main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Theatres in Fredericton

Discussion in 'Archive: Fredericton, NB' started by DarthBabe, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Ok, I have a problem with this theatre because annoys me to such an extreme extent that I want to scream!!!

Everytime a blockbuster movie opens there, it isn't playing in Stadium Seating. I often see that they have 'chick flicks' playing in Stadium Seating instead. My question is WHY???!!!! Are they completely stupid!!!??

For example: I saw Batman Begins here...it wasn't playing in stadium seating but the Perfect Man was.

Another example is War of the Worlds opened tonight and guess what was playing in stadium seating?!! Bewitched!!! Gah!!!!!!

2. Navigator

Navigator Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2004
    (Clears throat...hangs head...meekly asks..)What is stadium seating, and why does it both you so much?
    nav

3. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    It doesn't bother me...but it's better to watch a blockbuster movie in stadium seating. It's seating that's like sitting in a stadium...you can see over everyone's head. The screens are generally bigger and the seats are comfy...and the sound is great. :p

Generally when I want to see a Blockbuster movie...one that generally has effects and action etc...I want to see it in a quality theatre. If I were ever to pay to see a romantic comedy at a theatre, I wouldn't want it to see it in SS. Why? Because I don't need to see a gigantic Heather Locklear or Hilary Duff running around.

Batman Begins is making a lot money. So far it's pulled in $122,511,813 whereas the Perfect Man has only pulled in $10,908,500. I don't know what Bewitched is going to do after War of the Worlds has it's weekend box office run.

This upsets me because I don't understand why I pay a lot of money to see a movie at the theatre and I don't get the quality I pay for. So, I have to go to other cities to see these movies in nicer theatres.

4. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002

Ya I know what you mean. I quess they are just trying to keep it in good shape? I was dragged to Hillary Duff, Raise your voice, in that theater. hrm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.