main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Dragon Warriors: Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: sorry about not posting for so long. been a bad past few weeks for me.

Fiona "Flex" O'Hara/ New York City/ USA
    Roads, New York

All there was for Fiona at that moment was the road. That and the apparently thousands of other cars all trying to cram into the same space she was occupying. Driving in New York was always a patience testing experience, but living there one got used to it one way or another be it in a cab or one's own car. Unless you decided to take the subway. Having had more than her fill of experiences down there Fiona had decided to avoid that dark and loathsome place so long as it was feasible for the rest of her life.

Despite her concentration on where she was going and who she was avoiding running into Hong Kong kept flitting around in the back of her mind. It was literally on the opposite side of the world from there. Night there when it was day here, but at least they had the same seasons. What really concerned her though, was not being able to really talk to people herself. That was something that White Lotus would have to help with it most likely, or finding another translator which would only be a nuisance. Or... Well, she'd never tried to learn a language but there didn't seem any reason for her to not be able to remember words in another language as easily as it was to remember whole books. It looked like she knew what she would be doing on the plane flight, and before.

After a particularly arduous drive Fiona finally pulled the car into her parking spot in the garage across the street from her apartment building. It was only then that she realized the rest of the trip had been made in complete silence. Normally there would have been at least music going. Shaking her head she slowly Fiona remained sitting in the parked car for a long moment. What am I doing? That really seemed to be the question of the hour. Throwing her life away from some perspectives. Branching out. Finding herself. Possibly making the biggest mistake of her admittedly short life. I'm sure there's other things I'm missing.

Her voice emerged softly as she stared straight ahead into the concrete wall. "I'm not making a mistake am I?" Shaking her head, Fiona didn't wait for a response and got out of her car with a sigh. She was twenty steps away before realizing she'd forgotten both her bag and her purse. Turning around she noted that White Lotus had grabbed both, which only made the red head blush. "Thank you," came out as something of a mumble. Taking the respective bags, and putting their straps over her shoulders Fiona made her way down and out of the building.

Now came the fun part, working their way across the street. In some ways it was reminiscent of China, or some Chinese cities, in sheer volume, but it was considered jaywalking to cross in the middle of the street. At that particular moment Fiona really didn't care, and since all of the traffic was stopped due to the series of red lights farther down the street she headed across, silently thankful that there were no police officers present.

Walking briskly to the door of the apartment building, Fiona reached into her purse and fumbled around yet again trying to find her entry card. What made this more complex was that it had somehow fallen out of the place she normally kept it which resulted in her digging through random assortments of stuff never entirely sure if it was actually still in the bag or not. After nearly two minutes she finally managed to find it, just as someone at the front desk noticed and came to let her in.

"Keycard fall out Ms. O'Hara?" The woman who had come over was probably a few years older than Fiona, and had a pleasant face to go with her equally pleasant voice. Blond Hair and Dimples was Fiona's private name for her.

Brandishing the card pointlessly at the reader Fiona nodded. "Yea... Thank you Nicole." Putting the card back where it actually was SUPPOSED to go, she headed inside, trailed by White Lotus.

"You're welcome Ms. O'Hara," Dimples said cheerfully. "How did the tourna

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Grey - I know we agreed to try do a combine, but we seem to be missing each other online so I guess we can just continue on normally until then... :D

IC: Teresa Starkos
    Home, London, UK

Teresa took a deep breath. "Hi, Daddy."

She hadn't spoken to her father in ... months, at least. Possibly even a year. They exchanged cards on birthdays and Christmas, but that was about all; their relationship, while cordial, was not close in any sense of the world. They hadn't spoken very much ever since she left for medical school (with his consent, though not his approval), and even less once she started working. She saw her uncle more than she saw her father, thanks to weekly sessions at the dojo.

She fingered the jade carving, absently spinning it between her fingers.

It just figured that it took something like this to get her to talk to her father.

"Everything's just fine," she assured him. "I just came across something today, and I was wondering ..." She raised the carving to eye level, squinting at it. "It's a little jade carving, of a dragon floating among clouds, and I remember seeing that design on a scroll in your study once. Do you - I mean, it's unusual, isn't it? Where does it come from?"

TAG: Grey

3. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy, Hong Kong

What a wonderful day this was turning out to be, there was no doubt in Hikari?s mind that the World Martial Arts Tournament would soon be a reality. Everything that has transpired since they arrived has basically been a solid path to their final destination; all they had to do now was enjoy the ride.

What a change this was from the feelings of uncertainty he had on the flight over. Now he was gazing in awe at the almost exhaustive collection of gear and weapons found in the training area of the Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy .
    At a glance it looked like all the students were content to be here, no frustrated faces could be seen in their number, a good sign. Hikari was hoping to see some secret Saikyo Karate forms, but it was highly doubtful that such a session would be taking place here in the open.

He was quite happy to be here, on this quest, in this building, surrounded by these people, it felt good, and it felt right. He was even happy at the fact that a flash of annoyance ran through him as he noticed some of the students staring at May-Ling, Master Lu Chan?s former student. He reasoned that it wasn?t some atavistic sense of possession, the ?I saw her first? reaction that would usually play out in his social circles, but he was genuinely interested in gaining her respect, a fellow Dragon Warrior was an ally to pursue seriously.
    He did, involuntarily, manage to notice how toned she was in the elevator by strategically standing to the side and back of the elevator car. He made sure to stand where he could use Master Lu Chan as cover. But the elevator ride had seemed a bit long, Dean managed to catch him glancing over and he had to stop, not wanting Master Lu Chan or Grand Sensei Hibiki to think he was being disrespectful. He would probably blush with tremendous embarrassment if May-Ling caught him.

Now in the training area, Hikari was glad to see that he could probably get some practice with Dean at some point before their time here was over.

"So, Master Lu Chan. Where would you like to begin?" asked Grand Master Hibiki.

"Hmmm....."

May-Ling's former master paused in thought as he stroked his chin, then turned to her.

"Well, May-Ling. Why don't you choose what we should do next?" he asked her, with an unmistakable glint in his eyes.

Suddenly Hikari was feeling excited and anxious, what would May-Ling choose to do? It was the way that Master Lu Chan posed the question that it made seem almost like it was a coded communication. Hikari was trying hard not to anticipate anything at this point; it was the best way to just flow into the next moment.
    As he studies the faces of the students staring at May-Ling, Hikari glances over at May-Ling Parker, trying to glean from her eyes what answer she might give, and in so doing perhaps learn a bit more about this potential friend and ally.

"Well Master, it was such a long flight in such a cramped space, I would be very happy just to simply stretch out a bit, and ..." May-Ling had her own glint in her eyes, " ... Try out the room." She then looked over towards the Grand Master. "With your permission, of course." she added with a grand smile.

Hikari said a silent prayer that he would never have to face May-Ling as an opponent, even without witnessing her fighting prowess, he felt that she already possessed the necessary weapons to defeat him.

Tag: Greyjedi, Ktala

4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Fullo Ocean
    -Greensboro, North Carolina

Fullo held the hoodie in view for a second, then pulled it over and hung the towel over his head. "Definitely, we have a deal. Here's my phone number. Have to get a new cellphone thanks to Giganto." He wrote his number down on an old receipt, gave it to Hayate, and drove off. On the way back to the store, he saw the graveyard.

