main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Echoes of the Past (NJO, Jaina/Jag, post DW) - Love Letter Challenge Entry 02/24/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TKeira_Lea, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I thought she was going to get drunk or is that going to be in next post?

~JJF

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    The teaser is from 7 chapters later. No drunk Jaina's for awhile. Jaina still has to get back to Mon Cal before she does any drinking.

Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh My!
    The Wizard of Oz playing on TNT right now :)

3. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Two more great posts, TKeira! Authentic Han in that first one, interrupting Wedge in the middle of a conversation with the Baron and Syal. But of course he didn't know who they were. If he had known, he might have had to wear his dress uniform, and we all know exactly how much Han Solo loves his dress uniform. Oh wait, he's retired! Hmmm... *mind rushes off to envision Han and 'Tir: "So, Solo--" "--oh so that's how it is, Fel--" "--you're such a terrible waste of good Imperial Academy instructors--" "--yeah, well, I wasn't the one who taught an entire class of mutineers--"*

The second post was wonderfully written--I could imagine everything that went on just as you wrote it. Jag and Jaina are such a perfect couple, and the whole way Jag admitted his love was very believeable. I hope they can get offplanet before the Yuuzhan Vong attack, and I have a feeling Kyp will probably be a little busy for a while. :)

Keep up the great work!

Xaara - *gives you a Baron Soontir Fel figure along with Jag* Shhh...*rushes off* [voice_whisper] Thanks so much for the action figures, JSF24! Just what I've always wanted for Christmas. :) [/voice_whisper]

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Xaara

Thank you for the kind praise. Holds Soontir doll tenderly - Oh 'Tir you're such a man. Wait til the Wedgie doll gets a hold of you later though.

Don't worry about Jaina and Jag. Kyp makes short work of some Vong butt so we can get on with better things. Too much story left to worry about the obvious details like how awesome Kyp can be in a X-wing. :)

"So you're all now part of Rogue Squadron. What you can expect of the future is this; endless amounts of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror... Rogue Squadron will be given tough assignments and will be expected to complete them, specifically because we are the best there is."

- Commander Wedge Antilles to the new Rogue Squadron in Michael Stackpole's X-Wing Rogue Squadron

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Xaara this one's for you. Hold on to your hats, it's long.

JJ00 thanks for getting it back :)

CHAPTER 4

Jag?s body was crying out all over, resentful of Jaina?s weight bearing down on it. Jag tried to shift his body slightly to relieve some of the discomfort, careful to not disturb Jaina. He knew that his pain was nothing compared to hers so he hoped she would stay in the peaceful sleep that had overtaken her.

Jaina?s head rolled awkwardly off his shoulder with his new position. Jag silently cursed himself as he gently eased her head to a more comfortable position, resting against his shoulder. He could feel her breathing become deeper and her muscles stiffen as she slowly awakened, struggling to come to terms with her strange surroundings.

?I fell asleep,? she said wearily.

?You needed it. Nothing to see anyway.?

?Are you alright,? she asked sensing his discomfort.

?I have been better.? He marveled that despite her predicament she was still concerned about him. He imagined that even though they had not finished their conversation on the planet, Jaina just might feel as strongly as he did. ?Not much longer now.?

Jag sat silently for a moment gathering his thoughts before continuing. ?Jaina, I want to talk about you and me before we get back. We may not have a chance later.? Jaina remained silent waiting for him to find the words, not sure where he was heading. ? I want there to be an us. I see a future for us after the war. I want to try to make this work. I need to know if you feel the same way, if you want the same thing.?

Jag waited anxiously for a response, Jaina could feel his heart pounding in his chest beneath her. She could sense anticipation and worry from him in the Force. Jaina could even sense fear from a man who was never afraid, fear for what she would say. At that moment, she recognized the true depth of his love for her. Jaina knew in her heart that he was the one person in the galaxy meant for her, that they were meant to be together.

No matter what, believe in love.

