main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I think go for it!

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds good. I was going to ask you if you did do the Palpsie's Mom's story if you were going to keep it canon. There is a description of his family in the book Darth Plageus (Probably spelled wrong, but too lazy to look up in Wookieepedia). It sounded like Palpatine was disturbed even as a child. His parents were wary of him.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I would love to read Palpy's mom's insight.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    It was going to be AU. See, in the book, Palpsie killed both his parents and his brother. I was going to have it where she survived the "accident," but had no memory of what happened. Palpsie plays all solicitous as a good son... practice for playing the kind grandfatherly type for young Ani.

I decided it would be better as a regular story instead of a diary.

5. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I am looking at doing a couple of diaries since I have a great deal of time on my hands for the next year.

The primary one will be "Diary of a Spartan" and will follow a Spartan-II from selection until the Fall of Reach (Non-SW). It will be a first person from the POV of Jason-078, leader of White Team.

The second will be a fun one following a Jedi during the Clone Wars. His name will be Mer-Fi. The diary will be "Mer-Fi's Law." It will follow a Gungan Jedi and will be written completely in Gungan-Basic!

Would an entire diary in Gungan Basic be too much?

6. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    :D Welcome to the boards Volund. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Two things:
    Non-SW fan fiction goes here http://boards.theforce.net/forums/non-star-wars-fan-fiction.10808/
    - A good place for "Diary of a Spartan";)

Gungan Basic/Gunganese is basically English with a few changes. As long as it looks enough like english it should be fine.
    Example: "Mesa like to visit yousa city". = I would like to visit your city OK

"Can wesa goen dalee?" = Can we go to it? Confusing

Other than that, the bombad jedi Mer-Fi is good to go...

7. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Thank you. I've been around for a while. I took place in the 2011 diaries, but thanks to a storm, I wasn't able to continue. Thank you, though, for the link to where I can put my Spartan story. I have been planning it for a while and didn't know where to include it.

As for da Gungan, meesa do complete the lee be good in meesa understanin of how da Gungans spek. Meesa been wearin da costumeses for many o yearso. In dat time, meesa been ables ta be listenen to bunches a hisens temptin da Gunganese. Meesa also been writen da bookses wit differant speakins and accents. Meesa is, how you say, berry bery good at writen the speks of different fellows from cross da galaxy.

8. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Would it be too late for me to join in on this?

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    It's like trying to read lolcat, I can almost picture the capshionz of a gungan speaking.

This message brought to you by the letter S and by the letter W.

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Nope. I think the deadline for joining is sometime in mid-January. I know when I did it in 2011, I didn't join till after the first week of January.

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    We were just throwing ideas around, so you are not late at all. We can't start writing until the new year then you have until the 15th of January to post your first post. You PM the person in charge and let them know you are joining the challenge. Send them a link to your story. The rules are all in the first post.

12. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Diary_Challenge_Sock

The links in the opening post are for pre-Move URLs. Would you mind changing them to these?
    Code:
    This challenge was created in 2007 by [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/members/the_wandering_shadow.1186644/]the_wandering_shadow[/URL]. It was/is such great fun, that it should be done again...and again and again and again. Now under a sock to ward of DRL, so if something happens to your current host [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/members/jedifalcon.622139/](JediFalcon)[/URL] the thread will go on anyway.:D

If there are any questions left, post them here in the thread or [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/conversations/add?to=Diary_Challenge_Sock]pm me[/URL].

Old Challenge Threads:
    [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/threads/25809540/]Dear Diary Challenge 2007[/URL]
    [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/threads/27816976/]Dear Diary Challenge 2008[/URL]
    [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/threads/29588737/]Dear Diary Challenge 2009[/URL]
    [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/threads/30642121/]Dear Diary Challenge 2010[/URL]
    [URL=http://boards.theforce.net/threads/31430092/]Dear Diary Challenge 2011[/URL]

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll need to get back into the habit of writing, preferably before I resurrect my diary. Again, I'm just going to continue one of them. I'll drop in a "the story so far" type thing and cover the basics, and then just continue from there. That should work to cover all the backlogged stuff I never got around to. Nothing happened in them, anyway. Unless you all want to read how Zuckuss and two other inmates removed a nasty, smelly carpet from an old office that had been flooded at one point.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My sister and I were debating on going out partying New Years eve, but in the end we decided not to. She figured she didn't have the money and I wanted to start on my diary right after midnight. I am such a nerd.

I have sort of a plan for my entries until May. I just hope that they aren't too agnsty. I am writing a Ben diary that starts right after Invincible. I don't want to make it too dark, but the kid will be 14 and he just lost his mother and cousin and was in a war. The kid is going to have some mental issues. I decided against giving him full out PTSD, but he's not going to be the sarcastic 16 year old we see in FOTJ. It is going to be a challenge for me to do something so emotional from a male point of view.

15. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I'll be doing a Walter Mitty-esque diary of . . . er, someone whose life is astonishingly similar to my own in Non-SW Fanfic. I have a few practice entries posted and right now, the possibilities seem endless.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love these NSWFF diary plans :D

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    okay guys one day to wrap up this years diaries

And voting starts on the first :D

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Just out of curiosity, what diaries did survive this year?

19. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    the ones that survived are the ones with the live links on the first page

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh, yeah, duh. Ignore the dummy.

21. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    congrats to the ones who did make it this year =D=

Next year will be far smoother :)

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think I'm going to keep going with my old one for a bit. Not in competition, obviously, but I'm still having fun with it :) And since it was interrupted ... :p

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm still going to do my old diary, I'm just not going to restart it. I'm picking up where I left off.

24. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Thats my plan too,

oh and I did get an idea on a diary challenge.

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Would it be OK if i did Allana?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.