main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL ***Episode II - ATOC Countdown Thread!!!***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by XackAttack, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    150+ Days Till Episode II. That's not far off. Discuss anything Episode II in this thread, but be sure to warn before spoilers (personally, I'm spoiler free).

2. XackAttack

Oct 2, 2001
    What theater are you going to see Episode II in? I'm going to the big AMC 50 screen theater in Schaumberg.

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I still prefer the THX-sound mecca that is McClurg Court. That's where I saw the Special Edition Trilogy and The Phantom Menace. It's also where Chicago Force initially formed lo these many moons ago.

Phil

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I will be seeing AOTC at the Barrington AMC theater also, especially since I live like 5 minutes from there. Nothing against McClurg Court, just the convenience and less traffic of AMC. Also, I love the theater itself. I say we have a pre-viewing party at my house. Course, it's still 6 months away but I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    So, pretty much I WON'T be seeing Star Wars in Chicago, since I live two hours away. But, I will be seeing it at the GKC theatre in my area. Geez, I can't believe it's only 150 days away!

6. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    JK I think I will have to join you up in Barrington since it is the only Digital Theater in the Chicago area. I hoping AMC 30 in cantera gets one really soon. I am only 15min from there.

JediLars

7. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Vehemently spoiler free, btw.

As far as the premiere goes, so long as McClurg doesn't go digital, I'll be there this May...

-Le Penguin
    "It's a cookbook!"

8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    McClurg Court has another advantage as far as Chicago Force is concerned. It's near most of the major media outlets in the city, so when reporters come out to cover the line we can get our word out to more Chicago fans!

I'm in agreement with you, Penguin, on the digital issue. I saw Monsters, Inc. at South Barrington 30 in digital projection and was a bit underwhelmed.

Phil

9. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Oh, by the way, 168 days until Episode II.

Phil

10. XackAttack

Oct 2, 2001
    I've been to the AMC theater in Barrington before, and it's good. I prefer the 50 Screen AMC theater in Schaumberg. I live in Algonquin and it's about a half hour drive, but the AMC 50 Screen Theater has huge screens and great surround sound.

11. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I have to ask...

What 50-screen AMC theater in Schaumburg??? If you're talking about the big one just off the Northwest Tollway... guess what? That's the AMC 30 (not 50) in South Barrington.

I will probably see AOTC there, but not right away. This time I plan to join Chicago Force downtown... bus to Metra to downtown, figure out the rest from there, it's a snap! ;)

12. DarthDestiny02

DarthDestiny02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2001
    I will either see it at the South Barrington AMC 30 or the Regal Cinema in Crystal Lake.

13. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    There is ABSOLUTELY no better place in Chicago to see the Premiere of Episode II than at McClurg Court Theater.
    I don't really care if it's Digital or not. I wasn't put off by the Digital screen at AMC 30. I've only seen animated features there, and no live action mind you.
    And, in the past I found myself disapointed in the sound at McClurg (including seeing EP1 there in 99') however, the sound was as good or equal to that of the digital screen at AMC 30. The screen size (to me) seemed about the same size as well.

However, the REAL reason why McClurg Court is the best is simply location. It is where all the hype is. All the main media attention for both the line to get tickets (if that happens again this year) as well as the line to actually see the movie.
    I mean we were visited by Ebert on our first night there and it just got nuttier from then on. Not to mention the Fire & Police departments being so cool to us. The Radio Stations sending their people down to either give us coffee, T-Shirts & interviews or to goof on us. I think everyone in the first 30 or so people were either on TV, Radio or in someone's random film project or documentary for school.
    There's just unbelievable comradary and fellowship that you'll never experience anywhere else. Chicago Force is a fun group...join us or be destroyed.

14. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    McClurg Court I have nothing against but I like the AMC for the convinience. Don't get me wrong, I like being part of the all- powerful Chicago Force but it was a party at the AMC for the premiere of TPM, including trivia games, prizes, and all around fun. Plus, the sheer number of CF members would overwhelm the capacity of the McClurg Court so we have to spread it around.

See ya'll on Saturday!!!!

Mark

15. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, we are all very PRO having CF'ers at lines all around Chicago, not just at McClurg Court. McClurg just happens to be where we started.

Chicago Forcers who want to "run" a line at other theaters are MORE THAN WELCOME to help us in planning an implimenting the lines. I can think of no better promotion and no better way to meet the hard-core fans in Chicago. You wont meet a better fans than the ones at the head of the lines.

16. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    >>You wont meet a better fans than the ones at the head of the lines.<<

You got that right, baby. My sleeping bag still smells from that whole ordeal...

-Le Penguin
    "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part
    That wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of"

17. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm with Phil & Bosh, I'm going to McClurg Court, and there is nothing stoping me. By the way Hi guys. See you there...

Rex K. [face_devil]

18. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    159 days..........and countin'.

19. DarthDestiny02

DarthDestiny02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2001
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one more semester, must I get through!

20. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    158 days......Man, that's a long time!!

21. XackAttack

Oct 2, 2001
    Oops, I meant 30 Screen Theater :( ....

Anyways, 156 days and counting.

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    157 days, actually.

Phil

23. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    You are always in the money, Phil.

I can't hardly wait...

24. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Is 10:00 am. Only 153 days and 12 hours until EP II :D

25. XackAttack

Oct 2, 2001
    When's the next trailer going to be out and for what film?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.