main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I'll bet that there will be Jar Jar... and he will be killed during his first scene in the most spectacular way possible. And everyone in the theater is going to stand up and applause.

Zorrixor likes this.
  2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Would sure be a way of saying "This is NOT the prequels". [face_laugh]

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The current rumor mill, which is always always right, is suggesting that the Boba Fett film could take place between ANH-ESB or ESB-ROTJ. I'm not so thrilled with that idea; if Fett carries a whole film, I would think a younger, more vulnerable Fett would be much better (then again, they do still have Morrison to play Fett, so might as well take advantage of that). Needless to say, I hope it's not between ESB and ROTJ. It looks like even the Fett film could be threatening to canon :confused:

Cue sweeping John Williams score :p

4. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    If there is a Fett film, I demand that he does not speak during the film. [face_not_talking]

(And after two hours of Yoda talk, having a film where the main character doesn't speak at all will be welcome. :p)

5. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    If they do a Yoda movie, I maintain it should essentially be Dark Rendezvous The Movie: have a main cast of characters, either his fellow padawans or his students (depending on how early it is), but have Yoda be the guiding influence and voice of reason. That way, he still gets to be awesome without having so much screen presence he becomes annoying.

For Fett, I could live with a dark times movie, I could live with a movie between ANH and ESB, I just don't want it to overwrite Shadows of the Empire, especially because there are better places to put a Fett movie anyway. It's not like you can star Han in it or anything, he's locked up in carbonite.

my kind of scum likes this.
  6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not really a fan. Embrace the EU or throw it in the garbage, but this kind of half-hearted blending? I'll pass.

7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Say hello the retcon that he was defrosted, then frozen again just before ROTJ! 8-}

8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    In the exact same position? [face_party]

9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Wow, you go have a little minor out-patient surgery and the whole world explodes. :eek:

10. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    And so it begins, my pessimism that Disney will just take this franchise and pimp it out till it's worn and no one wants to use it or see it anymore is gonna come true. Spin offs? Why stop there? Give every character their own trilogy. Think of the toys you could sell!! The special editions!! Star Wars from the vault!!!
    Even better now Star Wars is possibly turning into DC and Marvel. In the next book just have a force time warp bomb or some made up thing wipe out the EU and put all EU fans out of our misery instead of doing some half hybrid sloooww death of the EU.

I guess you don't eat a barve like Star Wars all at once.......

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yes, heaven forbid Star Wars become over-merchandised. :p

I demand Morrison play him at his real age, because that would mean Fett vs. the Vong. :D

TheRedBlade likes this.
  12. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Fett movie: why not set it during the Clone Wars/ROTS? give us badass young Fett facing off with surviving injured Mace Windu in Coruscants undercity during ROTS after his windowfall :D PLEAAAAASE

13. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Let's let dead people stay dead, shall we?

What next? Palpatine grabbing hold of a TIE Fighter halfway through his reactor plunge and flying away cackling madly?

TheRedBlade likes this.
  14. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    You can never have enough Clone Trooper/Storm Trooper variants.
    :D

I just want them to come out and say. "Okay, EU fans we don't care about you, we never did. In fact, the whole Star Wars franchise is really now gonna be about how much money we can pull out of casual Star Wars fans by flooding TV, movie theaters, and gaming with Star Wars spin offs origin stories etc. We're not even gonna attempt to make this union work anymore."

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    you mean Palpatines soulless body survived too, not just his escaped spirit that got defeated in Dark Empire? Nice... so Palpatine can be the villain in Sequels again... as spiritless body... guided only by the pure dark side.

;) you are genius, I want that too!

:p in the end, he could have used his sweet black stick to teleport himself through time... though I guess he never found out what other Sith before him did with it, eh?

16. Dynoblaze

Jan 16, 2010
    No, Darth Maul was brought back "officially" in TCW. If that can happen everything is up for grabs.

Probably, that'd be cool to see as an easter egg [face_laugh]

Zorrixor likes this.
  17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Just because it happened, doesn't mean that it was a good idea.

18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Particularly if those dead people were made dead by Palpatine. That's already like dying twice. Those people better stay dead.

19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Exactly.

I believe I've said elsewhere that Maul's return was clearly Lucas testing the waters for Palpatine's inglorious resurrectionless return in the sequels. :p

Lucas thinks ahead like that, you know. He probably had this idea all the time, right back when he had the Emperor fall down that shaft back in 1983, and then repeated it in 1999. We should all have known what was coming the instant Maul crawled out of that hole with eight legs.

20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    you saying to expect Palpatine with 13 legs, 3 arms and 3 eyes? Zorrixor

Barriss_Coffee and Zorrixor like this.
  21. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    If it's just a single young Han movie, then I'd guess it would simply follow Han through pretty much one adventure from his youth rather than serving as an extended survey of the timeline of his life*. In that case, there would be slightly less danger of greatly contradicting his established back story.

*Unless these standalone films break hugely from the format of the saga films, which, I guess, they could.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I expect Palpatine to hop on one transparisteel leg.

23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    "George Lucas" and "planning ahead" are two things that do not go together O:)

GrandMasterKatarn and Zorrixor like this.
  24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I present you the first Imperial Pogostick!

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So you doubt that the Emperor's return as a three-eyed one-legged barbarian was not his vision all along?! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.