main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Episode I: "Could have been a lot better"

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by m0rpheus, May 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Can I hear an amen to what preacher Kenley just said? I said amen to that!!!!

Someone tie my bow tie!

2. Sirikus_Willowbend

Sirikus_Willowbend Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    hey... I'm not lost... just busy =)

Jon

3. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    I'm still here too.

Though in retrospect there were points I would have liked to be a little different, I don't regret one second of the time I spent with you guys.

I have my tickets to all 9 showings and both trailers framed on the wall with my countdown clock hanging from it, and I wear my CDD shirt with the big, "200 hours" on the back with pride.

Though I'm indulging more in my Transfan side right now in the movie-lull, StarWars has been and always will be something special.
    Just like those weeks spent outside in a field behind Sams club.
    That my friends, was a magic I'll never forget and will cherish. And it makes for great stories to tell new friends who ask about the CDD shirt. ;)

4. varanid

varanid Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    I actually thought Episode I was really a great flick. I guess the "purists" didn't like it, but it had to be different than the 1st movies, or the story would have run into a rut. Plus, I think Lucs did a Hell of a job differentiating between the pre-rebel empire galaxy and the rebellion galaxy. This added a bit of "hisotrical" reality to the story line, and complemented alot of the books and comics that have been out quite well.
    I think the Sith thing was not expanded on enough, but the other scenes made up for the lack in the story thread there.

5. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    I think we all just got old.....
    Plus how can we watch the movie that was the basis of our childhood with the mind of a (I was 6 in '77)kid.
    Now we pay for our own movies and instead of playing with our SW toys we display them.

.....skippin' Chewbacca like a stone.

6. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I still play with my SW toys. I can't help it. I even make little sound effects.

7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I miss the days when a desk or nightstand could double for the Imperial or Rebel base, or some out-of-the-way alien world.

Like objective time that's slowly trapping us in amber, my figs now stand atop my desk, immobile, when once the furniture was a living world....

Contrast that with the dynamic visual realm of Episode I....

8. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Thankyou Brandon. Now Jon if you would get off the Evercrack that has you in a small dark space then I think you and Even Eric will have to agree the movies was worth everything we put into it....!!

You of all people Eric Dog it the most but was red in the face that day at the theater just like a school Girl with her skirt up...

:p

And clay your words seem so wise and I, just cant contain myself... :_| He he

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.