main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Expanded Universe

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Jedi_Natalie, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    They have said that in the future they would consider doing card sets from the expanded universe after they have finished with all the movies. If they got to the point where they decided to do a set on the New Jedi Order (Which I think would be sooo awesome!!) where would it fall? The Yuuzhan Vong can hardly be called the Dark Side since they exist outside of the force and being neutral might be bad since we will never see the Vong fighting with the light side (except maybe the shamed ones). So do you think by that time they would consider making a new deck type? I think this would add a new dimension to the game - beyond light and dark. Or do you think that by that time you could make a powerful enough neutral deck? Right now there are just to many weak neutral cards to even try a neutral deck.

I'm excited to see that Mara Jade won the make a card contest hands down. Maybe that will show wizards the interest there is in having EU cards. And I'm all for them making cards of vehicles/characters that are never seen in the movie or were cut out but were theoretically there (Like Tyranus with 2 sabers).

I hope wizards will do what Decipher did by getting models to play the part of a character in the books. I think there is such an EU following that this would not only add to the game but to the saga.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    A Third Side... Wow even i didnt think of that, that would allow so many new ideas, would also allow for a more interesting gameplay, maybe even 3 player games.

Also with neuteral units were starting to see better cards for them, we have some neuteral hans, chewies, a falcon, a few aliens are neuteral and a lot of mission and battles are neuteral, but i think maybe some neuteral Jedi or Sith and Pilots would bring forth the Neuteral Decks.

3. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Theres an idea. Kyp Durron and his followers (Kyps Dozen) would be a good example of having neutral Jedi. That would be a good idea. There are many jedi who are not necessarily siding with Luke or who are following their own paths (like Saba and her barabel squadron). I can see it now.....

4. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    I dont read much EU so i dont really know whom your talking about, but i read the first few NJO books and think that it would be interesting having a new side, theres even some Empire remenants in it, so there wont be a void for the dark side.

5. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah because then you could have Admiral Thrawn (pre-NJO), Palleon, Chimaera (Super Star Destroyer), Prince Xizor, Guri, Ysanne Isard, The resurrected Emperor, the spirit of Exar Kun, Jag Fel and the 181st (from the remnant).

These are just a few examples of Non-NJO dark side/neutral that you could have.

Ooh I got another idea. What if they made the third side something like a combination of the governments that try to usurp(sp?) the New Republic: Imperial remnant, Yuuzhan Vong and others. Then they could make it possible for a neutral deck including: Black Sun, Hutt Crime Organizations, stronger Bounty Hunter cards.

Something along those lines would be interesting.

6. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    What i think they will do is bring out the movies as they are doing now, then they might go back and do some of the older sets with the new abilities, and also the new card type coming in ESB, then i think they will head into EU, Prob NJO first because of popularity

7. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah I think we are looking about 4 years in the future here :) .

8. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    well 3 expansions a year, 2 per movie, so this year we get JG and ESB, next year we get Cloud city, ROTJ and BOE, the next year it will be 2 ep 3 ones and maybe then NJO

9. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    hmm no Battle of Hoth? (heheh guess it'll be in ESB.. tis a short battle)

10. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    They mught have BOH but thats my predictions

11. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah they will probably do Cloud City since they did one expansion that was a big battle and then they've got to do endor with rotj otherwise it would have to be jabbas palace. So to give things a wider range i'm betting on Cloud City.

12. annakinstarkiller

annakinstarkiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2003
    That would be interesting and cool. They could do something like Decipher did with Darth Maul. He is niether light or dark, he is simply, Darth Maul. They could do that with the Vong and simply make them, Vong. How that would incorporate into a deck I have no idea. It was just a useless thought.

13. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I would like to see a Dash Rendar card.

14. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
  15. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    I want to see some PRE-EP1 one stuff, Like Darth Bane, and the Sith Wars Era Sith and Jedi.

Dooky

16. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ooh yah now thats an era not covered much by anything but comics. It would be great to see that fleshed out a big and they would already have images to work with.

17. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.