main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Episode 3 campout?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by zekk_64, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zekk_64

zekk_64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Hi zekk here,

Is anyone going to campout at the movies during episode 3 comes out? My friend and I might be skipping school for a few days and was hoping to meet some more SW fans waiting in line. zekk out.

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    there are a few who camp out at Dole Signature Theaters. Eric will be there first day with his R2 unit, I think. He was for Ep2. I normally go to first day showing in the evening after work, so the earliest I'd be there is about 5 PM or so, and that's with taking a few hours off from work early.

3. zekk_64

Feb 23, 2005
    I'm sleeping at Ward so I can be close to Other Realms. I know a few people there, so I will say hi and go to sleep in front of the movies

4. zekk_64

Feb 23, 2005
    Oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself. zekk and i'm new to this fourm.

5. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    howdy, zekk. welcome to our corner of the sw universe. :)

6. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello, zekk_64, mac-nut & everyone.

I was planning to shoot some footage of the people in line for Episode III to add to my "Starwoids: Hawai'i Style" film project. I hope people will be cool / okay with that.

If you've seen Starwoids, you're familiar with the idea. If not, I highly recommend it!

Best wishes,
    Jay Tee Erricck

P.S. I don't plan to necessarily camp out the night before but I AM taking the entire day off so I can go see it with friends. If there is a midnight showing that morning, maybe I'll go!

7. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Dole always has a midnight showing. Don't know about Consolidated (Ward).

8. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    mac-nut,

Thank you for that info! Good to know.

I'd like to shoot some footage of the line(s) [not just the Dole theatre]. I requested May 19th off but, unfortunately, I will probably have to work until 11 p.m. the night before AND I'll probably have to work on the 20th so my time allowed to shoot movie lines will be limited. Still hoping to get some of that done.

Would try to get more time off from work but, by then, I'll have already used up my earned vacation time / days off going to Celebration III so I will just have to rely on the very little free time I will have between work-shifts.

Best wishes,
    Jay Tee Erricck

9. zekk_64

Feb 23, 2005
    Well I I hope we all have a blast or I am going to go crazy! Let's pray this movie we'll beat all of the prequels. May the Force be with us.

10. Nanashi

Nanashi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2001
    if there's a midnight showing somewhere jason and i will try to go (unless he has to work). i know when ep II came out i worked at a movie theater and they wouldn't let people get in line until 9pm the day of the midnight showing. i worked all day and then got off work and got in line [face_laugh] that was the deal so i didn't have to work that night.

i can't camp out in line really though because of my little one... the day of for a few hours is my limit sadly :(

11. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Dole Signature will have a midnight showing, I believe.

12. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello, Everyone!

1) zekk_64, I think Revenge of the Sith will be great but I think all Star Wars fans should keep in mind that Lucas (or was it McCallum?) that said Episode III will be THE MOST depressing of all the Star Wars films, old or recent. Many fans know what to expect since all the clues were laid out by the original trilogy. The question is: How much of what we know happened will Lucas actually show us on screen?

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a very depressing movie but, yet, it is a story that needs to be told to bridge the original & prequel trilogies. In short, I'm still looking forward to see this movie. But, what SW fan isn't? It will be a bittersweet feeling, though, I'm sure. We will finally get to see it but we will also know that "This is it". Most likely NO MORE new Star Wars movies. Perhaps we can discuss the rumors / non-rumors regarding Episodes VII, VIII & IX in another post string!

2) Nanashi & mac-nut, If Dole is the only place with a 12 midnight showing, I'll be there. Look for the guy with the video camera trying to shoot footage of the line. Even if I don't manage to get IN to the theatre for the show, I'll be there outside trying to build toward my film.

That's it for me for now, gang! Looking forward to continually see you all here in the posts!

Best wishes,
    Jay Tee

13. zekk_64

Feb 23, 2005
    Thanks for the info. Well right now I'm getting ready for the cd which from theforce.net, should be coming out on April 3. Oh and hi everybody! I'm new! But I hope I can contribute informationand replies for Oahu, Hawaii. See ya' later.

14. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Welcome to the least active board on TF.N my friend. ;)

As for the release, I'll be at Dole trying to get in as well. It might be a mad house tho.

15. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'll be there for the 12:01 premiere showing!
    Its a tradition! Gonna be the last time ever, makes a tear come to my eye.

16. zekk_64

Feb 23, 2005
    I'm so happy that most of us responed to this topic and hope to make this a day that we can all remember. Also, is there anyone coming to Ward on the 19th? Respond back.

17. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    any of you people on myspace? Me and the other John are the only two I know thus far from or who are assocaited with the Pacifice outpost 501st. lemme know, lets bring this board to life!

18. aeclark

aeclark Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2005
    Campout? me? naww.. I'm just gonna get the tickets as early as possible.. then spend the whole day at the theater :p

~Aaron

19. Hapajedi

Dec 8, 2000
    Did you guys see trailer? awesome! maybe giving away too much but who cares! hehehe

20. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    nope, haven't seen it yet.

21. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    yup, saw it late last night, courtesy of a friend

22. Nanashi

Aug 15, 2001
    oh yeah i saw it! i dl a good copy today so i have to watch over and over and over!!

and i just realized i'm going to be in california when ep III comes out. gonna have to go see it :)

23. zekk_64

Feb 23, 2005
    It was so awesome! I hope I get to see some Palpatine lightsaber action in the movie.

24. Nanashi

Aug 15, 2001
    from what you see in the trailer i'm sure you will see at least some.

25. tobyk

tobyk Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    Hi. About how early would one have to go the theaters to get good seats at a midnight showing? I've never been to one. But I plan on taking the next day off so I can watch it. Thanks
    Toby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.