main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN DVD Thread?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    While watching "Band of Brothers" last night on the History Channel (airs every Monday at 8pm), they aired commercials for Saving Private Ryan: D-Day 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition, which streets on May 25th.

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001NBLVI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Details include:
    An Introduction By Steven Spielberg
    Looking In To The Past: The Research, the Screenplay and the Vision
    The Making of the Platoon
    Boot Camp for the Cast
    Re-creating D-Day: Omaha Beach
    Music And Sound
    Parting Words and more
    Widescreen anamorphic format
    Number of discs: 2

Right now Amazon has a preorder price of $18.89 on the title. There's a good chance it could be even lower than that when it hits retail shelves in the coming weeks.

2. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    From tvshowsondvd.com & Fox TV_DVD, here's some new coming release dates:

Buffy (Season 6): 5/25/04
    M*A*S*H (Season 6): 6/8/04
    The Simpsons (Season 4): 6/15/04
    Millennium (Season 1): 7/20/04
    Futurama (Volume 4): 8/24/04

Also, if you head over to Shop NBC_Final Friends you can order a special limited edition of the last episode of Friends that ships just 5 days from tonight. Price is a low $13.95, plus a free Friends Finale' keychain with order while supplies last. Here's the details:

Remember forever how the #1 Comedy in America ends with this "Limited Exclusive Edition" DVD. Releasing only 5 days after the series finale airs, the broadcast version of the 2-part episode will only be available on this DVD. This DVD will also include the Series pilot and the DVD version of the finale with additional never before seen footage.
    DVD Extras: Music Video ("I'll Be There For You", featuring the Rembrandts and the cast), Other (The Pilot).

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Speaking of Friends, I'm really going to miss it. Just like I've missed every other episode for the last 10 years.

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Careful Mike, you're stepping on a Sacred Cow there. ;) :p Thursday just won't be the same again. I'll take your anti-Friends sentiments to reflect an NBC worker who's sick of the Friends hoopla that's been on recently.

Like Seinfeld, there just won't be another Friends.

5. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    More like sick of the hoopla over a show that doesn't deserve it. Friends is nowhere near being in the same league as Seinfeld. Or Happy Days. Or the Andy Griffith Show. Or Beverly Hillbillies. Or Gilligan's Island. I could go on and on. Nobody's looking forward to the final episode more than I am. I'll be watching SmackDown! in the control room tonight! :D

6. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "More like sick of the hoopla over a show that doesn't deserve it. Friends is nowhere near being in the same league as Seinfeld"

Ditto :D

While I enjoyed the first 3 or 4 seasons of Friends, in my opinion its kind of been a disappointment since then. At that time, I also found Survivor to be more entertaining. I haven't watched Survivor for the last 3 seasons either, for the same reasons as Friends - the same old stuff, rehashed a different way and with different characters. Give me reruns of 24 ,Alias, & Smallville any day over a "NEW" friends episode. ;)

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    You're all forgetting the best thing on Thursday nights the past few years (until it got cancelled this season)... "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

8. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Time to settle the Friends debate once and for all! Go here now!

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well, Mike's had his fun at the expense of Friends. Now it's time to bump up this thread for DVD news (not the Deals of the Week thread) ;) with a little bit of gossip.

There are indications that we may see the Stargate SG-1 (Season 7) DVD set in October. Official word will be released by MGM next month.

