main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DOWNTOWN LIGHT PARADE - Saturday December 9th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    dialswiftjustice posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is going to be two miles long from start to finish with a aprty at armoroy park to follow until 9 (but we are not obligated to stay for that)

I had an idea for the float, we take th backdrops an dput them on it, death star on one side, and stars onthe other, set up blinking light on the starts (or through the back) so we have more lgith effects, and then back light the death star backdrops. We would have to set them up in a triangle type way fromt he back and front of the flatbed so the points face each other so the crowd on either side can see them. Then maybe put out banner strung in between them, and several posters of our work (which i can print up) fixed to the sides of the flatbed.

this sounds great, im in, but i missed the part where we actually got the flatbed trailer???
    i will b glad to fill any positions needed, costumed or not, also i could tentively include both my kids with me as well, so we're all in lol

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Just a few details to give a scale to this, last year there were 75 entrants. Everything from a corvette club that drove it with 15 cars, to the humnane society who walked about 30 dogs.

3. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Oh, and FYI Bylar, all you have to do is hit "Quote Reply" under any post and it will show up like ^ this ^

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Just cause you're emporer Mike doesnt mean you get to NIT-PICK everyone!

I havnt secured the trailer yet pending a vote on whether we want to do the parade at all.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

I take it you will inform us at the meeting what all the costs will be, for trailer, fees, etc...

It might make more sense to walk it our first year...

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Just a thought, is this something a "local" lightsaber manufacture might want to help fund to get their products noticed in Tucson?

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I asked, and we wouldnt be able to enter the non profit category

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    O, IC. Just a thought anyway.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    But I am going to extend the invitation to Ultrasabers because this would be the event for Jedi to shine! They want light, and creative use of it, and Ill bet we would be the only ones with sabers!

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It sure would look impressive.

11. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006

any chance they could bring some "loaners" with them for "advertiseing" purposes, like a double sunriders???(hint, hint, nudge, nudge, know what i mean, know what i mean) lol

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    He shoots, he scores!

All right, by NEAR-UNAMINOUS vote, the group has APPROVED this event. We will walk this year, depending on how it goes, maybe next year a float.

Providing the GROUP approves it next year, of course.

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is some footage from previous years

http://accesstucson.org/news/2006/11/downtown_parade_of_lights/?detectqt=false&

14. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Cool! I'll be there. I can see if the Ultra boys wil be able to make it, but with the buisy schedule there is no promises. Heck, I may throw together a LIGHT SIDE jedi for this event... :eek: [face_beatup]

15. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Where should I meet everybody at?

16. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok hopefully should have this and several other questions answered soon. Here is what I am going to ask, does anyone have anything else?

Where do we park?

What time are we needed in costume and in position?

Are we required to stay for the after party?

17. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006

Light Side Jedi???? What the blazes is the galaxy coming to???[face_devil]

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

19. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006

yes, come to the Light lol, the Light Side has gained a great victory on this day!!!!

May The Force Be Wtih You and With Us All

20. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    ............................................................................................................

I was JOKING! I am 501st and everyone knows I am darkside to the bone!!! :mad:

YAY DARKSIDE!!!!

[image=http://paizo.com/image/product/catalog/PSS/PSS734250XL_500.jpeg]

21. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    LOL...I know..Easy tiger...:)

22. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Alrighty, I guess a role call for this event would be in order. I want to get a round about number so that I can talk the Ultra boys into coming.

Im in! D.Nihilus carrying 1 red and white striped saber and 1 green and white striped saber.

23. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm In. And please explain "striped". And please send me my lightsaber :D

24. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm in. Probably wearing my Dark Jedi outfit. It looks I'll be the only SV FFer marching, unless Morgan finds a costume.

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Tell Morgan thats no excuse!! We have extra t-shirts, and lightsabers!! This is a light parade and we need as much as we can get!