?I want to be with you Jag, too. I want it more than anything I have ever wanted before. I started to understand that after Ebaq. But I cannot jeopardize all the work everyone has put into the Trickster illusion. It is too important to the war, and I will not allow you to become a pawn for the Vong. I could never forgive myself, if something happened to you because they found out how I feel.?

?I understand. I don?t have any expectations that we can be open about our relationship. I just think it is important that we are honest with each other about our true feelings.? Jag adjusted his position so he could better see her face.

?I want nothing more than to be with you every minute of every day. It is not fair that we have to put our lives on hold. It makes me want to fight harder to end this war now. I used to be afraid of my future, but not anymore. I want to get on with my life. So let?s promise to be there for each other and make the most of the private moments we can steal.? Jaina wove her fingers through Jag?s as she spoke and brought his hand up to her lips, kissing his palm. ?Let?s promise our hearts to each other.?

Jag curled his fingers around hers, squeezing them gently, returning the sentiment. The anticipation and concern were gone from his heart and just the flame of true love burned in him. Jaina had never felt anything so beautiful in the Force and wished he could feel it too. She would always have an insight into him that he could never have from her.

Almost like he understood what she was thinking he asked, ?Promise always to be honest with me, Jaina. Don?t keep anything from me. Let me feel what you feel. Let me be your strength and support. You don?t have to save the galaxy on your own.?

?I promise. Jag, I -.? The chiming of the nav computer interrupted her. Jag shifted so he could reach the controls around her.

?Time to go back to reality,? he announced as the craft reverted to realspace.

6. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

JAINA_SOLO-FEL24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    *reaches from behind and pushes a 6 ft box infront of you. Lifts the blanket off to reveal a life-size Jagged Fel, not just a cardboard figure, but as life like as you can get! *LOL* * Hope you enjoy *wink*

I absolutely LOVED the last two posts! The scene with Jag and Jaina! [face_love] He's so sweet.
    Still wondering what Jaina was going to say though. And the scene with Han and Jaina was a Kodax (ms?) moment :) I love those scenes almost as much as Jag and Jaina.

Syal has to be the most beautiful and strong woman in the galaxy, next to Leia of course :) I mean, she won the heart of a, what seems, a cold and emotionless man and brave and strong from the lost of her children. And who else can put fear into Soontir Fel? *LOL*

Great job!

Jaina Solo Fel24

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Oh my, a life-size Jag doll just for me? You don't say? Words cannot express my feelings of gratitude. So I send this instead :) :D [face_love]

Thank you. Thank you. What will I ever do with him. Hmmm. Let me think... [whispers]hopefully my husband doesn't read this[/whispers]

Behind him Wedge heard some chittering that Emtrey translated. "Master Zraii apologizes for not being able to fit all your kills in the space allotted. The ships rendered in red are meant to represent a squadron worth of kills - meaning a dozen."

Wedge frowned as he turned to face the droid. "I have a vague idea how many ships there are in a squadron, you know."

Another classic Wedge moment presented from X-Wing Rogue Squadron by Michael Stackpole

8. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    great posts!! i loved them! :D can't wait for more!

9. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Just found this story. I love it. Keep up the good work.

10. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I love the family moments, TKeira. And I agree with JSF24--Syal Fel is one of the strongest women in the Star Wars universe. I think Mira_Terrik said that she envisioned Syal as the glue holding the Fel family together, and I see that demonstrated over and over. She is truly a wonderful person.

The moment of understanding between Kyp and Jag was something I've been waiting for in the books, and I'm glad you addressed the friction between them. The whole picnic scene in "Rebel Stand" dealt with their relationship somewhat, but I think you did a great job of conveying their feelings in just a few short lines.

I can see a problem here with 'Tir's attitude toward Jedi and, in particular, toward a specific Lieutenant Colonel Solo. It's hard for me to imagine a family with such a formal system of greeting and exchange of ideas, but it must be hard to live with a man who enforces such strict rules.

Wedge is the quintessential Good Uncle. He's understanding, caring, pleasant, and genuinely interested in the welfare of his nephew without becoming too involved in Jag's business. He knows when to be Wedge and when to be General Antilles, and that is the main difference between him and the Baron.