When he arrived back at the store, he prepared himself for a good lashin' first, and then maybe he could tell that he had gotten a huge catering gig. He got out of the car and walked in. How would he explain the change of clothes? He shook his head and grinned. He had just gotten into a fight with a small asian girl and her Megatron-sized boyfriend, who crushed his cellphone in the process.

Yeah, that would do it.

Tag: Grey

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong

There was no doubt that Victoria Harbour was an extraordinary place, with all its lights and modern skyscrapers. Tourism was a powerful industry in Hong Kong, and despite the natural language barrier, there was always someone who could speak your native tongue.

Ambrose' first stop was an information booth, where he got quite a bit of information. Sometimes things you couldn't find at the booth also served as 'information'. For all the pamphlettes and brochures, there was absolutely nothing in those things that pointed Ambrose in the right direction. So intent was he on finding a clue, that he hadn't even checked his belongings into a Hotel, or at least a hostel; neither had he eaten or exchanged his currency, though most places did accept international credit cards and some even the euro.

Another bit of information that came his way, was the fact that he couldn't just simply go to the mainland from the island. After all, Hong Kong was its own sovereign entity now. Thoughts of searching for a local monastery or dojo that bore a familiar symbol came more frequently to him now, even as dusk was fast approaching now.

Still focused on the task at hand, several hours had passed with unexpected rapidity. Notably, there weren't a great deal of 'practicing' monasteries in Hong Kong. Most of the ones listed on the brochures were tourist spots were mementos and all sorts of memorabilia could be purchased. Nothing came close to what Ambrose was actually looking for, despite their points of interest. The same could be said for the few dojo's he visited, though there were quite a large number of those, as opposed to the monasteries.

It seemed everyone with a black belt automatically opened a school.

Fatigue was beginning to set in, but despite this, Ambrose continued on, if just for another hour. Finding lodging and a meal were soon to become a priority to the weary traveler. His travels had carried him further away from the tourists spots, and that's when out of the corner of his eyes, Ambrose saw a familiar shape.

It was a wooden and weathered placard posted on the side of the entrance of what looked like a side-street bookstore. There was no way Ambrose could read what was posted on the signage above the door, but the wooden placard... now that definitely resembled the shape of a dragon in the clouds. There was no mistake. Perhaps this long trip was not in vain after all.

At this distance, Ambrose could hear the faint sound of two voices. They both spoke English. One with a distinct British-Asian accent and the other was unmistakably American.

The compelling sense of familiarity was strong and it compelled Ambrose, but whatever decision was to be made concerning the little side-street discovery, it was entirely his to make.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

The contest of martial skill between Raven and Master Wei had become nothing less than riveting. Raven's Father, the certified master and sensei of the Topeni Dojo, watched in silence and abject admiration of his daughter as she underwent testing for the World Martial Arts Tournament. Her brother and his new girlfriend, who was the current dojo receptionist, also watch in silence, eyes wide with amazement, and all three holding their breaths in expectation.

Master Wei, who had been on the defensive due to a flurry of kicks by Raven, managed to switch things around and was now on the offensive. Master Wei chambered his leading arm for a split second and rotated his palm, then attacked. He came in with a deep stance and a side thrusting Buddah's palm to Raven's midsection. Raven reacted quickly for she knew that if she didn't, the martial arts master would send her wheeling to the floor.

As Master Wei expected, Raven continued to showcase her formidable understanding of martial arts as she was able to get in a good defensive stance

6. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Fullo Ocean

Fullo was about to cry. He had not been yelled at this hard, this loud, and this long in a long time. And now it seemed as if he might lose his job. Hopefully, the catering gig would save his behind.

"Well...See, I got this huge catering job for the restaurant. These two Asian people are going to order alot of pizzas and sodas and subs and chips. I think that should bring in enough to cover the half hour I was gone. That could be about $200-$300 right there. Also, I got beat up."

If he examined the lie he had just told, it wasn't technically a lie. He had gotten beat up. He raised the hoodie to show the bruises around his stomach from the samoan. "He was samoan. He stepped on my phone."

Maybe that would save him...

Nope, he was about to be fired.

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Fiona's Apartment

Fiona blinked once. Well, that was something of a gaff on her part, but how was she supposed to know that nicknames were insulting? Sure, she knew a few people from that part of the world, had even been there a time or two, but with what had been going on it didn't tend to lend itself to learning the local customs. Speaking of local, she still had no clue which part of Asia White Lotus hailed from, which meant she didn't know if that was Asia as a whole or just one tiny portion of it. Likely the whole, but stranger things happened on a daily basis. At least the woman hadn't been insulted, as the little smile that was on her face said. Doing that would have been a bad thing. "I have a couple things to do first, and apparently one more than I thought." A glance at her friend told what that was.

Nicole rather quickly brought the conversation back around to what she wanted to know. "Tournament. You. Losing. How?" Exasperation at being put off was rather obviously beginning to wear on the young blonde.

Pushing the leaning young woman away, Fiona started talking. "Alright already. You and patience never really did go together." Sighing softly, her voice took on a slightly melancholy tone. "It wasn't that I lost. I wouldn't have lost unless I was hurt. You know it. Everyone else knows it." Looking down at the ground, "I didn't show up. For the final I mean. No one was even close through the prelims, or semis. Just before the final i get a letter to meet someone on the roof if I want a challenge. Curiosity won out and that's where White Lotus was waiting for me." She looked at the other woman. "Challenge doesn't even begin to cover it. But I didn't lose. I.. I quit." It was a lame ending, Fiona knew it but that was about all she had right that second. For some reason the confidence she normally had was gone. Maybe it had to do with not finishing something for the first time in her life. Maybe it had to do with feeling like she had failed... however many people had been cheering for her, her family, her coach, her family and herself. Maybe it was not knowing what was going to happen in the future. Maybe it was all of the above.

Nicole just stared at her. One of the biggest reasons she respected Fiona was that she never quit. Ever. that she would push herself to her limits, and then past to be the best she could. It was part of what made her a good role model for others, part of why people felt she deserved to be looked up to and she had just... quit.

A little desperate not to lose her friends respect completely Fiona started talking again. "It had to come to an end sooner or later Nicole. I'm getting too old to keep competing with girls almost half my age. Experience can only take you so far in this. I've been afraid of a crash for a year now, and... I don't want to go out like that. Being the best in the world, and being remembered as such, is the legacy I want to leave. Please understand that." She took Nicole's hand, practically pleading with her.

Dimples face had a frown on it, but she didn't look completely upset anymore. "I'm just glad you're not hurt. And I kinda understand. Pretty much no one over twenty-one's ever come close to winning. When it's time it's time I guess." Nicole leaned over and gave Fiona a friendly hug. "You're my friend first, and what's best for you is more important. Now buck up you," the chipper tone returning to the blonde's voice.

Fiona accepted the hug gratefully. "Thanks." Why she'd doubted Nicole she had no clue, she'd proven herself a true friend on more than one occasion. Why would this be any different?

Nicole was far from finished however. "So why's she here anyway? No offense, it's just a bit strange for Fiona to have people up here." A hand had been waved in White Lotus general direction, who simply inclined her head to say that she had not been insulted.

