main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Does anyone go to Baylor?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi-Jade, Jun 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Thanks, I'm sure I'll be e-mailing a bunch of questions!

2. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Yep, Rand's right. It's a little hectic at times but I'm starting my third year at a two year school. I'm trying to get all the info I can to make my fan film.

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Yep I've in school alot longer than I shound have been

4. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Waco's not bad when you got friends to do stuff with

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    friends...friends...friends now where have I heard that word ;)

Waco's not a bad town it's just small. But it's 2 hours from Austin and Dallas.

6. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    What classes do you recomend taking? I have to pick them next week and I have no clue what to do.

7. Rand_Coyn

Rand_Coyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2001
    well, I really recommend that you get your university requirements out of the way first. if you don't they will haunt you through your entire time here. If it were me I would try and take french with Lasonsky (she got married so it might be Level) or Gilbert, get chapel (AKA nap hour) out of the way, take an HP, take an english (most of those are taught by TA's, but get a prof if you can) take one of the religions (I took Old Testament with Sadler and it was a breeze), take a history (Hamilton isn't the easiest, but he's the most interesting, avoid Hull the Dull if possible), Oh, and I have to make my plug for Anthropology, Intro with Cook is great, but Thurston is also good and Wallace is very nice plus it will take care of a social science or an elective requirement. Lets see, that adds up to about 17 hours, so if you want to take it easy you could probably not take the hist or anthro, but I reccommend getting the others out of the way as soon as possible.

8. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    O.k. how does this sound:

English 1302 (or whatever one they put me in)

Re L 1301

History 1306 (am I crazy)

SP 1163 (self defense. is this a mistake? anyother suggestions?)

CST 1303 (mass communications I think)

French or Spanish 2303

Is this too much, or is there anything I should change? Suggesion?

9. Rand_Coyn

Apr 15, 2001
    ok, Self defense is probably a ok choice, really Bowling is the best, but it always closes halfway through the junior class, so you won't be able to get that. BIG WARNING on the forgien language number though, unless you're already proficient take 1401. I think you have to test out to automatically get into 2303. (this is only big to me since languages are my major downfall!) I still reccommend getting chapel out of the way, unless there is a scheduling comflict. other than that, depending on the prof, your schedule is pretty good. be sure and have some alternative classes handy, though, just in case some classes are closed. (better safe than sorry) remember some of the profs I reccommended, in Hist avoid Hull at all costs (he isn't very interesting and you won't learn much, try for Hamilton) try for Sadler in Religion, and if you go for French, try Lasonsky (maybe Level now) I also heard Gilbert is good. Let me know how your registration goes.

10. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Wow, I didn't realize I put down the 2303 French class. And I am going to get chapel out of the way. I'm doing the registration over the phone this week, so I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for your help!

11. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Well I register tomorrow morning. So I'll let you know how it turns out....

12. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    O.k. just got done registering. And my schedual kind of sucks, but oh well. Actually it's not that bad, but all my classes are in the morning and I start my day at 8 a.m. eek....How does this sound

Monday
    Religion with Hartsy (I think)
    English at 9 a.m. with Moore
    Chapel at 10 a.m. (if I do orchestra, I'll drop Chapel 1st semester)
    French with Lasonsky at 12
    and possibly orchestra at 2

Tuesday
    Tennis at 8 a.m.
    Telecommunications at 9:30 a.m.
    French at 12
    and possibly orchestra at 2

13. Rand_Coyn

Apr 15, 2001
    I havn't heard anything about hartsy, I've heard moore is tough, but good. other than that, your schedule looks good. I wouldn't worry about chaple, all you have to do is attend and you get your P in it.

14. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Congratulations, you've taken your first step into a larger world

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.