main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Only two of those have snow in them.

At least give the Doctors some Christmassy hats :p

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    And both of those were filmed just down the road ;)

[​IMG]

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like that tree. Is that one of the Angels at the top?

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Naturally :)

Got Baubles of all the Doctors, and the companions from Rose onwards. Also got some Daleks and cybermen to hang off it, along with a St Johns Ambulance side, and Police Box plaque.

7. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Nice, hal. I suspected you'd do something like this! :p Does the 'Police Box' sign look a little... plonked? I confess I can't think of a better way to incorporate it, but there's something wrong. Maybe it's just me.

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    It's temporary, as you can see the ink running out on the right hand side. Not entirely sure how to incorporate it better. I might cut out the letters individually and attach them to a piece of black tinsel

9. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  11. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I repeat.

That hat. =P~

That coat. =P~

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I knew I had forgotten to mention something. I saw this being advertised in the monthly catalogue of upcoming BFI events. If anyone is interested I'll try to keep the thread updated on what the BFI is screening each month.

Random Comments and Juliet316 like this.
  13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My friends in NorCal just emailed everyone to say on the 30th they are starting a new tradition of having a Christmas for friends, wherein we all have a DW Christmas and watch the special.

AWESOME idea for a tradition... except I'm always still in Missouri until New Years :(

I realized this when I was really looking at pictures whilst making Sims DW characters..... what?

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I noticed his near - lack of eybrows when he was first cast. (Didn't help that his initial post - casting photos made him look like Edward Cullen)

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Guys! Guess what show won TV Guide's fan favorite vote for the first time?
    [​IMG]

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I voted in that! Good to see my vote counted!

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Ordinarily I would say "Doctor Who", but I'm too distracted by Matt's really, really light eyebrows to think straight. That image really 'shows them off'. :p

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hopefully I get the Who cover in the mail when my subscription issue comes in and not just the Larry Hagman tribute cover (TV Guide can be funny like that to it's subscribers).

Edit: A bit OT, but 'good job' TV Guide for posting a spoiler for last night's Walking Dead mid - season finale in releasing this cover early without thinking about the possiblity of some people might not have watched it yet.:rolleyes:

Random Comments likes this.
  19. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    OMG is he wearing a tie?? As in not-bow? :eek:

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He was wearing a not - bow tie in some of the set pics, so presumably he'll be wearing a not - bow tie at some point during the Christmas Special (Although it seems he's back to bow - tieness full - time when the rest of S7 returns in the Spring.

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm still shocked, though - I believe this is the first time since The Eleventh Hour...

22. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The wedding of River Song. He was in a toga for a good portion of that episode. :p

Also I believe the trailer for BBC One's christmas season features a clip of The Doctor putting a bow tie on.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Since The Doctor's in a pretty grim place at the start of the Christmas special, maybe the quirky cheeky-chappiness of a bow tie didn't feel right? Ties can sometimes weigh heavily upon the wearer, and the material looks thick on this one. In fact the whole costume (stunning as it is) puts me in mind of a person weighed down, hidden away. Not himself. The tattered hat sits huge on his lead obscuring his styled locks (not there to look "cool"), the luxurious jacket fits like a thick comfort blanket. The tie hangs grimly from his neck where once a bow tie sat cheerily. The Doctor's hidden under it all. It's a beautiful costume, but it's also a place to hide. Maybe by the end he'll be himself again, cheered by Oswin / Clara / wotshername and back in his bow tie. :p

24. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Also, the Doctor is in a tie for the majority of the trailer, and is only seen in a bow tie when he appears to be in the midst of saving the world. So if there's a clip in the BBC's Christmas trailer of him putting a bow tie on, maybe his choice of neck wear is a barometer for his mood. :p

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, it was a bizarre wibbly-wobbly alternate reality. :p
    Well said. I haven't thought of that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.