Being unsure exactly how much to reveal, Fiona stood up and started walking behind the couch. It was a fairly short distance, and even th

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong

Out of all the weary and long paths that the roads of life have to offer his Mom might have said this best when it came to his deciding skills, "Always findin' the longest way to the nearest places' that one, you could set his dinner on the ot'er side of the table and he wo' find a reason to travel half the house before reachin' it."

Of course his Da' would put in how that "It was the pleasure the boy be findin' when he arrives that makes the journey naught' but a savorin' linger before partaken of a joyful bounty."

How long and tired this road had made him was another matter entirely, as the day had slipped away, his hunger had come, fought off, and left leaving only a weary soul that was to determined in it's goal to understand the simple voice of reason that cried out 'find a room and begin again tomorrow before you drop'

Of course that voice was slowly making progress as he tired from the journey, but fruition was finally revealed in what the voice that some might call sanity decried as a heaven sent in his final hour before the drop. Adjusting his travel pack he headed to that blessed sign of a wooden dragon in the clouds, twice blessed by the sounds of English being spoken. Something that would make the next bit a might easier.

So heading in to that small entrance of what looked like a side-street bookstore he paused a moment to compose himself, dampen his Ki, and listen in before turning into the shop. After all an gram of knowledge before meeting another often set one better upon the road of introductions.

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

Master Wei, who had been on the defensive due to a flurry of kicks by Raven, managed to switch things around and was now on the offensive. Master Wei chambered his leading arm for a split second and rotated his palm, then attacked. He came in with a deep stance and a side thrusting Buddah's palm to Raven's midsection. Raven reacted quickly for she knew that if she didn't, the martial arts master would send her wheeling to the floor.

As Master Wei expected, Raven continued to showcase her formidable understanding of martial arts as she was able to get in a good defensive stance that allowed her to rotate her arm inward so that any blow that came in would be blocked and deflected away with her forearm, preventing a break from the strike, including a grab. While one arm was in motion for the block, the other was ready to attack the open mid section that should be available.

Though Raven was able to block the strike, she could feel the power behind it and it kept all her concentration just to keep the follow through. Master Wei was indeed a master in all sense of the word. Raven felt lucky just to be able to be able to keep on par with him for his speed and strength was tremendous.

Raven was now in a position to strike if she acted quickly, but Master Wei used the momentum of her deflection to spin away from her. The Martial Arts Master's quick footwork moved him outside of her attack range, where he bowed to her with deep respect.

"Raven Topani..." He called out.

Hearing her name called out surprised her for a second. She at first didn't understand what was going on.

Master Wei righted himself after the deferential bow and waited for several moments, giving her a chance to catch her breath. Master Wei's hands were in prayer position and held before him. He smiled slightly, as he needed her to understand that the test of skill was concluded.

"You have been tested and I am satisfied with the results. You have been found worthy, I, Master Wei declare it." He said.

Several meters from them, Raven's father inhaled sharply.

Master Wei reached into his inner pocket as he continued to speak.

"It is my honor to ask you to join the World Martial Arts Tournament."

With a smooth motion, Master Wei produced a small wooden box that fit neatly into the palm of his hand, which he held in his left hand , then slowly opened the lid with his left.

Inside the box, a red velvet interior served as a bed for an ornately carved jade invitation. It appeared to be a framed dragon in the clouds. The invitation was no bigger or smaller than a bookmark, and at the top of it, a golden tassel was attached.

"Raven Topani, will you accept this humble invitation?"

She was still trying to catch her breath but felt as if all air was knocked out of her. So shocked she was that she didn't immediately answer. Then with a few moments pause she finally let out the air that she been holding and bowed to the Martial Arts Master.

"Master Wei I am honored that you have seen me worthy. It is the deepest praise one can recieve and to honor your praise I shall accept the invitation."

Raising her head from the bow she held out her hand to accept the invitation.

TAG: GreyJedi

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Paker

"Well Master, it was such a long flight in such a cramped space, I would be very happy just to simply stretch out a bit, and ..." May-Ling said in response with her own glint in her eyes, " ... Try out the room." She then looked over towards the Grand Master. "With your permission, of course." she added with a grand smile.

"Why, Of course. Please, you are my guest..." The Grand Sensei said quite agreeably. May did her best to look serious, and not chuckle, when she saw the looks of some of the others around her. She was NOT going to display ANYTHING she didnt have to at the moment, and lord knows she didnt need any more admirers. She did nowever notice her old Master's move to the Grand Master. She looked innocent, as she she saw them move to talk to one another.

She began to walk to a bit of the wall far away from the other students, to stretch out. That plane ride had been rather crowded, and it was so noisy..talk about how to practice meditations no mater where you were. Too bad she could not have done any levitation. She chuckled to herself, thinking of that image, and the possible responses.

Suddenly, she heard the Grand Master proclaim, "I'll do better than that...Not only will I make such a place available to you, when you are ready to continue on your journey, I shall facilitate your passage."

"We are in your debt." Master Lu Chan said as he gave a deferential bow.

"Nonsense. It is my pleasure and my duty." Osamu countered, then looked to his other guest. "The same goes for you, Hikari."

May tried not to laugh, as Dean suddenly had a lost look on his face, The Grand Master found it comical. "Please excuse me as I go make the necessary arrangements." The Grand Sensei said with a nod, before turning to depart. "Should you need anything before I return, Sun-Young should be able to help you. I shan't be long, however."

Well, it sounded like good news at least. And they would finally have a better place to practice, something which sounded lovely to her. She was just finishing stretching her arms behind her, when the one called Dean walked over towards her.

"Oh, hey... "I'm Dean, that's my best friend Hikari..." Dean said with a smile. "So, uhm.... what kind of stretches are we doing?" he asked innocently.

May smiled as she stood up. "Hello Dean. Im May. She gave a small wave towards Hikari. "Hello." she told him, before looking back at Dean. She wiggled out of her shoes, her toes finally happy to be out of them. On Hawaii, sandals she liked better, but she wanted to make sure she didnt hurt her feet while traveling. Now, she was happy to wiggles her toes abit.

"Oh..nothing too difficult." she said with a slight grin, as she made her way over to the mat, giving a quick bow, before she stepped on the squish surface. "After all, that plane ride was quite long, and I havent had a chance to warm up much..."

With that said, she let loose a few snap kicks, bouncing slightly on the mat. She suddenly dropped down to a regular split, and then after a few movements, moved into a Chinese split.

"Just a few simple stretches.." she added as she bent forwards, to touch her head to the mat...and to hide a grin that she felt. With a soft chuckle, she rolled back into a sitting position, and then moved backwards, going into a handstand, before she lowered her legs back down, and gracefully stood back up, rolling her head in a slow circle.

"Ahhh..."

She gave a playful look towards her old Master.

Tag: Ameteth, Grey

11. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Home, London, UK

Teresa paused, the carving still and unmoving in her fingers. Now that was interesting.

"It was given to me," Teresa said slowly. "By a - a man at the mall, earlier today." A man was a relatively harmless way of putting it, she thought; of course he had also told her, very seriously, to go to Hong Kong, but repeating that just sounded like crazy talk.

