main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN EU Discussion Thread v. 2 - LOTF, KotOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, Legacy and more! (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    It's about time...

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    LOL, BJ. Bail and Obi-Wan are fighting like an old married couple in this book, it kind of funny. I see what you're saying about Bail, though. He's much more laid back in this book.

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Uh... Okay.

These are the new Fate of the Jedi covers. Luke on the front, Ben on the back... alrighty then.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/news20090108/backcover_bg.jpg] [image=http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/news20090108/cover_bg.jpg]

Yeah.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    What the...?

When did UT get involved in the GFFA?

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Rhondaroo: Yep... much more laid back... I don't ship that way but, I have friends that do and they are
    having a field day with the Wild Space goodness.... [face_sick] My Obi doesn't swing that way...

That is an interesting cover... Curious. I don't know if I'm excited about this new series... I just hope it
    is good...

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
  7. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Yay for the preview! :D

I read Wild Space last weekend while manning Lin's table at ShadowCon. It was a fun read. I have to admit that some of the Obi/Bail stuff towards the end lost my interest, but the A/P and the Obi/Padme interaction was great. I'm excited to see what we get next from Karen Miller.

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Nicki,

Looks like we get a Big Damn Vader Book, like Traci's Big Damn Luke Book.

Star Wars: The Complete Vader

About this Book

Format:Hardcover

Published:eek:ctober 27, 2009

Dimensions:192 Pages, 0 x 0 x 0 in

Publisher:Random House Publishing Group

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
    ISBN - 10:0345511042
    ISBN - 13:9780345511041
    From the Publisher
    Dark Horse presents the definitive guide to Star Wars comics, complete with in-depth coverage all the way through Episode III Written by Ryder Windham, Star Wars expert, and densely illustrated with both brand-new art and classic images from the comics, this chronological compendium contains everything you need to be the ultimate Star Wars reader in-the-know. Follow Anakin Skywalker's descent into darkness, from his early days as a padawan, to his harrowing Clone Wars battles, up through his transformation and eventual death as Darth Vader. Get complete details on the exploits of Luke and Leia, Han and Chewie, and all the rest of the gang, with thorough rundowns of classic Star Wars history, from the very beginnings of the jedi order, no character goes unmentioned and no quadrant goes unmapped.

9. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    WOOT!!

Want that one.

Lin, babe, you know what to get me for Christmas. [face_batting] :*

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow... First Luke... Now Vader... Where's the big damn Anakin book????

Oh well... Skywalkers first I guess... No, wait... Anakin was a Skywalker... WTF???

The Luke on is actually a really neat book... So, I'm kind of looking forward to the Vader one...

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    W00t! I posted in her author thread. I hope Knight Ander gets embarrassed about his Fan Fic rant. (See the Lit Wild Space thread)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I got all happy and thought Karen Traviss had returned to the boards. I forgot we had another Karen writing in the GFFA!

14. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    So I've been out of the loop with the books because of training, how many series have they done since Legacy of the Force.

I'm curious what you guys are thinking about the KOTOR series since the finale to the whole 'padawan killer' story arc. I've enjoyed these last few about the pit racing but I don't think they are quite as good as the earlier issues. Thoughts?

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Tim!! Welcome back, man! [:D]

Fate of the Jedi is the series next up after LotF and only the first book ?Outcast? has come out so far.

The ?padawan killer? arc was awesome and the story does have a different feel to it now, but I think it?s a good and natural progression since the characters have been through some life-changing events. I?ve enjoyed the shorter stories since Vindication - gives us a chance to catch our breath before the next big arc. :cool:

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Look at Ben!!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/news20090615/backlash_img.jpg]

He's all growed up. [face_love]

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Why is Paul Stanley from KISS on the cover of the latest SW book?

18. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    So I' m reading the KOTOR comics. Can anyone convince me that they're not rather dull?

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I enjoyed them, Ben. How far into the series are you?

20. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    On issue 20 something now. It's gotten a bit better, though the central characters are still forgettable. Nice seeing the nods to the games, like Griff Vao, Brejik and Gadon Thek.

Too bad there's been no Bastila, Canderous Ordo (he could easily have been fitted in rather than the whatshisname Mandalorian), and a distinct shortage of Revan so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.