers.

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job! They look like professionally done covers. You did a fantastic job blending the pics together.

AG88

7. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    Thanks a lot everyone! [:D]

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just wanted to pop in here and say that I really like what I see here. I've tried to produce my own DVD covers, but I always get frustrated and give up. Props to you for actually going through and doing not only the entire Saga, but well beyond that! These look professional and I can easily see them on future covers of our favorite films. ;)

9. starjedi9045

starjedi9045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Wow. I am totally love that.

10. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    ya u have the exact same clone wars pic as me except u added assaj yoda and dooku. I like the rest tho

11. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    That's true but I tried making a completely original cover for it, but it just wasn't as good as using that poster. I actually did more work than adding Assaj, Yoda, and Dooku b/c the original pic was not wide enough to fit the cover, and I didn't want to enlarge it b/c there would be less open space for the characters I wanted to add. So I had to extend everything that was cut off, like Anakin's robes and the sky. Also, the lightsabers need to be replaced and the planet in the background was partly cut off.

12. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I like them, but there are a few things that I know, personally, I would change.

The main thing is on Empire, the picture of Luke. At first glance it's easy to mistake that photo for one from ANH. I'd suggest placing another picture of him there that is a bit more recognizable as Luke from Empire. :)

Other than that, I think they look wonderful. You've done an amazing job. Kudos!

13. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    Good suggestion about Luke's picture. Although it is a promo pic for the scene at the end of ESB, it could be mistaken as being from ANH. I never thought of that. The only problem is that hi-res promo pics from the OT are scarce.

14. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    Ice Ghost11 is this better or worse?

Empire 2

15. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    That's much better. :D Nice fix, man. It kind of capitalizes on Hoth now. At least costume-wise. Though Leia wore that outfit during most of the movie having Luke in what he wore while on the ground during the scenes from Hoth just seems to bring out how vital the events there are.

And when you stop to think about it, Hoth IS extremely important to Empire Strikes Back. Not only does it display Luke's growing ability to use the Force (pulling the lightsaber to him using the Force), it also sets Luke up to go to Dagobah (His vision of Ben), and it also is the reason why Han and Leia end up being pursued through much of the movie. Without the Battle of Hoth many of the things that took place might not have. Though I'm sure Lucas would have found a way to make them happen, it says a lot for Hoth that he chose that particalur battle to get the movie going.

Listen to me, rambling about movies when I should be commenting on art. Gah! Pardon me.... ;)

And once again, great job with the covers. :)

16. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    could u make a gold version of all ur dvd covers?

17. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
  18. Immortal-Soul

Immortal-Soul Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Wow your Covers are great. Especially the ROTJ Cover in gold ;)

19. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I don't think they're ugly. I love them! =D= Great work.

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    These are beautiful, Death-Vader!

Well done. =D=

oldj

21. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Death-Vader my man! your dvd covers are brilliant. i avant been on these boards in a while so it's nice to see a familiar face!

keep up the good work man and i'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread!

peace

-num

22. QuinlanColodin

QuinlanColodin Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2006
    great covers. the ESb one is the best but the ROTJ one looks great in gold. The best part of the boxes are the Long time ago in a galaxy far far away on the back.

23. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Dude, kick ass work. =D=

24. DARK__SITH__LORD

DARK__SITH__LORD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2006
    great covers!! and you can sell them...:D [face_laugh] :D

25. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    I wish I could sell them but I don't want to get banned and/or get arrested. I don't think anyone would want to buy them anyway. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.