main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Does anyone know this kid?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarJarIsBoba, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    From the 4/25/02 Honolulu Advertiser:

"That's all kind of cool," said 15-year-old Elnardo Tabag of Kapahulu, a "serious" fan of the first trilogy. "But if ('Attack of the Clones') sucks like the last one, I ain't going to the next one."

Does anyone know who this kid is? If you do, can you give'em couple o' slaps for me? ;)

This guy wasn't even BORN when ROTJ first came out.

Here's the entire Advertiser article about The Mythology of Star Wars.

2. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Yeah that kid should get some slaps, but I have a bigger gripe with Derek Paiva Advertiser staff writer. Now I have no problems with people not liking Episode I. I mean we are all entitled to our own opinions, but when you go about bad mouthing Star Wars and make lopsided polls to prove your point, I think that's just way to retarded. Check out his article/poll. Your choices are pretty much set up so that it makes TPM look really bad. This guy should get some slaps.
    Honolulu Advertiser Article

3. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Yeah I know. I notified theforce.net about that poll and they posted it.

A lot of the smaller publications have been really bashing TPM, no doubt to stir more controversy.

A publication like TIME doesn't need to put a spin on anything. They call it like it is. They say some people didn't like it but the movie made over $400-million dollars only behind E.T., Star Wars: A New Hope and Titanic. Not bad for a movie that "sucked."

I was a little annoyed at Newsweek's Problems/Fixes thing. But, I think they liked AOTC.

And for Derek Paiva...

*slap**slap**slap**slap**slap**slap**slap*
    ...from Jar-Jar...
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Characters/Jar-Jar_Binks/jjc-01.jpg]

4. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Yeah, I saw their thing on theforce.net. The only thing I didn't like about what theforce posted was that the Advertiser was "junk" or "small time" or something like that. I was kind of offended by this, cause I think the Advertiser is a damn good paper, maybe not up to LA Times or anything like that, but still good none the less.

5. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Actually, I think they just copied over my opinion on that poll.

The Advertiser is good for news. But it skimps when it comes to entertainment news. When they released the "poll" they said they were going to "keep us informed" of the lastest news and gossip on Episode II.

Hello? The rest of the media has been keeping up with this for the last YEAR now.

That was just my little vent. Otherwise, we have some good newspapers in Hawaii.

6. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Well the results of the poll were released today in the advertiser. This guy needs some slaps I think. You know, I wish I worked for a paper too so I could push my own ideas and bias on others. Here's the link:
    Star Wars sandbagging

7. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    What an a******.

8. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    that's what I thought too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.