main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest December "Headline Edition" of the Mid-Rim Tribune

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hello all.

I'm going to try something new this edition of the Mid-Rim Tribune, the Headline Edition. Bascialy what I mean by this is I will post all the big news from the MidWest FanForce chapters and leave the individual breakdown of events for either January or a later December edition.

Depending on response, this may be something I adpot in the future or I may just save it for months where DRL really deals me a bad one. (Twas finals this time blech).

So, that being said, I should have something up tomorrow morning. Got a bit of news now, but I haven't had a chance to make it look pretty yet.

Thanks!! Check back soon.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Family in the 501st is in need of help
    As many of you you might have heard, Katie (the daughter of the 501st founder) has been diagnosed with a brain tumor on her brain stem. Many garrisons and FanForces are rallying together to help support the family in any way they can. In the MidWest, Ohio Garrison has been raising funds for this little girl.

If you'd like to help out head to the 501st HQ or the Heart of an Empire sites. Her family would be thankful for donations and words of encourgement.

Evansville, IN to host Star Wars Tales Author, Nathan Butler book signing
    Evansville would like to cordially invite the MidWest to their signing event with Nathan Butler, Star Wars Tales #21 author (and creator of many other fan projects.)

The event will be held at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave. in Evansville at 5:30 PM (CST time) on December 22nd. Join them for the signing, author Q&A, door prizes, and more! Head here or click the picture for more details.
    [image=http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/~jfstan/poster_sample1.jpg]

Des Moines, IA is now an official Fan Force!!
    Des Moines finally made the leap into Official-dom in November. They have chosen JediPatrick2177 as their CR, and are in the process of choosing a name. Congrats!

Ann Arbor, MI soon to reach Official-dom!!
    Ann Arbor has planned their third meeting and will soon be an official FanForce. They already have chosen a semi-official name of A2-F2 (Ann Arbor FanForce) all they have to do now is choose a CR. Congrats!

Green Bay, WI moved inactive forums
    Due to inactivity, Green Bay has been moved to the inactive forums category. If anyone is interested in reviving the chapter let DarthJurist, Krash, or Jedi_Dajuan know.

Lincoln, NE has a new CR
    Obi-Wan?s Apparition is the new CR of Lincoln. Be sure to offer him your congratulations and thanks the previous CR, Jedi_Liz for all her hard work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.