Keep up the great work! :)

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I am glad some people got to read the story today. This was some of my favorite stuff so far.

JAINA_SOLO-FEL: Thanks for the present. The Jag doll has come in handy working on some upcoming scenes. [face_devil] See Xaara below concerning Syal.

jags_gurl: Thanks :D

jagsredlady: Welcome and thanks. :)

Xaara: I am glad you see the finer points of the story and point them out. It means I am doing my job.

Syal is the glue. I can imagine she is as solid as steel underneath that beautiful exterior to raise a family in the Unknown Regions. Her emotions and love are what I try to reflect in Jag and his relationship with Jaina. He has learned there are great depths of love from both his parents, but he must combat his father's tendencies to hide his true feelings.

I am very glad you appreciated the moment between Kyp and Jag. There is still something there with Kyp, whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not. This could be a pivotal point to the relationship of all three. Can their friendships make it through? When will there be a turning point for Kyp or will he march on as a tortured soul, unbeknownst to his dearest friend. The picnic in RS opened up all sorts of possibilities.

Ole' 'Tir has to be a problem to some degree, just like Han. Parents can be your biggest hindrance in life and your biggest ally. Will Soontir figure it all out or will his own ego dictate that he drives his son away? When will Soontir realize that his son really has exceptional taste and could do no better.

Yes, Wedge is one of the great characters in the Star Wars Universe. He is brilliant and talented and loving. He has fought as hard as the Skywalkers and Solos and has lost just as much. His capacity to step outside the military "box" and be an uncle will be a great asset to Jag later on, when there is no where else to turn.

And now another Michael Stackpole moment

"Mr. Horn."

Corran stopped and blinked away the gathering clouds of dark memories. His hand rose in a salute. "Captain Celchu."

The blue-eyed man returned the salute, then crossed his arms over his chest. "Still walking and talking?"

"Sir?"

"Either Commander Antilles is losing his touch in dressing down recruits or" - Tycho smiled lopsidedly - "you're made of sterner stuff than I might have otherwise imagined."

12. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    *whew*

loooooooong post

well done! I have to admit, I don't like 'Tir very much. at all, actually.

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    TBF You know 'Tir is just 'Tir - a big hotheaded Corellian. He can't help it. I think he's alright though. He's too smart not to come around eventually.

"Begging your pardon, General, I think you're judging Rogue Squadron too harshly." [Wedge thinking to himself] And it's because we made your Guardian, Warden, and Champion squadrons look as if they were Lame, Sick, and Dying!

- Another classic Wedge Antilles thought from the brain of Michael Stackpole

14. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Okay JJ00 we all miss you so this post is for you :)

It was late night, and there was no activity in the medward other than the droids monitoring patients. Jag stood in the quiet room watching Jaina float in the bacta tank in front of him.

Jag had taken time to get a shower and catch up on some much needed rest after lunch with his parents. He was about to go out on patrol, but he wanted to look in on Jaina. Jag had decided this would be the best time, when everyone was settling down for the evening. That way he could spend a few minutes alone with her, without raising anyone?s suspicions. Even though transparisteel and a tank of bacta separated them, Jag just loved being near her. It brought a peace to his soul he never knew existed.

?She will be out in the morning.? Han Solo had been standing silently behind the Colonel, observing the pilot watch Jaina.

?I did not hear you come in, sir.?

?Don?t call me sir, kid. It makes me feel as old as I truly am. I wanted to thank you for bringing my daughter home.? Han Solo moved up to stand next to the younger man.

?Just doing my job, sir.? Realizing he used the word again, Jag flashed an apologetic grin. ?Sorry. I was glad to help out.?

?Can?t help yourself, can you??

?No, it is part of the upbringing.?

?Somehow I have visions of little Fels marching around the house saluting the Baron.? Han chuckled at the image. Although he offered the older man no response, Jag was inclined to agree with the truth of the words. His father did run a tight ship, not that he was incapable of showing love and compassion at other times.