Or was it? Everything that happened today seemed crazy, from Old Jackie picking a fight to her father's cautious interest. There came a point, surely, where things stopped being crazy - when there was simply so much crazy that things started making sense again, because everything was connected somehow.

If she wanted to dismiss it all as craziness, she could have done so before. She could have not opened the box; she could have not called her father. But she had, and in doing so set herself down this path, so she might as well do it properly.

She sighed inwardly and continued.

"It was Old Jackie - I'm not sure if you know of him - but he gave me a little wooden box, and inside was this dragon carving. It's about the size of a bookmark, with a golden tassel on top." She was spinning it between her fingers again - a nervous tic. She willed it to stop. "What is it, Daddy?"

12. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

This was all going so well so far, that Hikari was hard pressed to imagine how much better things would be once they reached the World Martial Arts Tournament grounds.
    ?Is this what is like to be under the auspices of the Dragon?? He wondered with reverent awe. Hikari was taking into consideration how seamless this trip into the ?unknown? was unfolding. Most notably, he was really enjoying the new Dragon Warrior in their midst, May-Ling Parker, former student of Master Lu Chan.
    In a matter of seconds May-Ling had gone from quiet beauty to clever charmer.
    The young lady had been put on the spot, or spot light, by not only her former Master but also by the on looking students in the dojo, and with utmost grace and poise, she had managed to show restraint, decorum, humility, tact, shrewdness and confidence. Hikari especially loved that there was no silly, girly giggle at the end of her delivery. She wasn?t trying to be cute, this he found impressive. No, May-Ling was not like the cloned ?Barbies? from back home, he felt excited; it was awesome that he couldn?t anticipate her.

Meanwhile Grand Sensei Hibiki and Master Lu Chan had been speaking in close proximity of each other, almost as if conspiring.
    Suddenly, Grand Sensei Osamu?s voice rang out in declaration "I'll do better than that..." said he, "Not only will I make such a place available to you, when you are ready to continue on your journey, I shall facilitate your passage."

"We are in your debt." Master Lu Chan said as he gave a deferential bow.

"Nonsense. It is my pleasure and my duty." Osamu countered, then looked to his other guest.

"The same goes for you, Hikari."

?Thank you Grand Master Hibiki?, Hikari said with a bow, accepting some unspecified boon or favor from Grand Master Hibiki, and judging by the general charge in the air, it was bound to be something terrific. Hikari marveled at the Grand Master?s generosity, surely anyone with this much to give has earned or received just as much and is devoid of greed. Recalling Master Lu Chan?s earlier words, Hikari understood that this was the effect of honest prosperity.

Shortly after Grand Sensei Hibiki?s departure to make preparations, Dean approaches May-Ling?
    "Oh, hey..." Dean said as he walked over to May.

"I'm Dean, that's my best friend Hikari..." Dean said with a smile.

May smiled as she stood up. "Hello Dean. I?m May.? She gave a small wave towards Hikari.

?Hello May, it?s a pleasure to meet you? Hikari said with a friendly smile, as he came closer he was pretty sure his heart rate would cooperate.

"Hello." she told him, before looking back at Dean.

"So, uhm.... what kind of stretches are we doing?" asked Dean innocently.

"Oh...nothing too difficult." she said with a slight grin, as she made her way over to the mat, giving a quick bow, before she stepped on the squishy surface. "After all, that plane ride was quite long, and I haven?t had a chance to warm up much..."

With that said, she let loose a few snap kicks, bouncing slightly on the mat.
    Hikari followed her every move like someone totally mesmerized and also with the sharp keenness of a talent scout, here he could start gauging some of May-Ling?s proficiency.
    He noticed May?s center of balance and stance as she delivered her rapid snap kicks, he counted 4, but he wasn?t quite sure, they had been lightning quick, and he tracked the kicks to the chest, throat, temple and solar plexus of her invisible target, but maybe he was imagining things.
    May suddenly dropped down to a regular split, and then after a few movements, moved into a Chinese split.

"Just a few simple stretches..." she added as she bent forwards, to touch her head to the mat.

The young Oda followed May-Ling?s graceful movements as she rolled back into a sitting position, and then moved backwards, going into a handstand, before she lowered her legs back down, and gracefully stood back up, rol

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Fullo Ocean
    Greensboro, North Carolina, Ray's Pizza

Harold (the manager, aka Fullo's boss ) was attempting to manage his runaway displeasure as he listened to his wayward employee.

"Well...See, I got this huge catering job for the restaurant. These two Asian people are going to order a lot of pizzas and sodas and subs and chips. I think that should bring in enough to cover the half hour I was gone. That could be about $200-$300 right there. Also, I got beat up."

Harold gave Fullo the 'Do-you-think-I-was-born-yesterday-I'm-not-an-idiot' Look. He shook his head and sighed deeply. His patience was all but exhausted at this point. Harold rubbed his face with one hand as the other pushed his shaggy hair back. After composing himself, he looked at Fullo with deliberate seriousness.

"Look, whatever. This is what we're gonna do, eh.? First of...."

The door to the office opened partially as Carol ( the assistant manager), stuck her head in.

"Don't you see that I'm BUSY!" Harold snapped.

Carol made an annoyed face, rolled her eyes, breathed out her annoyance and said her piece.

"I think you should come out here, two customers came in and are requesting a catering order. They mentioned Fullo by name."

Carol didn't even wait for Harold to answer and slammed the door as she went back out. Harold had a very disbelieving look on his face and looked at Fullo suspiciously without saying a word. A second later he got up and made for the door. "You stay here." He told Fullo sternly. "I need to see this for myself." Right at the door, Harold took a deep breath, put on his 'costumer service' face and headed out. In his eagerness to exit, the door did not fully close behind him.

Harold walked to the main counter and saw Carol speaking with two persons of asian descent. A young man and a young lady. The looked quite alike, and Harold saw that they were twins. They were both looking at the menu as they spoke with Carol. Harold smiled as he approached, nodded, said "Hello" and waved when they noticed him and simply listened in.

"....Well, we do want to have enough for everyone to choose from Hayate, so and equal amount of subs and pizza pies makes more sense, don' you think?"

"If you think that's better than having half-subs and half pizzas, I'm ok with that. You're better at the hosting end of things anyway, Mai."

Hayate regarded Harold for a brief moment, then continued with his inquiry as he spoke to Carol.

"So how much advanced notice do you need? As of now, I think 36 hours is more than enough, no?"

"Hi, I'm sorry to interrupt. My name is Harold and I'm the manager here. Maybe I can help you with some answers. Uhm, what's this all about?"

Hayate grew quiet and gave the man a look, but Mai was quick to interject with a disarming smile.

"We're hosting a CosPlay party tomorrow evening at our apartment complex, and I kinda waited too long to have it catered." Mai admitted with a sheepish blush. "We ordered pizza from here earlier and it was quite good. One of your delivery people, Fullo, he suggested that perhaps you could provide the catering. We're expecting an average of 200 people to come around 6 pm. That number will probably double by 9pm, seeing how we'll have a live DJ as well."

The incredulous look returned to Harold's face. Carol shook her head slightly, but smiled.

