main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Do we need the iconic Star Wars-elements back or something new?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Darkmoon, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Would you have the iconic elements of OT-Star Wars back or something completely new?

1. Yes, I would love to see the Star Destroyers, TIE-Fighters, X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon back.

69.2%
  2. I would prefer something completely new and fresh.

30.8%
  1. Darth_Darkmoon

Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I was wondering if we would rather have some or most of the iconic elements of Star Wars like the Star Destroyers, TIE-Fighters and even some of the old heroes back or if Star Wars does need something completely fresh?

When I think about Star Wars, I think about lightsabers and Star Destroyers, TIE-Fighters and X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia, Chewie and the Droids.
    I think this is why the PT didn't quite work that well for me. Most of the iconic elements were missing. And if you think about it, there haven't been that many new iconic elements in the PT. No recognizable ships etc.

So would you rather have them back in a new movie or do you want to have something completely different. New ships, not related to the ones in the OT and compeletly new heroes? Something that would only be Star wars in name with lightsabers and the Force in it...

2. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Needs the right balance of OT, PT and new stuff.

Rather have more OT stuff and New stuff with a hint of PT.

Voss likes this.
  3. UseTheForceLady

UseTheForceLady Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes this

4. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Combination/balance of all. I always want to see new aliens, ships, technology and creatures, but I want my goodies too: Jawas, twi'leks, lightsabers, tie-fighter type fighters, HUGE capital ships and on and on

5. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Of course they should add new stuff to freshen it up, but they're definitely going to need to go back to the fundamentals if they really want a true successor to the OT.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It'll be a mix. Time has passed, designs will have changed. But the MF & Slave I can still be there.

7. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, it just needs the right balance. We are ALL gonna lose it when we see the Falcon for the first time again!

At the same time I want new ships to buy legos for....

8. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Both. They need both.

9. Corruptor

Corruptor Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2002
    Yes both, though I've been hoping that if Spielberg directs he won't use so much CGI so it looks more like the OT... if that makes sense.

Jair Crawford likes this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wish there was an option for both. I would like to see some old icons like the Falcon and X-Wings but I would also like to see plenty of new ships. The ST needs its own icons like the PT has. Not to mention it shows progress in the Galaxy.

11. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    I never had a problem with the CGI, per se, but more the hue and color saturation. The CGI in the PT is fantastic for the most part, and if you just desaturate the colors a bit, it looks much more realistic. But Lucas made all his colors so bold and dramatic that it took away a lot of the realism. Geonosis was SO orange, for instance. And Mustafar was WAY too red. Yes its a lava planet but, EVERYTHING was smothered in a like, red mist, and it looks weird, imo.

12. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    The ships and musatafar were all models in the PT. ever watch the making of?

13. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    CG space battles with new and derivative variations of the OT models would be pretty neat. I'm sure there will be some PT ones flying around too, but I think the point in the prequels with some of the craft was to show it being a lesser evolved variation of what is in the OT. Still doesn't mean some can't be around.