main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Even More of Requiem for a Padawan: A Jedi Apprentice Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jan 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    I can make it work. Just lemme whack it a couple times.

Too bad my thread isn?t a television set

Hey everyone. Well, it appears that the second incarnation of Requiem for a Padawan is having some problems due to its size since the newest posts don?t show up for days or at all. I can?t see the new posts either, although it?s not as much as a problem for me because I know if I?ve posted or not So here?s the new thread. I was afraid that I would have to do this; I feel kinda stupid for having to start a new thread so close to the end, but that?s my own fault for not posting sooner redface.gif Bad Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi! Bad!

As before, the rest of the story, Chapters 1-22, can be found right here: Forum9/HTML/001120.html Forum9/HTML/001120.html Once again, thank you for all your support I really enjoy all of your comments I couldn?t have made it to this many pages without you guys; it means a lot to me. I am also sincerely flattered that there was enough concern about this problem to start a thread on it. Thank you so very much. Finally, I wouldn?t dare to show up at this late date without more story. I am very, very, very sorry about the delay I?ve been busy in my *cough* ?real life? *cough*, but I know that?s no excuse. Anyway, here?s Chapter 23. Now there?s only one chapter left to go in this story. And if I make you wait 3 weeks for the conclusion, you have my permission to have me dragged out into the street and shot

2. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    No one should be left alone.

Chapter Twenty Three

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn held his Padawan Learner as Obi-Wan Kenobi quickly fell asleep, supporting his Apprentice while he prevented him from collapsing onto the carpeted floor of the transport?s living room. Once he was sure that Obi-Wan was no longer conscious, Qui-Gon lightly picked up his Padawan and moved towards the self-contained quarters? bedroom. As he traveled through the kitchen, he glanced down at his Apprentice and frowned. Even without using the Force, Obi-Wan was surprisingly easy to carry. He was light, much lighter than he should have been as the adult that he was. He?s so thin, Qui-Gon mused in amazement once again while he entered the room that Obi-Wan had slept in earlier. Too thin. I can?t believe he actually starved himself. The Jedi Master shook his head. Two months. My Force. Did he really stop eating completely? It appears so. When he start? Right after he was expelled from the Temple? Later? Does Obi-Wan know how much weight he?s lost? Did he know he was doing this to himself? Did he choose to do this? Or was he too depressed to notice that he was wasting away, too dejected to care about himself anymore? Qui-Gon sighed softly. Obi-Wan.........why? The Jedi Master gently set his Padawan on the bed on the right side of the room, placing Obi-Wan?s head on top of the pillows after retrieving some of them from the floor and covering him with the emerald and violet blankets that he had scattered earlier during Hide and Go Seek. After moving a few feet away from the bed, Qui-Gon stood with his arms folded across his chest, allowing himself a small smile when Obi-Wan didn?t curl his body up under the covers. The younger Jedi lazily stretched out along the length of the bed, murmuring slightly in his sleep as he wrapped the blankets around himself and sank into them. He?s not rocking back and forth either, Qui-Gon observed appreciatively. He is sleeping normally. Good. Very good. Yes, he is better. Much better.

Obi-Wan is sane again.

It had worked. The Jedi Master had been able to shatter Obi-Wan?s joy, and breaking that happiness had allowed his Apprentice?s personality to reemerge and take control of his mind again. As he watched over Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon reached out to the Force and confirmed what he already knew about his Padawan, that his Apprentice was no longer psychotic. The life that might have been Obi-Wan?s wasn?t a possibility anymore; with his mind intact, he would not have to be subjected to an endless stream of treatments and continuously supervised for the rest of his existence. Obi-Wan?s presence felt normal again, having switched from the altered and simply wrong state that had existed when he had not been himself to the same normal mind set that he had had in all the six years that Qui-Gon had known him. And there wasn?t any indication that it would change again, that it wasn?t just the end result of the internal turmoil that Obi-Wan had been through. Yes, it worked, Qui-Gon thought, eternally grateful that Obi-Wan?s sanity had been restored. It worked. Thank the Force. Obi-Wan is mentally sound now. I didn?t know if what I tried would have any effect, but it did. He is in right mind again; he can think as a nineteen year old. Taking action was the correct decision; it was right not to wait. I don?t know what would have happened to him the longer he would have been in that state. As evident through his behavior, Obi-Wan had interpreted his surroundings in a manner that made sense to him but not to Qui-Gon. He had thought that everything was normal, that playing games with his Master, watching the pretty things that he could see, and constantly laughing was what his life was supposed to be like. I still can?t believe it. Obi-Wan was so happy then. He had accepted it completely. Totally. Would he have remembered anything else by the time we reached the Temple? Would the rest of Obi-Wan have disappeared by then? It?s entirely possible that once we arrived at Coruscant, he wouldn?t