"I was thinking subs, pizzas and sodas for about 300 people or so.....BUT...." Mai looked around, noticing the number of ovens and staff present. ".... If such an order is too overwhelming for you..." Mai trailed off.

"Oh, No... It's not overwhelming at all...." Harold said suddenly, blinking and trying to sound reassuring. "I'll just have to see how about toppings and such, place an emergency order......work overnight..." He laughed nervously at that and mulled over the situation for a moment, before speaking again.

"Well, for such a large order, I require a deposit." Harold said , gaining back his composure. "How do you expect to pay? I doubt either of you is walki

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: i'm doing this post a smidgen different. i'm gonna do it first person, because of what i'm doing with it. this may pop up some later in the game, may not. will depend on the situation. although, grey made it slightly more difficult by posting already. but i do like what you did, so no worries my friend.;)

Fiona's Apartment

Warmth. Soothing, relaxing de-stressing warmth. Slowly the water winds it's way down my back, soothing away all of the aches and pains of the day. The repetitive beating from the shower head as it hits my body is almost like a massage, and drowsiness begins to set in.

Today has not been a particularly typical one by any means. I don't know what to do. I don't know where I'm going. In short my life has been turned on it's head.

Water continues running over me, my hands move over my body with a bar of soap, the slick sensation it causes as usual bringing a smile to my lips, the first one of the day. Slick and smooth has always been one of my favorite feelings. It's a lot of why I have satin sheets and sleep in the nude. There is nothing like that feeling as it runs across your body, even if you aren't actually conscious at the time. It's odd, but I always sleep better with satin sheets, and have much more... pleasant dreams.

Cheeks heating at the thought, my mind, thankfully, decides to go elsewhere. I just wish it had chosen a better topic.

My hands on auto-pilot, the potential consequences of what I have done begin to register more fully. Whatever legacy I had is now tarnished. I will be viewed as a quitter, regardless of what came before. It doesn't matter anymore, because all of what people remember is what you did wrong. There will be attacks, slander... Questions that I won't be able to answer. So maybe, from a consequences stand point just disappearing is the best thing that could happen. But then I won't see Nicole most likely, and I would miss her. More a sister than a friend...

A sigh escapes my lips and it is time to get out.... but I don't. My legs refuse to remove me from the glorious warmth, and my head bows under the stream of water, letting it run down over my face. There is just too much stress in life, and no real way to release it. Sure the water helps, but it isn't as though someone flipped a switch of stress-be-gone.

Minutes pass, but I'm unaware of them. All that exists is the heat of the water, the warmth and a completely blank mind.

Time... passes... on...

And the water grows cold.

With a start, I realize that my entire body is shivering. I shouldn't have stayed so long.

Turning the water off, and stepping out into a decidedly un-steamy room, the shivering causes my motions to be clumsy and awkward. It has been a long time since I have been either. Unnerving doesn't begin to cover it.

Flipping a switch on a wall, the exhaust fan comes to life bringing with it a different, but possibly more welcome warmth.

Slowly, the shivering subsides. My hand opens a cabinet and pulls out a hair dryer. Plugging it into the wall, the simple motions of grooming seem strange. It's almost as if some part of me realizes this could be the last time I will have many of these things I'm used to.

Hair now dry and body finally warm again, a towel is wrapped around me, not a normal thing, but given White Lotus in the other room probably a wise thing to do.

Moving quickly to my room, my hand shuts the door without much concious thought.

Clothes, clothes, clothes. There are some scattered about, a pair of panties here, a bra there. A couple shirts and a pair of jeans laid out on a chair completely forgotten about til now. One of my favorite shirts actually, a dark forest green one with a very stylized black dragon's head on it. It's incredibly soft. But first I need some underwear.

Reaching into one of the drawers of my dresser, a pair of silk panties is pulled out and on. Really this is my only concession to anything that would be considered upper class and more expensive. Jeans and t-shir

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, Side-street bookstore

"Well I don't reckon' if ye' can be sir though I be hopin' from yer sign. You be seein' that I seek very little, and am of the persuasion of a man about the world on a bit of a jaunt. Which is to be sayin' sir, if ya' could direct me a safe place to lay my head for the night and where I might find a bite it would satisfy the immediate dilema I be findin' myself in."

At this he ceased to be looking at the older man and instead cast his glances to the tea and the other person present. "I be a right shame. Pleasure to meet you both I should be sayin', I am Ambrose Charles Ambrose, on the lost journey to a place I don't right know where it be off to' and hopefull of a place to train along the hidden path."

He smiled pleasantly at both of them, giving a half bow at both of them. Something of a custom he might have picked up from a movie...one he now hoped was accurate for this region of the world as well.

TAG: Grey, Mandeillord

16. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

"Oh! I'll join..." Dean declared theatrically as he was about to join Hikari and duplicate May-Ling?s warm up routine.
    Hikari promptly recognized the ?accomplished? tone in Dean?s voice, which he knew indicated some secret mischief that probably went over his head. Of course this made Hikari shoot Dean with the look they playfully called ?the heat beam of hate?, letting Dean know that he?ll knuckle him later for whatever trick he had pulled. This was their way of keeping each other on their toes and in cheerful spirits. With a chuckle, they both proceeded to follow May?s stretching sequence.

After taking some deep centering breaths at the end of the routine, the elevator doors are heard opening, announcing Grand Sensei Hibiki?s return.

"I bring you all good news." Grand Master Osamu declared to his guests. The smile on his face was certainly telling.

"I've arranged for your passage onto the mainland, which you could take at any moment, and for your entry into the Reiken Arena , where you'll be able to practice at whichever level you desire."

"We thank you, Grand Sensei." said Master Lu Chan nodding his head in appreciation.

?Grand Sensei, you honor us greatly, your generosity is boundless?? came Hikari?s words of gratitude with a deep bow, his thoughts, as usual racing to grasp the full significance.
    ? The Reiken Arena ? As in ?Soulfist???? His thoughts were colored by the awe and excitement of a 9year old practitioner. It was an age when stories were wildly told and truth and fiction were indistinguishable, abundant were the tales of spectacular feats of chi-combat and equally spectacular disasters.
    His childhood curiosity had returned, and the questions about full contact chi-combat and the healers it might require and collateral damage?with some effort, he snaps out of his reverie.

"I will be heading to the arena shortly to teach a class. You're all welcomed to come along."

At the sound of this invitation, Hikari?s heart almost skips a beat, ?wow, so soon?? everything was starting to move quickly.
    ?It would be our pleasure to accompany you Grand Sensei Hibiki, we will make ready.?

After another bow, he turns to face Dean and by the conspiratorial look on his face, Dean?s interest and agreement was unmistakable to read.
    ?May-Ling, please consider going, Dean and I are going to check it out and since we are going to end up traveling together after all?what do you say?? He gives her a big smile and thinks of threatening to hold his breath, but somehow he knows that such juvenile ploys might not work with this young lady.

Even so in the back of his mind, Hikari decides that he will have to find out which Dragon is on the World Martial Arts Tournament invitation and if there is a shrine devoted to him. He had resolved to get more closely acquainted with this power that had so far brought him, quite palpably, nothing but good fortune.

