main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Manga discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by R_Zion, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Just thought I'd start a thread for those who would want to discuss this highly enjoyable manga series from mangaka Hiromu Arikawa.

Talk about either the american release from Viz or the latest scanlation each month, but if you discuss anything past Vol. 11, please use spoiler tags until it is released here in America.

That being said, I'm really interested in the latest characters they've introduced in the last few chapters and hope our newly frozen Homunculi won't stay that way for long. Seems like we're really getting into the meat of the plot now. I wonder how much longer we have left in this series.

2. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    The Chapter 68 manga scanlation is finally out!

This year's Valentine's spotlight is Hohenheim and Trisha with a flashback to they day the infamous family photo was taken and when Hohenheim leaves to combat Father's plan. It's really a touching scene. Turns out Hohenheim is crying in the picture.

Meanwhile, in the present, scouts in Sloth's tunnel are attacked by a shadowy creature that shreads them all to pieces. All that's left is a single horse that remains to the hole's exit in Brigg's with an arm holding on to it. Could this creature be Pride?

Meanwhile, Raven and Mj. Gen. Armstrong's conversation continues and he tries to force her into answering if she wants any part in the immortal army until an officer comes and tells them about the incident in the hole. When they go to check things out, Raven tells Armstrong that she needs to put Sloth back in the hole and seal it up.

Meanwhile, Ed, Al, Falman and Buccaneer run into Kimbley and Miles. Kimbley mistakes Al for the Fullmetal Alchemist but things are straightened out. Heh, even Ed comments that they haven't had that mistake for a while. Later, Kimbley contacts Furher President King Bradley and informs him about Fullmetal being at Briggs. The Furher decides it's time to warn them again and the military contacts Winry in Rush Valley.

And that's where the story ends for this month. If you want to read, dl it at ZOMG Fruit Tree Alchemist.com

3. Flametwister

Flametwister Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    I've read up to book 11/12 (whichever was most recently released ? I can't remember!), but I've been impressed with how consistantly good the plotting and character have been. I've read many manga series, and most start to go "downhill" at some point, but so far FMA has been remarkably good.

The one downswing is her introducing things and then letting them hang. For example, Hoenheim ? he was introduced in the beginning of the latest book, then disappeared from the plot. I don't doubt he'll show up again, though. (Don't spoil me, please!).

4. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Wow...someone actually posted here besides me. I had given up hope on this thread until I just stumbled upon this thread here.

To address your concern about introduced threads left hangining, with what Arakawa recently did with a character finally re-introduced (not Hohenheim) in Ch 70, and looking back and seeing all the hints that she laid along the way that would have been otherwise oblivious, I think she's got things well under control. It's a 'just a matter of time' sort of thing, or so I hope.

Hiromu's done a wonderful job so far; I just hope she doesn't leave us disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.