main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does "The Clone Wars" use "I've got a bad feeling about this" too much?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LordThrawnStark, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordThrawnStark

LordThrawnStark Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    Hello everyone,
    I'm brand new to the site. I started watching season 1 of "Clone Wars" the other day, and after 10 days in I'm loving the show. However one thing is bugging me. They seem to use the saying alot. I think I even heard them using it multiple times in a single episode. Anyone else feel this way? I guess I feel it should be used only in special instances. Can anyone imagine John Mclane saying is famous catch-phrase all the time?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes, they use it in nearly every episode, but they don't use it as much in seasons four and five.

And welcome to the Jedi Council Forums! I'm sure you'll like it here in the LACWAC community!

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I have got a bad feeling about this thread! ;)
    Just kidding...

Actually, I kind of like the use of quotes used in the movies!

4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I think when they try and shoehorn too many of the film quotes into an episode that doesn't need them, then it can be a bit of a problem...but i've always seen this one line as an exception - since its used in every star wars film... its kind of just carrying on the tradition to use it in every screen story of star wars...season 5 has some really well used OT lines in their stories and in those instances, they work perfectly.

The opposite end of the spectrum (and one of my least favorite moments of animated SW) is when Obi-wan says in Chapter 22 of the micro-series "What an incredible smell you've discovered!" Because it makes no sense!!!! no one had ever said anything about discovering a smell! Han said that line because Chewie was protesting going in the garbage shoot because he smelled something bad. That line doesn't work to be thrown out there anytime something smells...it frustrated me...sorry for the tangent.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Never noticed that the characters said that.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    You must not be a regular watcher then.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I've seen every single episode from S1 to S5

8. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    Must be a big fan.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea I am actually.

10. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    If we want something that's overused how about crashes? How many episodes features huge crashes with very few to no injuries involved to the main characters? These ships must be made of some sturdy stuff.

I'm in Season 4 now and they mixed it up by having Dooku say he had a bad feeling about disguised Obi Wan/Hardeen. Gotta mix it up!

11. LordThrawnStark

Mar 8, 2013
    Ok, well that's good to know. It's an awesome show don't get me wrong.

12. LordThrawnStark

Mar 8, 2013
    Me too, I was thinking about this actually. They use it once per film if i'm not mistaken. We had to wait three years in between films, and since i'm watching them all back to back on DVD it's probably seeming worse than it really is.

General Immodet likes this.
  13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It's good to see another Game of Thrones fan on the forums.

As for your question, I haven't really noticed any of the characters saying the phrase too much. In fact, I can't remember the last time a character has said it in the show. I suppose that the overabundance of the phrase was present in the first season of The Clone Wars, but it has been a while since I've seen the first season. My suggestion: keep watching the show. The dialogue improves in later seasons. I've noticed it. While I don't remember much from Season 1, I do remember complaints about the dialogue in it.

LordThrawnStark and QuangoFett like this.
  14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Dialogue is an ongoing issue with TCW imho.

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I wouldn't get his hopes up. The state of LACWAC inbetween seasons tend to deteriorate over time. In fact, I'm thinking of going into LACWAC hiatus until Season 6 starts.

That said, it's good the OP likes the show. I think he'll find that the dialogue in TCW is one of its strong points as the series progresses(that, and the animation, action scenes, characters, etc.).

16. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I find it far more tolerable than ROTS... ::shudders::

...but i digress.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Overall, I'd say too much saga dialogue is used, and it should be toned down a bit. Erase it entirely? No, definitely not. It can be used to really tie together TCW with the saga. But using too much just makes the script sound amateurish, and it breaks immersion.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The way I see it: The more they use OT dialogue, the more I realize that they're not comfortable with their own ability to create a SW story. They have to remind the viewers that it's Star Wars...

07jonesj likes this.
  19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Here's your answer:

People who like the show: "No, not really."

People who don't like the show: "Yes, definitely."

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  20. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    there's no sound in space but there is in SW. they should have eliminated in-atmosphere sound

GGrievous likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's what I would like to do. Sadly, there's no John Williams music in TCW.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The overuse of corny lines in a tongue-in-cheek way doesn't bother me particularly. It's like the Wilhelm scream, I see it as a kind of trope or satirical joke in films.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. LordThrawnStark

Mar 8, 2013
    Yes, I love Game of Thrones.

Well i'm about half way through season 1, so might just be the first season.

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Everything uses "I've got a bad feeling about this" too often. It's ******* everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.