main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DragonCon Luncheon

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Hey, it was Great meeting everyone at the luncheon, but gee I thought more of the Hothlanta rebels would be there. Guess ya'll got lost at the bar eh?...LOL

The best part was meeting people I know from online in person for the first time. :)

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, some of us (aka ME) are dweebs and misunderstand where we're supposed to meet. I was wondering where everyone was. [face_blush]

I'm mightily bummed that I missed getting to see so many of the regulars. But I'm glad that those of you who got to meet had a good time.

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I had a great time, it was a lot of fun and was great to meet those of you that were there.

I just cannot believe I did not take any pictures. I wanted to get a Fanforce Staff photo along with a CR photo.

MAYBE at Celebration.

4. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Greetings everyone. I am ObiWill, Jedi Knight and friend to MysterySith, LadySith, and Nillanator. Though I didn't know anyone from the boards, it was great to meet you all. Star Wars fans rule! :cool:

I had expected it to be much more hot and humid in Atlanta, but I'm not complaining. ;) Love those skywalks that crisscross the midtown buildings... it gives the city a "Coruscant" feel. (New York sure could use those, but they'd be hopelessly congested and take ten years to build.)

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Hi ObiWill! I am not sure which one you were. Did I meet you? I was the guy with the blonde spikey hair at the luncheon. I also was on the club panel on Friday night with MysterySith. Glad you liked Atlanta. We joke about Atlanta becoming Coruscant in 50 years or so. Our traffic congestion is getting there already. Unlike NYC, people here believe it is a god given right to drive a car and not a privelege. While our mass transit serves somewhat of a purpose, a majority neglect to use it. Hope to meet you in person next time. Now, gotta start planning for the Celebration. Luckily we have 9 months to save $$ for it.

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Atlanta is usually much more hot and humid in late August/early September. We got lucky this past weekend, in that the weather was rather mild.

I'm glad that you folks had the chance to visit and I hope you all can make the trek to Atlanta again next year.

MysterySith, I did not think to get a picture of the FanForce staff or the City Reps who were present, either. Great minds do not only think alike, they forget alike, as well. ;)

7. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I did introduce myself to a few of you (y'all ? :)).. I think I met you too, though I could be mistaken. I was the short Jedi in the dark robes.

I would love to come back to DragonCon, but next time I think it would be better to fly. We got stuck for about an hour and a half on I-85 due to a tractor-trailer accident which shut down the interstate... bad bombin' indeed.

8. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I guess I'll have to try again :(
    I got lost, and missed a you all..
    Hmmm, Now I know I'll have a good reason to come out there next year ;)

9. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Okay ObiWill, now I remember you. Yes, we did meet a couple of times. Sorry about that! So many people it blurred together after awhile. Great costume by the way. Hope to chat with you in person again at either another DragonCon or the Celebration. Hope you had a safe trip back home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.