main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Dr. Who/Torchwood] The 21st Century changes it all, but the TARDIS can bring us back to fix it!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mavjade , Jul 27, 2008.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Torchwood Miracle Day was awesome! I can't wait for the next episode next Friday! I can see faithful Torchwood fans being a little dissapointed in it because it's not the same type of series as it used to be. It used to be a sexy, X-files type of series. This series does have it's slight supernatural background, but no where near as they used to.

Personally, I like the change. It's kind of like Hawaii Five-O (The new series). The series, however, no longer has that Doctor Who feeling to it, but I have no complaints about it. It's about time Torchwood stood up and found its own identity, and I think so far, this series has done just that.

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I completely loved Miracle Day too! :D You're right that it was different from the old Torchwood, but I kinda think the show needed to evolved. And I do think this new version is keeping to the spirit of the old show pretty failthfully. I'm defintiely looking forward to more, this is definitely a good thing to help Doctor Who withdrawal!

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I miss the old Torchwood. Don't get me wrong, I really like the new series and the last episode was great, but it's just not the same. the first two series were great and had a lot of variety and character development, and that's just not there. I was kinda hoping that Miracle Day would be a two part episode in which a new Torchwood team was put together and then the series continued with high jinx and shenanigans in Cardiff (or where ever). I'm not disappointed, but eh, it's not what I was hoping for.

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    HOLY CRUD!!!!

What an ending to Torchwood Miracle Day! Rex is now immortal just like Jack! That's going to change his life forever!
    I hope they do another season! They can't just leave it like this! This series was awesome!

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    All right, how would you write a 50th anniversary fic? Who would you bring back? How would you bring them back?

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm surprised how many people actually like Miracle Day. In my opinion it was boring (nothing really happened until episode 5), convoluted, and had too many annoying and unlikeable characters. Waste of time.

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I actually did like Miracle Day. The Supernatural stuff didn't start till late, but I thought it was really good. I wish they would pick up a new season.

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Like "The Ten Doctors" comic, plus Eleven. :D

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    David Yates, director of Harry Potter, wants to make a big screen adaption of Doctor Who. Apparantly a rumor was started, and a reported asked Daniel Radcliffe would be interested in playing the doctor. While, he may have the face to play the doctor, I think if they got through all the hurdles and made a big screen movie, then I think Daniel Radcliffe is a little too young for my taste. A young twenty-something Doctor? I'm not to up with that idea.

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    So, they are about to release a comic mini crossover series which will have the Doctor, Amy, and Roary on board the Star Ship Enterprise and the crew of the Next Generation. The main villains of this comic series will have The Borg in a alliance with the Cybermen. I think that sounds awesome!

11. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    The Doctor's Daughter!!!!!! I would love to see more of Jenny on the show!

And I would love it if Eccleston came back... I've heard rumors that Moffet is talking to all the living old doctors about the possibility of them returning for the 50th and it would be awesome if Eccleston returned...

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Here's mine.

1. All eleven Doctors. Recast Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee and throw tons of money at the others if necessary. Stick Tom Baker in a wig and let him go nuts!

2. Bring back as many companions as possible, including but not limited to; Ian and Barbara, Susan Foreman, Jamie McCrinnon, Zoe Heriot, Jo Grant, Leela of the Sevateem, Romana, K9, Nyssa of Traken, Ace and Wilf. Sarah Jane Smith and the Brigadier must have... something. :(

3. Their opponents? The Master, Davros and his Daleks, the Weeping Angels, the Meddling Monk, Omega, Rassilon, Sutekh and others.

4. The Time Lords and Gallifrey come back, and UNIT. UNIT kicks copious amounts of butt.

5. Some one-shot characters like Orcini(SP) from 'Revelations of the Daleks'. He's got a gun that can vaporize Daleks! He also beats up the Sixth Doctor, which is ten kinds of awesome. :cool:

EDIT: That's all I've got for now.

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Great start to the 5 part season of Doctor Who!

14. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Are we reviving this? Or are we sticking to the "Spoiler" thread? :confused:

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If it's a fairly fanfic-centered discussion, it can stay. Otherwise, take it to Community ;)

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    They had Torchwood at Walmart. Finally, I got to see more than YouTube clips. Hee.

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Doctor Who:
    Who was your first Doctor? (As in, which Doctor was the first one you watched?) Jon Pertwee, but I'm not sure how many serials I got in before Tom Baker took over.
    Who is your favorite Doctor? Matt Smith
    Who is your least favorite Doctor? Sylvester McCoy, easily
    Who is your favorite villain? Daleks
    Do you write Doctor Who? Nope. Probably have in the past, but SW quickly overwhelmed other genres.
    What are your favorite type of Doctor Who stories to read? Types? I have no idea.

Torchwood:
    Who is your favorite TW character? Toshiko Sato
    Who is your least favorite? n/a
    Who has been your favorite villain? The Vam. Sentient extra-terrestrial oil slick that absorbs organics and grows, like the Blob, and another SF short story oil slick of my youth. It was in the novel, Risk Assessment by James Goss.
    Do you write Torchwood? Nooo, but I write Toshiko into crossover fic and edit vids with her.
    What are your favorite types of Torchwood stories to read? If Toshiko is in it, all the better, but otherwise, no preference.

Both:
    Which did you watch first, Doctor Who or Torchwood? Doctor Who
    Which do you prefer to watch? Unknown.
    For which show do you more typically get the most plot bunnies? n/a
    Which do you typically read? Both

18. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't even remember making that last post :p

Doctor Who:
    Who was your first Doctor? (As in, which Doctor was the first one you watched?) Eighth Doctor (arguably the Fourth at my grandparents, but I don't remember that).
    Who is your favorite Doctor? All of them? I guess either Eleven, Six, Four, or Twelve.
    Who is your least favorite Doctor? First (he was the bad kind of immature at first, I still like him though :p )
    Who is your favorite villain? The Master or the Valeyard.
    Do you write Doctor Who? YES.
    What are your favorite type of Doctor Who stories to read? The ones that are true adventures. I don't like too much fluff or anything. The show develops them well

Torchwood:
    Who is your favorite TW character? Hmm...Captain Jack. I guess.
    Who is your least favorite? Nobody...?
    Who has been your favorite villain? N/A
    Do you write Torchwood? No.
    What are your favorite types of Torchwood stories to read? I don't really read Torchwood.

Both:
    Which did you watch first, Doctor Who or Torchwood? Doctor Who
    Which do you prefer to watch? Doctor Who
    For which show do you more typically get the most plot bunnies? Doctor Who
    Which do you typically read? Doctor Who

Basically, I like Doctor Who more. :p

And is anyone currently in the middle of writing anything Whovian? I don't see too many stories out there - but I do really enjoy almost anything Doctor Who. I have seen some drabbles around, but not much else.

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It's nice to see this thread bumped! I believe Sith-I-5 has written a couple lately; otherwise, the ones I know of are a bit older.

You should start the trend by writing some yourself, Admiral Volshe!

20. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I did a Dr Who drabble the other day.

Admiral Volshe - if you want, I can link you to my last Who-related piece.