Han noted Jag?s lack of a sense of humor, attributing it to his upbringing and continued speaking. ? So I understand your father brought the Chiss here to save the Rebel scum.? Han?s remarks, in his usual style, were an attempt to test the other man?s steely disposition.

Jag bristled at the implication but gave no outward indication. Apparently, Han Solo was as opinionated as his father. Jag chose to ignore the older Corellian?s statement.

Han was impressed at Jag?s restraint. ?Sorry, old habit, insulting your father. Don?t take it personally. You know, if she had heard me just now, Jaina would give me one of those Force slaps she used to torture her brothers with as a child, saying I was being rude to her savior.?

?Apology accepted.? Jag replied emotionlessly.

Both men looked back at Jaina, watching her float through the fluid in a peaceful slumber. Han Solo walked over and put his hand to the transparisteel. Jag could see the worry of a father for his child etched in his reflection.

?She grew up too fast. I would give anything for her to have a normal life.? Han confessed, like he was tired of keeping his burden. ?A father should not have to see his child floating in a bacta tank because her X-wing was shot down saving another pilot. Especially not when that child should be learning how to be a young woman, learning about life and love and all those wonderfully insane things teenagers do.?

?Fathers should not have to bury their children either.? Jag stepped up to the man, keeping his eyes straight forward. ?But this is our war to fight. Just like you had to fight yours.?

?We fought ours so our children would grow up in a safe galaxy, and free of all the suffering we endured. It seems to be so pointless sometimes, but then I look at who she has become and I see the point. Daughters have that affect on their fathers. I can see Jacen for the man he has become, but she will always be my little girl. Just wait until you have children, you will understand. Just hope you don?t have any girls.?

?I think Jaina sees the point, too. It?s what drives her. Jaina is an amazing woman.? Jag wanted to say more, but stopped himself for fear of revealing his true feelings.

Realizing the passionless Imperial had seen him without his smuggler?s mask, Han flashed Jag his trademark grin. ?Listen, I?ll make you a deal. Don?t tell your father I have gone soft, and I won?t tell you

15. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    *LOL* Han Solo was fooled? *LOL* Not by anyone, but Jagged Fel? [face_love] Wow, never thought I see the day when Han couldn't see past a face, sabacc or not :D Now, even dealing with his own daughter, but Jag..*sighs happily* [face_love] :D Another wonderful post TKeira_Lea :) More Han and Jag in the storyline? Hopefully lots of Jaina/Jag, and Han/Jaina, and Jag/Han? *L* Sorry, just love those moments.

Jaina Solo Fel24

16. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    Oh, almost forgot, read the post one more time through...is this some foreshadowing? :D

"...I can see Jacen for the man he has become, but she will always be my little girl. Just wait until you have children, you will understand. Just hope you don?t have any girls.?

Jaina and Jag? [face_love] Married and having kids?

Jaina Solo Fel24

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JSF24 I just wrote a great Jag/Han/Jaina scene for later. Lots of Jag/Jaina of course. Next chapter sets up a lot of the story, some Luke/Mara/Leia/Jacen and - oh yeah - some Lord Shimrra (boo hiss). Then back to the good stuff. Chapter 6 promises lots of Jag/Jaina and Jag/Wedge/Soontir/Syal. (TBF will look forward to what that promises.) Wedge and Soontir fans will have fun as will Syal fans. Time to put the foot down in Fel land. :)

Foreboding, I don't know. It's too soon to tell, but I did have the entire story outlined well before I started writing. ;) There are definitely hints along the way. (I even have hints that may pertain to a possible sequel already spun in my pretty little head. Unfortunately that sequel seems to becoming a little darker than this story, more like ESB, so we will see.) You just have to figure out where they are. It is fun writing 7-8 chapters ahead, because you can go back and put hints in where you see fit. (Hint, hint to all you aspiring fanfic types.) I think I am on Chapter 12 or 13 right now so I am about 100 pages ahead of where I am posting. I have definitely improved the story by allowing myself the time to 'grow' it before posting.

