main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disney..Could this mean "Re make's"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    TRON
    TOTAL RECALL
    SUPERMAN
    BATMAN
    SPIDER MAN
    HULK
    ROBOCOP

STAR WARS....

Hollywood is in a SAVE MONEY TROUGH RECYCLING phase.

2. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Ryan Gosling as Han? He would make a better Luke.If I to remake the originals,Robert Downey Jr. would be Han.

3. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Not so. The Incredible Hulk is "The Incredible Hulk 1" and nothing to do with the Ang Lee film.

It just skipped over the origin story (which is shown in the open credits).

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001

True..true. I wouldn't want them to do a "reboot" of the entire Star Wars saga, but if they are even hinting of recasting any of the "big three", then in my eyes that makes it a remake movie. They can add new characters until the cows come home, but please, please do not attempt to throw some big name star in any of these roles just for the sake of making the next Star Wars movie "hip" and "fresh" for the younger generation. If your going to call it EP VII, then Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford, should be a part of that movie, even if the movie doesn't revolve around their character, at least have them play the characters that we know and love from this original series. Then, if they want to reboot the whole thing later on, then by all means have at it, but at least complete the saga "as is" first.

"I'm DRK_HLMT and I approve this message."

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    There is no evidence that anyone wants to remake these. There are a lot of people on this forum who seem to want that though.

Disney didn't remake TRON. LEGACY is a sequel. Have you even watched it?
    TOTAL RECALL. Not a remake. It is an adaptation of the story and beyond the basic plot and three-breasted prostitute bears no resemblance to the Arnie movie. Again have you seen it?

I will not comment on the Superhero movies mentioned because movies because who doesn't want these on screen every few years.

ROBOCOP. I can't comment but is the only actual remake on your list.

And only one of these involved Disney. So again Where is the evidence?

Jarren_Lee-Saber and epithree like this.
  6. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Fair enough. :)

7. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I think when it comes to Star Wars they wouldnt remake it cause until most movies they remake, Star Wars is still fresh and new. Spiderman, Batman, and the other remakes/reboots are not HUGE movies at the time of remake. (maybe a little for spiderman but the spiderman reboot was more of a rights to spiderman issue). You can release Star Wars on DVD it will be a huge seller, or they can re-relesae them and make money. I dont think you could do that with the old Batman movies, Spiderman, Superman, or most movies that get remade. Star Wars it DIFFERENT. If you release ANH today people would go see it, if you released Freaky Friday no one would.

8. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Remake...Re Boot...RE imagining......after VII VIII IX...the people that went to the original starwars will be late 50s 60s do you think market will care what we will think. and its the 50th anniversary

9. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    actually what actors could take the place of the originals?

Chris Pine could do a good Solo, and with a great make up artist McGregor could come back as Kenobi.

Who could play Luke, Leia, Tarkin and Lando?

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Please brush up on who owns what Comic/Superhero films, because Superman/Batman are NOT owned by Disney. DC Comics (which is a completely different company from Marvel Comics), which owns Superman/Batman, has a movie/TV deal with Warner Brothers which is a division of Time Warner. Yes, a reboot of Superman is coming, but not from Disney.

11. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    DM99 seems to think that all movies in the world are owned by Disney - its quite funny.

Juliet316 and epithree like this.
  12. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Don't you know? Disney owns the world. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    IMHO remakes are highly unlikely. I would not be surprised if there is a clause in the sale that state that the saga could not be remade until after Lucas was dead. Or after it falls out of copyright -- but since Disney will own it that will probably be never.

However, if they did remakes now, they could still get Liam Neeson to play Qui-Gon. :D:D:D

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    'Witch Mountain' has actually been remade twice (plus a sequel to the original)! The first remake featured Robert Vaughn as the baddie, the second cast the Kim Richards and Ike Eisenman (Tia and Tony in the original/sequel) as adult supporting characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.