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Complete details are out on Futurama: Volume 4. This is the last of the TV shows produced for the series that helps make staying up late for the Cartoon Network worth it. From tvshowsondvd.com:

Release date still is 8/24/04.
    DVD SRP (US): $49.98
    RUNNING TIME: 414 mins
    VIDEO: 1.33:1
    AUDIO: English, Spanish
    SUBTITLES: English, Spanish, French
    Disc 1:
    KIF GETS KNOCKED UP A NOTCH Including Commentary, Deleted Scenes, & storyboard images
    LEELA'S HOMEWORLD Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    LOVE AND ROCKET Including Commentary, Deleted Scenes, & International Video clip with audio in GERMAN, PORTUGUESE, CAST. SPANISH, ENGLISH
    LESS THAN HERO Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    A TASTE OF FREEDOM Including Commentary &Deleted Scenes

Disc 2:
    BENDER SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON TV
    JURASSIC BARK
    CRIMES OF THE HOT Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    TEENAGE MUTANT LEELA'S HURDLES Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    THE WHY OF FRY Including Commentary and Deleted Scenes

Disc 3:
    WHERE NO FAN HAS GONE BEFORE Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    THE STING Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    BEND HER Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    OBSOLETELY FABULOUS Including Commentary, Deleted Scenes, & Animatic with subtitles similar to episode
    EASTER EGG: STAR TREK PANEL CONSISTS OF 3 CLIPS, TIED TOGETHER AS A SINGLE ASSET with WRITER GOODMAN ON GUEST VOICE ACTORS/WRITER GOODMAN ON SCRIPT CHANGES/ACTOR DIMAGGIO ON BENDER. (sic)

Disc 4:
    THE FARNSWORTH PARABOX Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    THREE HUNDRED BIG BOYS Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    SPANISH FRY Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes
    THE DEVIL'S HANDS ARE IDLE PLAYTHINGS Including Commentary & Deleted Scenes plus an
    EASTER EGG: TABLE READ AUDIO ONLY PLAYED OVER A STATIC CARD

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    More DVD News from tvshowsondvd.com:
    Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien: Released in 2 volumes on August 10th:
    Late Night with Conan O'Brien 10th Anniversary Special
    The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (hope it includes his run-in with the SW fans at AOTC)

ALF: The first season lands on 8/10/04 with a MSRP of $39.98.

Home Improvement: The debut season of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor comes to retail stores on 11/30/04.

Laverne & Shirly: The first season hits on 8/17/04 with a 3-disc 15-episode set.

Happy Days: Believe this was one that Toymaster was looking forward to. The 1st season is also out on 8/17/04 in a 3-disc 16-episode set. Included are fan-favorite episodes like "All The Way," where Richie dates a girl with a "reputation"; "The Lemon," where Richie and Potsie buy a less-than-dependable car; and "Fonzie Drops In," where The Fonz decides to re-enroll in high school.

12. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I finished watching the new special edition of The good the bad and the ugly, man! They did a super job with the bonus stuff and the history of the civil war in the west. This is one of my favorite movies, now they need to give this same treatment to all of the clint westerns. Also have the special edition of the great escape, another great movie.

13. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'd love to have some sp ed of the Clint westerns! My dad lives about an hour or so north of where they shot the town scenes in 'Outlaw Josey Wales' (Dying ain't much of a livin', boy...). I got to go there on vacation a couple years back- gorgeous country!

Picked up the 'Shrek' 2-pak with the 3-D. Saw it at Toys-R-Us a few days ago for $19.99. Resisted buying it, then saw it yesterday at Suncoast for $16.99- and bought it! I think we're going to show it at the next SMT Drive-In Movie Night before the main feature. Last week we played the DVD copy of 'Batman:Dead End' Dragon gave us at MSC. We then watched ANH. The weather was great and the screen was HUGE!

Gotta start saving up for the past two seasons of 'Buffy' and the latest 'Smallville'...

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Here's some future release news for those Adult Swim on Cartoon Network fans out there. From tvshowsondvd.com, here's an upcoming release schedule:
    Summer 2004: Sealab 2021 (per TV commercials)

Winter 2004: The Brak Show (Vol. 1), Sealab (Vol. 2)

Spring 2005: Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast (Vol. 2), Harvey Birdman (Vol.1)

Spring 2005: Aqua Teen Hunger Force (V.2), Sealab (V.3)

Fall 2005: Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast (Vol. 3), Venture Bros. (V.1)

NOTE: Let me know if there are other future releases you want to see. I see info all the time on the Net, but are unsure of what TV shows, films, etc. all of you want to know about. ;)

15. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    If you own the Stargate Sg-1 Season 5 DVD box set, you're still missing out on the full extras that MGM intended you to have. See the story at tvshowsondvd.com. Follow the instructions and hopefully your new DVD will be on it's way!

16. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm very pleased to announce that one of my favorite shows That 70's Show is headed towards DVD release. From tvshowsondvd.com:

Fox has licensed That '70s Show from Carsey-Werner-Mandabach, and has scheduled the first season for October 26th. Here's the breakdown of the discs for the 25 episode season:

Disc 1 - That 70's Show Pilot, Eric's Birthday, Streaking, Battle of the Sexists, Eric's Burger Job, The Keg, That Disco Episode. Commentary on 2 episodes (TBD).
    Disc 2 - Drive In, Thanksgiving, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Eric's Buddy, The Best Christmas Ever, Ski Trip. Commentary on 2 episodes (TBD).
    Disc 3 - Stolen Car, That Wrestling Show, First Date, The Pill, Career Day, Prom Night. Commentary on 2 episodes (TBD).
    Disc 4 - A New Hope, Water Tower, Punk Chick, Grandma's Dead, Hyde Moves In, The Good Son. Commentary on 2 episodes (TBD).

Hello Wisconsin! Season One
    Trivia Quiz
    Audition Tapes: Ashton Kutcher, Laura Prepon
    Promo-palooza! "Cheap Trick" video
    Easter egg - script page & call sheet
    The set will carry a suggested price of $49.98, will feature a 1.33:1 picture, English audio & subtitles.

17. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Any word on the special edition Predator DVD release and if it will come with a free movie ticket to AVP?

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Yes. You're in luck Glenn! The WS Collector's Edition of Predator streets on 10 AUG 04. The ticket to AvP is one of the extras. Amazon has it on preorder for $22.12, so I'm guessing around $19.99 at local retailers upon release. Here's the complete list of extras per Amazon:

Movie Cash coupon for one theatrical admission to Alien vs. Predator
    Commentary by John McTiernan
    Text commentary by film historian
    Deleted scene: Arnold Schwarzenegger Fleeing Predator
    "If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It" documentary
    Inside the Predator: seven featurettes
    Three outtakes
    Three Predator "red suit" special effects
    Two Predator camouflage tests
    Still gallery
    Predator profile
    Alien vs. Predator and I, Robot sneak peeks
    Alien vs. Predator trailer
    Easter eggs
    Widescreen anamorphic format

19. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    OH DVD sage...

Kill Bill Vol. 2 is coming out soon. What is the word on a souped up Vol 1+2 set?

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    No word yet on SE versions of Kill Bill.

But from tvshowsondvd.com comes news about Seinfeld-The First 3 Seasons:

"The #1 Show of All Time"** Never Looked So Good All 40 Episodes, Now in High Definition, Available November 23 in Two Individual Volumes or as a Deluxe Gift Set

Approximately 24 Hours of Bonus Features from the Creative Forces Behind the Show Include All-New Documentaries, Interviews and Commentaries with Jerry, Larry David, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards and Jason Alexander, Deleted Scenes, Gag Reels and More

Culver City, Calif., August 6, 2004 -- Seinfeld, the show about nothing, finally debuts on DVD November 23 - newly enhanced in high definition. Seinfeld will be available from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment in two volumes or as a deluxe holiday Gift Set (not to be "re-gifted"), which includes a limited edition script with handwritten notes from Larry David, exclusive "Monk's Diner" salt & pepper shakers and collectible playing cards. Volumes 1 and 2 will be sold individually at the suggested list price of $49.95 each and the gift set at $119.95.

