main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Disney Star Wars Weekends Question.....

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Nanabug02, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanabug02

Nanabug02 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    Hi everyone!

My husband and I are looking to attend 2006 Star Wars Weekends at MGM this year. However, I have a question I thought maybe ya'll could help me with. We are thinking we might go for the last weekend, (June 10th & 11th) but we are worried if the spirits would still be high on the last two days.....

Is the last weekend and last day an okay time to go? Do they still have a lot of characters & events, or are they "wrapping things up". I'd hate for us to go all the way there, and not get the full effect.

Please help! Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks! Leanna

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I have never been to the last weekend, but plan on it this year. I have not heard anything said that the last weekend was not as good as the others... So come on. I plan to march in all the parades this year with the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion. Disney makes sure everyone has a great time and the characters are all out there for a good time.

3. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    Remember last year........the "last weekend" wasn't the last weekend at all! They added 2 more!!! So you never know. I am hoping to march in as many as I can as well. The weekends we march will all depend on the number of people that sign up to go on those weekends however.....

4. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I can't make it to the Panera meetup after all. Sorry, guys. something came up. however, I had a suggestion. why don't we all go to the Disney Star Wars weekend and march in the parade? It will be an awesome opporunity to get up in costume and possibly meet plenty of other SW fans. So, what do you say? Are you game?

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design." -Lord Sidious

Sincerely,
    Brian

5. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Hello fellow Sith's and soon to be extinct Jedi's, ha ha, just kidding. I got my nights mixed up earlier, so I actually will be at Paneras on Friday night. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Random SW trivia question: what species was Garindan?

I'll have an answer for you when you reply, unless you think of something first.............

Meanwhile, dig this quote: "That armour is too strong for blasters."

6. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Garindan is a Garindan, he was known as only two things: long snoot, which described his face, or simply his species, Garindan. Many characters from the original movies are known as their species rather than a particular name.
    As for your second question, "that armor is too strong for blasters" is what Luke says during the battle of Hoth after attempting to shoot an AT-AT.

SW Weekends, ALL WEEKENDS ARE GOOD! They have guests there every weekend, the cast characters are always there, and the 501st and Rebel Legion participate in the parades.

As for the FanForce being in the parade, that is something that the city reps would have to get together on and approach Disney for. Also, there is a minimum member requirement to participate in the parade. Being as most of our costuming members are also members of sister organizations, chances are they would be pre-signed up with them and our numbers would not add up.

Later

7. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    There is no way anyone will ever beat you Bert. I guess I'll just have to go back to watching the Boba movies for Han and Boba... darn.

8. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    It is foolish to try to stump Bert with SW trivia. I bet he didn't even have to think for a second about those questions.

They are not the Boba movies!

9. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Battle of Hoth was ESB, that IS a Boba movie!
    Im just full of useless knowledge!
    Later

10. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Of course Boba was in the movie, but it was not a Boba movie, it was a Star Wars movie!

11. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    Fine Jamie, they're not the Boba movies. You're right. Except for episode 1, they're the Fett movies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.