main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Eclipse] Jedi Haven???

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AnakinsGirl, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsGirl

AnakinsGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    it seems that in the NJO novels (i belive) there was a planet, Eclipse, that han solo and someone else navigated to by going through the Maw. I dont remember which book, who he was with, or why, but for some reason i always remembered that planet because i thought that the author had eluded to it becoming some sort of a "jedi sanctuary" type place, since most of the jedi children had to be kept aboard a certain red star destroyer (forgive me for being vague, i havent read these books in a looong while).

does anyone remember this, and can anyone with a better memory and a closer attention span tell me whatever happened to Eclipse and the jedi aboard that star destroyer?

2. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    The Jedi children were taken to Booster Terrik's 'Errant Venture', then transported to the secret base in the Maw. In Aaron Allston's 'Enemy Lines' duology, Han and Leia took the Jedi students (along with Ben Skywalker and Wedge's daughters) to the secret base. Kam and Tionne looked after the children at the base until it was time to rendezvous on Zonoma Sekot. Hope that helped!

3. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    Eclipse base was not located in the Maw, but in uncharted territory in the Deep Core.

After the yavin temple was razed in Conquest, Booster carried the jedi children around until star by star where he jettisoned them in escape pods while passing eclipse with a Vong fleet on his heels. Booster picked them up again when ecplipse was evacuated. In Enemy Lines, they were transported to the Maw base when booster's SD joined the fleet.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Dark Journey featured this Eclispe chap, but I wouldn't know, seeing how I was waiting for a cheaper SBS paperback and no one bothered explaining what this Eclipse was, and why it was important.

And then a year later I discover it danced a huge role in the previous book. Further pondered why it was still used as the mad barking pagans now knew about it. And started thinking how organic atoms leaking outta a bugged ship can let the mad barkers follow, seeing how the bread crumbs would stretch lighyears across and I don't even want to imagine the distances involved, and how an organic glob on a hull can produce and leak so much.

:D

5. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    I don't personally regard Dark Journey very highly for a lot of reasons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.