Seinfeld will look and sound better than ever. To provide the best picture and sound quality possible, Castle Rock Entertainment returned to the original film elements and spent many months digitally remastering every episode in high definition; the original analog audio tracks went through a similar process. Seinfeld: Volume 1 includes all 18 episodes of seasons 1 & 2 on 4-discs and Seinfeld: Volume 2, also on 4-discs, includes all 22 episodes from Season 3. Each volume will be loaded with approximately 12 hours of exclusive special features from the creative talents behind the show, including a full-length documentary, extensive creator, cast and production commentaries, bloopers, deleted scenes, exclusive never-before-seen Jerry Seinfeld stand-up comedy footage and trivia pertinent to each season. Both releases feature the original NBC network versions, 1-2 minutes longer than the syndicated versions and not seen since their original broadcast runs. Additionally, Volume 1 features two versions of the original pilot episode.

Said Seinfeld executive producer Howard West, "This is something George [Shapiro, also a Seinfeld exec producer] and I never could have imagined when the show began. To have this opportunity to go back, restore the elements, revive Jerry's unused stand-up, bring the talent back to chat about the show and then see the original episodes with high-definition images has been a thrill for all of us. I think we've more than met the challenge of DVD and have made every effort to stay true to the essence of Jerry's unique brand of comedy which has become so deeply a part of mainstream American culture."

The Extra Features
    Each Volume contains the following extra features, tailored to the episodes included in the particular set.
    -Inside Looks: Interviews with the cast and creators about what was happening behind the scenes as the episodes were created and filmed.
    -Yada Yada Yada: Audio commentaries from the cast remembering the making of these episodes.
    -In the Vault: Saved from the cutting room floor... deleted scenes - never seen!
    -Not That There's Anything Wrong With That: Never-before-seen-outtakes and bloopers.
    -Master of His Domain: See Jerry in exclusive stand-up comedy footage, shot for the show but never used.
    -Sponsored by Vandelay Industries: Original NBC promotional ads and trailers.
    -Notes About Nothing: Behind-the-scenes scoop and production notes.

Additional features include:
    VOLUME 1
    -How It Began: An hour-long look at how Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David first came up with the idea for the show, how it almost didn't get made and how they emerged with the show that changed the face of television forever.
    -Tonight Show Footage
    VOLUME 2
    -Kramer vs. Kramer: Kenny to Cosmo: If you thought Cosmo Kramer was hilarious, wait until you meet the real Kramer, Kenny Kramer!

The complete story can be found at [link=http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ne

21. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Some news on the LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition (rumored release on December 14th, New Line has YET to announce the set), but mostly this post relates to the Ultimate "Matrix" Box Set. From the digitalbits.com:

Anyone out there up for The Ultimate Matrix Collection? According to the Wachowski Brothers, who made a rare public appearance at the recent Comic-Con to talk about the DVDs, it's on the way in December. They were part of a Warner Bros. DVD panel on Saturday, which happened right before the big Lucasfilm Star Wars panel, so it seems not many people from the online DVD world were in attendance to hear them talk (including us). But a faithful Bits reader was there and sent us all the details, some which confirm things we'd heard before and some of it new information.

A promo was shown revealing two versions of the set, including a more expensive Collector's Edition Gift Set that includes a Neo minibust from Gentle Giant and a soundtrack CD. As we've heard before, this will be a 10-disc set as follows:

Disk 1 - The Matrix (digitally remastered and recolored)
    Disk 2 - The Matrix Revisited (The SAME disc already released)
    Disk 3 - The Matrix Reloaded
    Disk 4 - The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
    Disk 5 - The Matrix Revolutions
    Disk 6 - The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
    Disk 7 - The Animatrix (The SAME disc already released)
    Disk 8 - The Roots of the Matrix
    Disk 9 - The Burly Man Chronicles
    Disk 10 - The Zion Archive

Here's additional information the Wachowskis revealed at the panel:
    Despite rumors, there will be no new director's cuts. The brothers said they were very happy with the original theatrical versions.

