main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Don't you hate it when....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthPapa, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Your mom sells all your SW stuff at a garage sale!
    Picked up about a dozen action figures, a Vader on a pedestal model, 2 x-wing, 2 Naboo starfighters, 2 podracers, 2 Imp. shuttles, a y-wing, Milennium Falcon, Correllian Corvette, a tie Bomber and a Death Star playset, all for $25. Most of the stuff had been played with but most of them had the pilots etc. with them.

DarthPapa

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    That's a great find. It sort of makes you feel sad for the person that gave it up.

3. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i know. I had a mircomachines transforming deathstar but it was my father that sold it.

4. DarthPapa

Jun 1, 2007
    It was the good old "well, my boys are too old to play with them any more"
    The lady and her husband weren't much older than me so unless they started real early the kids couldn't have been more than about 15. plus they were selling a kids bike that my 5 yr old fit nicely so theres another clue.
    yeah I know some parents will never learn.

DarthPapa

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    yeah my oldest is almost 18.

6. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    hmmm.... My mom was furious when I gave away most of our dress-up clothes. I mean, we didn't fit into them anymore, and no one wanted to store them anymore. I gave them to the summer camp I worked at, and they get a lot more use there.

As for toys, I wasn't allowed to have Star Wars toys growing up (although they were always at the top of my Christmas list.) I had to try and make my own lightsabers, using flashlights and coloured paper.

7. DarthPapa

Jun 1, 2007

Wrapping paper tubes with different coloured tape was what I used. I also wasn't on Santa's good list when it came to Star Wars toys.

DarthPapa

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Way back in 1977, I won a limited edition lightsaber in a draw from zellers. I used it untill it fell apart. I sure wish now that I took care of it and kept it.

9. Darth_Sniklefritz

Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2006
    I would hate it if my mom sold any of my things with out me knowing.
    Thankfully she hasn't yet but may be because I'm there and would see if she did.

10. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i've basically kept everything in my room so that nothing is going to be at much risk of being destroyed by my sisters.

11. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    Hey nice signature DaleSabers.

12. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    thanks i'm just waiting for my other signature to get finished. I'll put it up when i get it.

13. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I hate it when it takes 6 hours to drive to Trenton and 4 hour to drive back.

14. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    I hate it when this form wont let me post more the once a minute.

15. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    i hate it when i HAVE to take my sister to places that i don't want to go

16. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I hate not having enough money.

I think we found the compliant department.

17. Andre-Fett

Andre-Fett Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2006
    i hate when you go to buy something like a game called final fantasy 6 for game boy and you get this really really ya i mean really hot looking female
    same ages as you and it like hey and you get you master card out to buy the game then she like ooo sorry you have no money on you card then when you go there to get the
    game when you do have money thay do not sell the game any more and thats when you think of the 3 Fs then you go home to see ever night that you have al thye other
    final fantasy game make you want to get sooo made but then it makes you think it the one it got away

18. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    you know that would not happen if you paid your credit card.

19. DarthPapa

Jun 1, 2007
    D'OH! (echo echo ehco.....)

jjcanoe

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I hate that the new SW 30th figures came out to day and by the time I got to the store, they only had 4 left. Now I have to go all the way across town to check the other stores.

21. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    :cool: I've been told not to buy any more star wars toys, since I don't have space for them.

22. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I hate it when someone says that Cosco has lightsaber on sale. You ask them if they mean Sam's Club because you aready know that they have them, and they say no "Cosco my friend works there."

So when you go to Cosco and they don't have any and the staff say we have not had them in since last christmas.

Who do we call a liar the store or the person who doesn't know the differance from one big box store to another. Let's face facts If you don't know what store it is just say you don't know. Don't say you are positive on what store it is Because in my eye you are a liar and with those facts I will let everyone else know.

23. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i know who that one is directed at. I was told by my friend and I'm sorry that my friends info was ****. I'll give him **** for it.

24. darthsolvo

darthsolvo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2007
    sams club has them but there like one hundred bucks

25. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I hate it when you pick up an old dvd tv show like Family Ties and in the opening of the pilot they close with "a long time ago"... "in a galaxy far far away".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.