Tag: Greyjedi, Ktala

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

As May-Ling finished up her stretches, she was rather surprised that both men were able to keep up with her, though the one called Dean was clearly having more trouble than Hikari. May flashed a smile at Hikari as they chuckled, and followed along.

After taking some deep centering breaths at the end of the routine, the elevator doors are heard opening, announcing Grand Sensei Hibiki?s return. Mayli stood up gracefully, on seeing his return, as she moved to stand next to Master Lu Chan.

"I bring you all good news." Grand Master Osamu declared, smiling. "I've arranged for your passage onto the mainland, which you could take at any moment, and for your entry into the Reiken Arena , where you'll be able to practice at whichever level you desire."

May-Ling flashed a grand smile then, as Master Chan replied, "We thank you, Grand Sensei." said Master Lu Chan nodding his head in appreciation. May bowed slightly. Obviously, he knew, since he added, 'at whichever level you desire...' That thought alone was enough to make her smile. It being on the mainland was even more intriguing.

"Grand Sensei, you honor us greatly, your generosity is boundless?" came Hikari?s words of gratitude with a deep bow. Interesting set of words. Was there a significance she was missing. Being raised overseas, she sometimes felt out of the loop of things.

"The Reiken Arena ? As in ?Soulfist???" May tilted her head slightly at that comment murmured softly. This Reiken area seemed a bit - famous. She wondered why. And why was it called Soulfist? Probably something local. She turned back to the Grand Sensei when he began to speak again.

"I will be heading to the arena shortly to teach a class. You're all welcomed to come along."

Hikari was the first to respond. "It would be our pleasure to accompany you Grand Sensei Hibiki, we will make ready." He then bowed again to the Grand Sensei, looked at his friend, and then spoke to her.

"May-Ling, please consider going, Dean and I are going to check it out and since we are going to end up traveling together after all?what do you say?"

May-Ling tilted her head slightly, as she looked over at Master Chan, and then back at Hikari and his friend Dean. "Why, of course. That is why we are here, after all." May-Ling declared gently as she gave slight shrug of her shoulders. "And I look forward to our .. journey together." She then flashed another quick smile, as she stepped back. She walked up to Master Chan.

"Is there something, about this Reiken Center?" she asked softly, just loud enough for Master Lu Chan to hear. "Will it be similar to where this Tournament will be like?" She sighed softly. "I wonder when we will run into Master Yuen?" she added, as she took a seat. Maybe it was the change in times and such, but Mayli decided she would sit, until it was time to go to the next place. So many wonderful thoughts and visions of the tournament filled her head. She was to fight other Martial Artists like herself? It sounded oh so thrilling.. and yet a bit scary. She looked over at Hikari and his friend Dean, and wondered what abilities THEY had. Most likely, she would soon be finding out.

Tag: Greyjedi, Ameteth

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

Raven was looking at Master Wei, but in the corner of her eye she could tell that her father was extremely excited. If it was up to him he would run at her to embrace and lift her up into the air, while swinging her around. In fact Raven knew that he would also want to lift Master Wei up in the air as well, giving him a massive bear hug. He could not contain the excitement that he felt.

Fortunately for Raven he kept his composure. The excitement was not only felt by her dad. Her brother was busy on his cell phone, probably telling her other brothers the news. His girlfriend seemed to be awestruck with the news as her hand was over her mouth and a tear running down her face.

Raven accepted the invitation to the Worlds Martial Arts Tournament. It was one of the most prestige events in all of martial arts. Raven would have been considered mad for not accepting.

"We are honored by your acceptance, Raven Topeni." responded the Martial Arts Master as he placed the engraved invitation on her hands.

"All that is left is for you to head to Hong Kong and from there, you must find a path to Wudang." Master Wei informed. "The Martial Arts Tournament invitation is all you require to make the journey there successfully. Use your keen intuition and the path will stand revealed."

Riddles. Why do so many masters talk in riddles as if you have to solve a mystery. It would be so much easier if they could just tell you in a more direct way like?.go here to X and then turn here to Y and then you are there. Simple as that.

Nope it had to be a riddle and she had to use her own intuition to actually find the place. This means the journey there maybe as challenging as the tournament. That?s what Raven?s intuition says.

Master Wei smiled as he bowed to raven, then turned to face Sensei Topeni, who in turned 'shooed' his son and girlfriend back into the dojo's reception area before making his way over to his honored daughter and Master Wei.

"Congratulations, Raven." He said with pride as he joined them, then graced his daughter with a deep bow. " Thank you, Master Wei." He added, also bowing deeply to the Master.

"It was an honor and a pleasure." Master Wei replied.

"And now, I must be off." Master Wei announced, his tone less formal and more familiar. "Thank you for your hospitality, Sensei. This is a fine school you have here."

"Thank you, Master. You are welcome to visit at any time."

"I'll keep that in mind." Master Wei said with a chuckle. "Oh, and Raven. The World Martial Arts Tournament will begin in a few weeks, so I suggest you begin your Journey soon."

Master Wei paused only briefly, before adding to his suggestion.

"And If you wish to bring a single guest, you may do so."

Master Wei's smile broadened as he did not need to look at Sensei Topeni's expression to know that his face had lit-up.

"I apologize that I cannot stay longer. However, I wish you both a good evening, and to you Raven, a safe trip."

More bows and pleasantries were exchanged before Master Wei finally made his exit, and then, it was just Raven and her father standing together in the middle of the dojo.

She finally exhaled the breath that she held from what seemed forever. She smiled at her father who in turn smiled back.

?So I guess this means by the look in your face that you want to join me. Of course if you don?t want to I can always ask some one else.?

She playfully turned away as if she was about to go and ask her brother to join instead. Raven knew better, there would be no one else, but her father that she would ask. He was her biggest supporter, though he could get on her nerves at times. That was her father and she was his joy. It would be a once in a lifetime experience that they could never replace.

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Home, London, UK

Teresa blinked. What had her father called Old Jackie?
    What was the World Martial Arts Tournament?
    What on earth was her father talking about?

She waited impatiently for her father to finish speaking, having known since childhood not to interrupt him. But her mind was whirling with questions. Her father seemed to be talking to someone else - or at least, he was talking to her as if he assumed she knew what he was talking about. And she didn't. She had thought Old Jackie was only a homeless drunk, not some invitation-giver to a tournament she had never even heard of it - and she had heard of most of the major ones, courtesy of her uncle.

Her mind snagged on the word Wuxia. She knew that word - from television, of all places. Her cousin was a fan of Chinese martial arts movies and had dragged her out to see them often enough. Movies set in a distant land, where the protagonists practised a strange and fantastical martial art called Wuxia ...

"I don't understand," Teresa said finally. "What- what you're saying is- this dragon is a tournament invitation? But Wuxia - I thought that was just in movies -"

But it had been based on legends, she remembered. What if the legends were real?
    You're going crazy, the sceptical part of her mind pointed out. Fiction isn't real.
    Shut up, she told it.
    Talking to yourself is a sign of insanity.

She shook it off and concentrated on the conversation. Your mother and I tried to protect you, her father had said. Protect her ... from what? This Wuxia thing?

Most the Starkoses were involved in martial arts in some fashion or another.

"Is there something you and Mom aren't telling me?" Teresa said slowly. "About - about our family? Us?"

