main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Experimentation...

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by Jager_Vex, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jager_Vex

Jager_Vex Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    hey all,
    as some of you already know, i have started work on my costume for the movie premier.
    i sculpted a face plate that i am rather proud of, but am looking to experiment with different materials to make a finished product.
    i wanted to make the finished face plate out of latex rubber, but sadly i don't have the money to buy the materials that i need.
    i want to start working with latex rubber and mold making for resin "replica's" of the star wars ...and other "movie" type of weapons and sculptures.
    i was wondering if anyone would be interested in "investing" in or "donating" to my new endeavour, which would be VERY fruitful once i get the knack of the craft (which will probably take about 3 days ...LOL). i want to start a "business" of making statues (like the ones you see in the warner bros. studio store) and movie "replica's" of weapons and props. i've been wanting to make 12" statues of all the batman animated series characters (old and new).
    if anyone is willing to help me out and if they buy the materials, i can make stuff for them in return for their help.
    my first BIG task is tackling a full stormtrooper uniform.
    i'm also going to start looking into learning small electronics and stuff so i can make "working" props.
    this is something that i've wanted to do for a LONG time, but was never confident enough to do. but after seeing my work yesterday, i'm REALLY getting the "itch" to have a go at it.
    so if any of you are interested, please post a thread reply and/or email me at wynterfire@hotmail.com (i changed my email address to hotmail cause lycos sucks ...but am still using my lycos accounts till i filter them to hotmail.).
    oh and BTW, if i get done with my costume in time and anyone else needs something for theirs, i'd be happy to see if i can whip something up for it.

thanks....JV
    (Troy)

p.s. if anyone has any blueprints of weapons from star wars and they can give me a copy of them, it would help. (i want to first make a replica of a stormtrooper rifle).

2. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I think you should do what the rennaissance artists did...take on a patron!....Of course, back then people could "own" people, but since that 13th ammendment thing, being a patron has kinda' lost it's proprietary appeal...Best to look for somebody or corporation (darn, you should have gotten to Enron before everything happenned) who's looking for a ridiculous tax write-off. Of course, the way the economy has been, no one has to "fake" financial losses! Good luck in your quest! I'll always contribute where I'll can! :)

-Axe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.