main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Sir Alec was 62 when they filmed ANH

2. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    EWAN is awesome, hope they can get a spot for him.

Valairy Scot and Veloz like this.
  3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Alright, follow me on this one, EU Haters won't like it. RIPTIDE SPOILERS.
    In Riptide, a random Jedi named Jaden Korr chases down clones of Luke, Kam, Kyle, Luminaya, Mara, and a few others. However there is another clone, that is a clone of Jaden, however it is revealed that Jaden Korr himself is a clone, But who he is a clone of is not revealed. Combined with the upcoming Kenobi book and Kemp's top secret duology... I believe that Jaden Korr is a clone of Obi Wan with no memory of his genetic template. You could have Ewan McGregor play a minor character in the back ground, and when fans are like was that young Obi Wan, you can be like, no that is his Jedi clone...

4. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Are you being serious?

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I honestly don't know. All I stated as fact is fact, Jaden Korr is a clone of an unknown Force User. It is stated on Wookieepedia, he was created in 1 ABY, only human Jedi hanging around about this time are Luke (already has a clone), Obi Wan (just died/but maybe his robe had hair on it, and they DNA cloned him).

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jaden Korr

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ewan McGregor/Obi Wan

7. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I would not touch a movie with anything near a story like that. Was that in a book? Sound's like a 12 year old wrote it as part of a creative writing project in English class!

8. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I think Obi-Wan's role as Luke's mentor was finished with the OT. No need to bring him back.
    If they do and somehow make it fit, then sure, Ewan is the best candidate (shouldn't be hard to make him look older). I mean, if they can change Dumbledores due to the death of the actor... At least Ewan played Obi-Wan before and could practically channel Sir Alec in ROTS.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    At least Ewan sounds as though he's keen to do more SW, Portman likely wouldn't go within 3 miles of the set and Hayden had so much hate he might stay away.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You will never see Portman again, but Hayden might just for the pay check if nothing else.
    Though I can imagine the general fan reaction as

11. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Sometimes I want Hayden to appear just because I know it's going to annoy the haters.

12. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    If they can age him to make him look like Alec Guinness, then why not?

Veloz likes this.
  13. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Annoy fans of good acting you mean?

14. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    It nearly killed Natalie Portman's career, that's saying something as she is a great actress, who was made to sound like a robot with that dialogue!

TheMasterOfSoresu likes this.
  15. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    There was good acting in the OT? :D (British blokes don't count).

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  16. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Come on, Portman didn't even try half of the time (Christensen at least had a few great moments, like confession). Christopher Lee's lines are rather trite but he somehow makes it work.

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Thats because British actors and American actors in how they approach there charachter roles is slightly different. I forget the terminology of what each style is.

18. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    A bit of a generalisation there chief!

19. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    British actors were always better at dealing with GL's dialogue (as well as bluescreen). The exception is Billy Dee Williams and JEJ, of course. Ford always complained and Carrie Fisher still makes fun of her lines if you listen the commentary track. I think Mark could actually be very good at that now that he's done so much VO work.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    How can you try when you have got lines about getting home early and fixing up the baby's room!

21. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well that's a radical interpretation of the facts, to say the least. The prequels were her college job. They were her bartending years . Now she's got another franchise, a degree from Harvard, a Golden Globe, and an Oscar. I don't think she's sweating prequel critics.

edit: the Wachowskis project changed leads, forgot.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    A little bit. Its not in a bad way either but there are different types of acting and being a charachter

23. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Yes there was good acting in the OT as the actors could deliver their lines without sounding like robot's. Droids and most X-Wing pilot's aside!

24. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Annoy hateboys like you.

25. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    Including Ewan as a hologram of Obi from the past is one of the worst ideas I've heard so far.