There will be two audio commentaries for each film - one from philosophers Ken Wilber and Cornel West (who analyze the meanings behind the films), and one from three professional critics who hated all 3 films (no names given). According to Andy Wachowski, "It's the best idea we've ever had. It's hilarious. They just sit there and rip the $h** out of us for 6 hours."

All the footage shot for the Enter the Matrix videogame is present on the DVD for Matrix Reloaded. However, it is not cut into the film - it's a separate special feature you can view scene-by-scene.

Finally, the Wachowskis said that none of the special features from the original DVD releases of the trilogy will be reproduced except for what you find on Discs 2 and 7. You may see some of the same footage re-edited, but if you want to own all of the extras you'll need to keep your original DVDs too.

See the link above for full details and pictures of the upcoming sets.

22. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    One extra tidbit of info from the same source as above. "Sources are also telling us to expect Columbia TriStar's Spider-Man 2 in mid-November as a 2-disc set (note that a more elaborate special edition is already in production for release at a later date)."

23. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    any word on a release date for the Friday the 13th box set

24. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Here is some more info on the ROTK Extended Edition due in December New Line Cinema gave the San Diego Comic Con a huge preview of the true ending to The Lord of the Rings.

July 26, 2004 - The San Diego Comic Con is famous for delivering the first news on major genre films and events. Lucasfilm used it in 1976 to first reveal Star Wars to the world. Likewise they used it this year to announce the title of Star Wars Episode III.
    :
    The Extended Edition preview is edited in a similar fashion to the previous two, with bits of footage mixed in with interviews with the cast and crew about the new footage:

We see Frodo and Sam in their Orc disguises joining the column of Orcs as they march out of Mordor.

There are numerous shots of the Houses of Healing with Faramir, Eowyn, and Merry all seen.

A lot more looks to be added to the siege of Minas Tirith, as there was a bunch of new battle footage.

Frodo and Sam venture into the Crossroads and a few clips from that section were included.

The Mouth of Sauron is featured pretty heavily. If you've played EA's Return of the King video game you'll recognize the scene. The Mouth of Sauron rides out of the Black Gate and presents Frodo's mithril coat to the Fellowship.

Aragorn reveals himself to Sauron by approaching the Palantir in Minas Tirith and wields Anduril to show that the Heir of Elendil was alive.

We get to see more of Saruman later in the preview when he knocks Wormtongue down and also fires a giant fireball from his staff that engulfs Gandalf on Shadowfax.

There's more of Frodo and Sam in Mordor after they join the column of Orcs and before they discard their disguises. In one scene, Sam looks to the dark sky of Mordor and tells Frodo that he can see light as one little star can be seen glimmering through the clouds.

And yes, we will finally get to see Gandalf facing down the Witch King. It happens exactly as we've seen, but when Gandalf holds up his staff the Witch King pulls out his sword and holds it to the sky where it spouts flames. As he brings it down, the air around the burning sword is distorted.

There was a nice scene of Pippin and Faramir in Gondor where Faramir explains to the Hobbit how the small Gondorian armor he was wearing belonged to a young son of the Steward when he was a kid. Faramir further explains how Boromir was always the soldier and he wasn't.

A scene that takes place about five days after they were healed by Aragorn features Faramir and Eowyn on a balcony at the Houses of Healing where Eowyn falls for Faramir.

The Paths of the Dead is extended from where it ends in the theatrical cut. After Aragorn poses his offer, the dead laugh and go back into the walls. A massive earthquake starts, and the Three Hunters must escape an avalanche of millions of skulls.

Described, but not shown, another scene expanded in this edition is the scene where Pippin finds Merry on the battlefield. Now, Pippin searches the field for an entire day after everyone else has gone back into the city. He finally locates Merry at night in the new version of the scene.

[image=http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/rotkee_72604_04_1090881933.jpg]

25. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm looking for the short-lived series "The Tick" starring Seinfeld's Patrick Warburton. I've heard it would have 13 episodes. I think only 3 or 4 episodes aired before it got the boot.
    Got any info on this one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.