Thanks for the comments. I look forward to them. :D

And now a thought on lawyers from Wedge Antilles (courtesy of Michael Stackpole's X-Wing Rogue Squadron)

Nawara's pasty expression became ghostlike. "No appeal?"

Wedge smiled. "To you there probably is not, but the idea of a lawyer getting the sentence instead of his client has some appeal to me."

The Twi'Lek frowned and caressed one of his brain tails. "Perhaps it is true that a lawyer who has himself as a client is a fool."

"Which is why you're a pilot now, Mr. Ven." Wedge laughed slightly.

18. JAINA_SOLO-FEL24

Aug 27, 2002
    Sequel? Sequel? :D YEAH! *JUAD off the walls* Darker? Oooooooo, I do like reading a bit of angst :)

JSF24

19. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    That was a great moment between Jag and Han, TKeira. Underneath their very different exteriors, they're really very similar: they both care about their families and they both think that the people they love are worth fighting for. Han actually can be a militaristic as the Fel clan, as demonstated in the whole X-wing series; he just dislikes the pomp and stuffiness. On the other hand, Jag can be just as loose and easygoing as Han, as demonstrated in that little dance scene in DJ, but prefers to retreat behind his "I have no emotions" front. What a pair!

I agree with JSF24--I think we're getting a little foreshadowing here. At the beginning of the whole Jag/Jaina fascination, when people were just beginning to write about their relationship, I found a lot of stories in which Jaina has an unplanned pregnancy, something I find highly unlikely due to both Jaina's and Jag's level of responsibility. So, in my next story about them, I'm probably going to skip ahead to after the NJO so they can have kids in peace. (Although once a Fel/Antilles/Solo/Skywalker kid is loose the galaxy will dissolve into utter chaos. :) )

I just wrote a great Jag/Han/Jaina scene for later.

I can't wait to read that one, TKeira, but I guess I'll just have to wade through all the terribly fun posts until then. ;)

Keep up the great work!

20. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    hey!!!! I actually got here, so i'm checkin in. glad u liked that i got the posts back 2 u, and thanx for the post :). i like 'em all, and i have 2 more that u sent me 2 edit, so im gonna get wrking. bye ppl.

21. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    JAINA_SOLO-FEL24: Angst will be an understatement. I see much pain and suffering in the future.

Xaara: Who knows where the Force takes you in life and what path it has for Jaina and Jag, but it won't be all fun and games, that's for sure. Foreshadowing, hmmm? I definitely don't see Jaina and Jag as careless or reckless and yes some stories have had them alittle less responsible than you would expect. I don't see that for my characters at all. At least not from Jag, he has his head screwed on more than straight.

J/J/H is a few chapters out but it is a good one.

Thanks for the praise ;)

JainaJag00: Hey! Good to see you back :D

You're welcome for the post :)

22. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Oh! Oh! Very good postie! Han doesnt' have a clue!

23. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I have a hard time believing that Han doesn't know exactly what's going on. Maybe he's just lulling Jag into a false sense of security.

~Rogue

24. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Rolls around on floor laughing* that second post was sooooo funny!!!!

The first was perfectly timed coz i was listening to my Moulin Rouge cd so i had perfect background music!!

JJF

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Starkrusher: :D

rogue11lovesjag: Parents can be very blind when it comes to their children, and Han did have an inkling. Jag just did a good job of fooling the old smuggler at his own game. Isn't Jag good at everything he does? Besides who could imagine the standoffish Jag being anything but that.

Jedi_jainafel: Nice to have mood music :)

What were you thinking Corran Horn?

The stormtrooper lowered his carbine, giving Corran a good view of the muzzle. "It's over for you, Rebel scum."

"You, too, little stormie." Corran raised his left hand but kept his thumb pressed on the end of the explosive cylinder he'd eased from the pouch on his belt. "I die and it blows."

The stormtrooper hesitated for a second, then shook his head. "Nice try. You're holding the wrong end."

- from X-Wing Rogue Squadron by Michael Stackpole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.