main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want unknow or big name stars?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I would have to say unknowns for the most part. Now if the actor is an alien you might get away with it nothing to recognize.
    Recognizing an actor from another movie tends to break immersion.

2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Combination of original cast, recognizable character actors, and for the young leads who will inherit the mantle of Star Wars, really fresh faces.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree with the above. There should be some unknowns and some recognizable faces, but no mega stars unless absolutely necessary.

4. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    a combination...the way it's always been:

OT: Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing
    PT: Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman

There were also some lesser-known and basically unknown actors in both trilogies. I want the same for this one. In terms of established actors, I'd love to see Gary Oldman and Michael Fassbender in the new trilogy.

lokus likes this.
  5. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Throw in one or two super fan actors who petition for a bit part, e.g., Samuel Jackson and the ineluctable cameos by friends and family of Disney execs and you've struck upon the best casting we can hope for.

6. lokus

lokus Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2004
    I agree with many of you. I think having one or two well knowns and the rest being unfamiliar unknown actors, similar to a ANH would be best. In a similar post I said that I wasn't too fond of Haydens performance as Anakin especially when turning into Vader. In this case I feel as though they took an unknown actor and as a result ended up with a subpar performance.

7. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The only cameos I really want to see are Sam Witwer and James Arnold Taylor .