TAG: The Tricksy One (grey) :p

20. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Fullo Ocean

Fullo sighed a sign of relief and shook his head, correcting himself, before his boss came back into the room. Who the hell were these people? Not only had they placed a nigh impossible order, but they had gave him a new phone. And not just any new phone, a freaking iPhone 3G. He had never even seen one of those before in person. Fullo grabbed the edges of his chair and stood up as his boss came back in.

He was at a lost for words. "Um, I...told you I wasn't lying." He was sweating. "Am I...um, uh, uh, off the hook?" That question was somewhat rhetorical because with the work that would need to be done in the next 24 hours, he didn't really have time to yell at Fullo. He reached for the phone and turned it in his hands. They had invited Fullo to come back to their place tonight and he surely would. He also needed to thank Carol because without her, he would probably be fired right now.

She was looking back at them and, with a slight smile, Fullo noticed that she was not bad looking, even in her work clothes.

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GM ANNOUNCEMENT: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU PLAYERS! It is because of your HIGH QUALITY CONTRIBUTIONS that we have won the SUMMER 2009 RPF AWARD for BEST NON STAR WARS RPG! I'll admit to being surprised, however I credit YOU for the win, and rightly so.

Also, let's congratulate both Ktala and Mitth_Fisto for earning the SUMMER 2009 BEST ROLE PLAYER AWARD!! It is certainly deserved!! w00t! [face_dancing]

Now let us continue our tradition of quality posting and abundant enjoyment, for the best is yet to come. ;)

your Gm,

grey
    [face_peace]

[b]OOG: Trimaj[/b], there's an NPC action here that is totally out of character as discussed, but will be allowed for the sake of the scene. Please refrain from posting for GM controlled NPCs for the time being. Thanks buddy. Game on.

[b]Fiona "Flex" O'Hara/ New York City/ USA[/b]
    [i]Fiona's Apartment[/i]

[color=blue]There was an audible click made by the telephone when White Lotus rested the receiver back on its cradle. The sound almost made her wince as she knew that it would definitely give her away. At this point she was incline to believe that the fates were playing a practical joke on her.

Moments ago, she had purposely veered away from the living room phone, and just as she smoothly brushed aside her robe so it would not hit the phone, that was exactly what happened. The hem of her robe hit the phone just so, that it tilted and then began to fall. White Lotus reacted with lightning reflexes and snatched the phone in mid air, soundlessly. She was in the process of hanging up when she heard [b]Fiona's[/b] interaction with her father.

Normally White Lotus would have hung up regardless of what she'd hear, but the sound of misery in Fiona's voice had caused her to hesitate and inevitably to listen in. It was only at the end of the conversation that she realized that she'd listened to the whole thing, and now she felt somewhat ashamed of her actions, something that hasn't occurred in many, many years, however, she understood Fiona situation somewhat better now.

After hanging up and unavoidably giving herself away, White Lotus stood for a moment and contemplated her next move. She could clearly hear Fiona crying from where she stood. That alone settled what she should do.

Inaudible footsteps took the High Priestess into Fiona's room where she gazed at the young girl as she cried away her pain. White Lotus gracefully reached over Fiona's form, picked up the fallen receiver and hung up the phone. The gymnast seemed not to notice her, which was expected, given the circumstances.

Several breaths later, White Lotus knelt besides Fiona and set herself at eye level. She stayed there for sometime, waiting. She could tell by looking at Fiona's aura the moment the young girl became aware of her presence. Only after she gleaned the desired shift, did she speak. When she spoke, she did so in low and comforting tones.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"[/color]

[b]Tag: Trimaj[/b]

[b]Ambrose Charles Ambrose[/b] (& Itzhak Peled)
    [i]Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, Side-street bookstore[/i]

[color=blue]After Listening carefully to [b]Ambrose[/b], the shop owner return the proffered bow with one of his own, even as he introduced himself.

"I am known as [b]Kwan Yi[/b]. Welcome traveller, this shop is also my home. If you wish, you can board here for the night, if that's what you're asking. We do have an extra room for exactly such occasions, and please, have a seat. Enjoy some tea."

The old man fetched another chair and silently thanked his adopted daughter for the extra cup on the tea set. He quickly arranged it so Ambrose too had a place to sit and partake of the tea they were having.

Old Kwan half glanced to see if his other 'guest' was merely silent, or had fallen asleep due to exhaustion. It was hard to tell. Perhaps he pretended to sleep. This made Kwan smile, but only briefly.

"So..." Kwan said as he made himself comfortable and raised a tea cup before his lips.

22. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Ooh, you didn't... [face_shame_on_you]

Home, London, UK

Teresa glared daggers at the tablecloth, disappointed and angry. All she needed to know?! That was not all she needed to know, or she wouldn't have asked.

Of course, what her father really meant was that he had told her all he wanted her to know. They had had this exchange before, time and time again ever since she was a child, and every time she'd had to knuckle under and accept that that was all she was going to get out of him. But she was no longer a child; she was twenty-six years old, and that simply wouldn't do.

"No... I think I'll keep it," Teresa said, keeping her voice even with effort. "Thanks, Dad. Say hello to Mum for me, will you?"

After the usual exchange of pleasantries, she hung up and sat back, turning over the little dragon once again. Jackie Cheung ... the World Martial Arts Tournament ... Wuxia. She had a sneaking suspicion her father hadn't meant to say even that much - that she had caught him off-guard, a fact which he subsequently regretted, and telling her to stay away was his way of taking back his words. But what did it all mean?

You are needed, Old Jackie had said as he handed her the box. You have a much greater purpose in the world, a much greater place and calling.

A greater purpose than her career? Her father seemed determined to think so ... so determined, he wouldn't tell her anything about it.

Not sure if you've been told.

Well then.

Teresa made another phone call, this time to her boss to request some time off to take care of a 'family matter'. He was surprised, but granted it with no questions asked - she did, after all, have enough leave saved up to take the rest of the summer off if she wanted. Then she logged on to the British Airways website and booked herself on the next available flight to Hong Kong.

If her father wouldn't tell her, she'd simply have to go and find out for herself.

:D

23. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

Raven watched as the incredulous face of her father looked at her in shock. "What?? wait... wha...?" Sensei Topeni looked confused as he rushed over to his daughter, totally not understanding how she could reach such a conclusion. How could she not know that he'd want to go with her....unless....unless.....

Raven?s face formed a wide smirk as she looked at her father, who seem to finally get that she was only joking.

"Ofefine, are you trying to kill your father with a heart attack!" Sensei Topeni raised his hands in mock outrage as he realized his daughter was only joking. He then laughed out loud, but was internally relieved that his daughter was not serious.

She gave him a big hug, then finally pulling back. ?Dad you know there is no one I rather take than you. There should be no doubt in your mind about that.? She confessed.

"Hmm. Hong Kong. That's not going to be cheap." The Elder Topeni mused aloud. "But I'm sure we could manage it." he added quickly before growing pensive again.

She nodded in agreement. ?Yeah, but I saved enough money from dancing in some music videos. The Michael Jackson video really paid off big time. So I think we?re ok for now.?

Raven?s father seemed preoccupied on several things on his mind like the day to day operations of the dojo. She felt one ofher brothers could take care of this and most likely her father would agree. It was probably the best thing to do since they don?t know how long they will be gone.