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    This isn't the end, is it?

This story haunts me...

4. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    No, that isn't the end. There's one more chapter to go

5. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, where is it?

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Wow.....<sighs>.....so only one more chapter to go? And (sort of) a promise to not make us wait three more weeks? Wow.....<sighs>....

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Great that was. Wonderful writer you be, JOWK. Love your stories I do, but long you take to write them. Wish I do that we could read the entire story at once.

Now update will you Tomb of Souls?

That was great!!

8. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Thank you soooo much! That was great! But please don't make us wait too long for the next chapter!

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Wow, that was beautiful. This is one of those stories that I want to go on forever.

One more chapter you say? I look forward to it.

What'cha gonna write after that?

10. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Keep up the wonderful work JOWK. Too bad it has to end soon.

11. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    That was great!
    One more chapter? Too bad this all has to end.
    But don't let that stop you from posting REEEEEAAAALLLLL soon.

12. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Please let everything be all right with the world. I feel so bad for both boys.

(a small tear runs down her face)

13. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    That was wounderful!!!!
    I'm so happy...but not insanely happy Thank God for that!!

Can't wait for the next chatper...and you had better belive, JOWK, that I will take you up on your offer to let us drag you out into the street and shoot you if it takes another three weeks!!!! No threat intended by the way.

That's all I have to say for now, can't wait for more. Bye, bye

14. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    WHAT? EIGHT HOURS without a new chapter? Tsssssssssssssssssss................... You'll never learn, will you?

That was great, but finish it quick. Then, we need prequels, sequels, different versions from the point of view of single characters (one RFAP from QG's POV, one from OB1's, one from Mikel's, one on a purely third-person POV,etc. ).

15. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    PS:
    Re: Sith Vegeta's Post
    Threat intended, by the way.

16. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    Please post the next chapter soon!!!

17. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    I'm off to do some actual homework.
    But when I get back, there BETTER be a chapter posting. *narrowing eyes menacingly*

18. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Yea! A post! Will we get to see Obi-Wan awake and aware before the end?

19. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    This is a great story, and I almost hate to see it end, but, JOWK, please post soon. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!

20. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    As usual JOWK, you leave us in awe. Beautifully written, you get right into the hearts and minds of these charcaters, their joys and pains. (Why does the story have to end?) --AWK

21. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    JOWK, all that I can say is thank you. I can't wait for the next chapter. Please post soon!

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    This is a paramount piece of fiction. Every nuance of every feeling of every character is captured so perfectly, so plausibly, that I forget who I am and start to believe instead that I am Qui-Gon, or Obi-Wan, or even Mikel. The descent of Obi-Wan into clinical depression, a suicidal state, and finally happy insanity, then back to normality again, is described so incredibly realistically that it amazes me anew each time I read it, and that has been several times now. The mystery is also perfect; why is Obi-Wan away from the temple, what happened, whodunnit, will Mikel reach him or will Qui-Gon prevent it in time--just plain perfect.

I bow before the master storyteller.

23. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I went to the the little thing that you said had 1-22. I only saw the it to the place where Obi and Qui run into each other. Is that the end of 22? Or are there more chapters after it?

This is all that I've seen posted. Is there still some missing?

24. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Please post again soon! This is a great ending! I almost cried along with Qui-Gon...

Trika Kenobi

25. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    It's been over 24 hours, where is the new chapter?!?!

You would think that after leaving us hanging for this long JOWK wouldn't push her luck again.

All we can do is wait and pray. I'm doing both. How 'bout you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.