main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Disney but Lucasfilm and Lucas retires.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MusicTrooper, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Hello,

The following is a reprint one of my recent posts on this subject.

There are serious concerns in various areas of the Star Wars
    community on how this will affect them.

From the USA Today,

Disney is buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion, adding the legendary Star Wars franchise to the entertainment giant's stable of characters. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by founder George Lucas. The purchase culminates a one and a half year pursuit of the Lucas empire, Disney's CEO said.

MORE: Reaction to the news

Lucas, who receives 40 million Disney shares from the deal, will be the second-largest non-institutional shareholder of Disney, Bloomberg News says, behind the trust of deceased Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.

The 68-year-old Lucas will serve as a creative consultant but plans to retire.

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said Lucas, chairman and CEO of Lucasfilm, in a statement. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers."

------------------------------------

From me,

Looking forward to Episode 400, A Last Hope.

But seriously,

Star Wars can be found all over the world,
    in events both small and large,
    that have little connection to a single specific event
    at any Disney Theme Park.

Every aspect, from One Man Star Wars, to Weird Al, to the smallest charity troop for any reason,
    will have to consider the change from a corporation and franchise that are in the control of,
    or strongly influence by Mr. Lucas,

to

A coporation of StockHolders.

My hope is that a corporation of Stockholders,
    can see how fan participation makes them successfull.​