What surprised Raven was not that her father wasn?t sure who to put in charge of the dojo, but something far more incredulous.

"Hmm.... what shall I wear to the Tournament....oh what indeed.....?"

The Sensei's eyes grew wide as he realized he'd actually said that out loud.

Raven just rolled her eyes at him. ?I love you dad, but you?re such a goober at times.? she chuckled.

Come to think of it she needed to figure out what she would wear too. Of course she wasn't going to tell her dad that was what she was thinking.

24. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

Reiken Arena, Hong Kong

The Wheels of Destiny were spinning a bit faster now and Hikari Oda felt that he was ready, mind, body and soul for whatever lessons or revelations that were sure to come their way as this great journey continued.

May-Ling Parker had agreed to come to the Reiken Arena and was now speaking with her former teacher, Master Lu Chan. It suddenly occurred to Hikari that both May-Ling and Master Lu Chan didn?t once mention who May?s new Master would be; perhaps it was a matter of some privacy. The young Oda had the presence of mind to know the difference between curiosity and over familiarity, and relegated that mystery as one that would reveal itself at the proper time.
    Meanwhile, Dean had busied himself with some exercise and Hikari was about to prepare his mind for some meditation when he heard Grand Sensei Hibiki make his announcement; "Alright, its time we headed to the arena. Please follow me."

They all silently followed the Grand Sensei to the elevator and onto an underground garage area where many vehicles could be seen.

"Are these all yours?" Master Lu Chan asked, not bothering to disguise a look of disapproval. This seemed to delight the Grand master who laughed richly.

"Oh, no...not at all. We enjoy a varied membership, but only that one is mine." He said pointing to the gun metal grey Audi SUV. "It suits all purposes." he added with a grin. This seemed to be satisfactory to Master Lu Chan, who smiled and let out a sigh. Osamu laughed again, not able to contain himself.

Hikari listened closely to this exchange with great appreciation for the intended lesson in humility. His own parents had taught him to be thankful for any abundance that they might enjoy but to also keep a mindset of humility and conservation. Having grown up with a silver spoon, his parents went through great lengths to show him and sometimes help him experience what it was like to do without.
    Hikari couldn?t help the smile that formed as he listened and the feeling that he was in the company of kindred spirits.

The ride to the Reiken Arena was quite comfortable and enjoyable. Grand Sensei Osamu pointed out several historic locations as well as tourist attractions. The trip was fascinating with all there was to see, they passed several shops, a bookstore and a fortuneteller, these last two places getting special attention in Hikari?s mind as the words ?Old Knowledge? came subconsciously mind. Shortly thereafter, they came to what looked like an abandoned temple at the end of a street. It was evening now and the only illumination came from street lamps. The Grand master stopped the vehicle in front of the unusual structure. The facade of the place was not unlike that of a traditional temple and it was quite beautiful in its antiquity. Hikari was taking in all that he could in the near penumbral darkness and was waiting for the Grand Sensei to share some historical details about the temple?

"We're here." announced Grand Master Osamu as he unlocked the doors.

Those words alone gave the place even more importance now and Hikari?s senses came alive as he scanned the darkness for stealth sentries and any signs of ninja like activity. He glanced over at both Dean and May-Ling and gave them a big smile, sharing his excitement as quietly as possible.

By the time they reached the ultra modern reception area, Hikari was so mesmerized that he blushed furiously as he bowed to the two receptionists that greeted them. He was sure that his mouth had fallen open with wonderment the entire time; hopefully Dean and May-Ling were equally mesmerized and didn?t notice.
    The realization that he was actually that he was actually within the Reiken arena was a childhood dream come true. In none of his imaginings did he ever conjure anything this spectacular, a huge underground arena.
    The place must be cavernous and then some. If the elevator pad was any indication, there were 10 floors at the very least, with a coliseum in the middle. Additionally, all the

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

Dean took in a deep breath then let it out as a smile played upon his face. He gave Hikari a pat on the shoulder, then nodded in satisfaction as his smile widened. "Man, this is just going to be great. I can feel it! can't you?" He declared to Hikari. May-Ling just chuckled softly.

May-Ling then made her way to where Master Lu Chan was standing. She came close to him and stood close enough so he could hear her, as she spoke and soft and low tones.

"Is there something, about this Reiken Center?"

Master Lu Chan smiled and nodded affirmatively, but did not elaborate. His eye had that glint again. Oh my. She had a feeling this was going to be something indeed. She looked up at him, smiling.

"Will it be similar to where this Tournament will be like?"

Master Lu Chan thought for a moment before answering. "Well, at the risk of ruining the surprise, yes. Somewhat similar, but not nearly as intense. Nothing can compare to the actual World Martial Arts Tournament."

By the look on his face, he seemed to be satisfied with his answer. She thought about his response, and nodded slowly. Master Lu Chan was enjoying this thoroughly. Her mind wheeled at the possible thoughts of what the Tournament was going to be about.

"I wonder when we will run into Master Yuen?" she added, as she took a seat. "I believe he'll be waiting for you at the Tournament." Master Lu Chan looked down and gave May-Ling a reassuring nod. She sighed. So much was happening so fast. It was hard not to feel excited.

It was then that Grand Sensei Osamu made his announcement.

"Alright, its time we headed to the arena. Please follow me."Mayli quickly stood, and began to follow. She didnt follow any of the conversations, she simply looked around her. Since she had touched down here, nothing was quite at what she would have imagined it. She felt like Alice, having suddenly taken a trip down the rabbit hole. Or perhaps, she had found the magical teapot, from her fathers stories. It was all quite something to behold, in either case. And then they all got into a vehicle, and began a soon enjoyed a comfortable and scenic ride through the Hong Kong streets. Osamu pointed out several historic locations as well as tourist attractions. May Ling had her face near the window, looking out at all the sights. It was all so beautiful. A clash of old and new, even more than she had thought

She gawked. She WAS a tourist, after all. It was all she could do to NOT take pictures. She could do that later, right now, she simply looked. Soon, the SUV was turning away from the main street and went down a side street. They passed several shops, a bookstore and a fortune teller before coming to what looked like an abandoned temple at the end of the street. It was evening now and the only illumination came from street lamps. The Grand master stopped the vehicle in front of the unusual structure. The facade of the place was not unlike that of a traditional temple.

"We're here." he announced and unlocked the doors. May Ling followed quietly, too busy watching around her, at the old beauty of the building. Hakari glanced over at both Dean and May-Ling and gave them a big smile, sharing his excitement as quietly as possible.

"It's not abandoned. It just looks that way." Grand Sensei Osamu informed them while gazing at the Old Temple. "Besides, we're going in through a side entrance." He added with a wink and a smile.

Mayli snapped back to paying attention as Osamu led the small group through a side entrance after going down a small ramp. A thick wooden door with large metal bolts was before him. To his right was a very modern looking security ID pad, and above them, standing on a small balcony, was a bald man wearing robes. Osamu smoothly produced a keycard and swiped it through the side slot. Immediately a red light turned from red, to amber, then green. The door released a long hiss mixed in with an electronic sound, and swung open. A long and well lit mirrored corridor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.