main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eyes Can Deceive, JA AU, 5/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheSwedishJedi, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I haven't read it yet either! I can't find it anywhere! Grrr...

Anyways, WE NEED MORE!!!!! :D

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    So they're off to Bandomeer. ;) I wonder what Qui-Gon will say when he discovers Obi is on the ship too? At least, I am supposing that Obi will also go to Bandomeer. I am curious how you will get him on the ship, will he have a fight with Bruck or will his time just be up?

Ani-rhymes-with-Pansy sorry to dissapoint you, but I found little mush in JA16. (Drat it all) But don't give up hope yet, I am hoping for a little something in JA17. It may be false hope, but I am going to continue hoping anyway. ;) Thank goodness for fanfic, otherwise many of us would be quivering mushless wrecks. ;)

3. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Wait, don't tell me about #16. I haven't read it yet.

Almost to Bandomeer. Well, to the ship anyway.

Obi-Wan made his way down the Temple hallway. He felt much better now that he had gotten some sleep. Plus everything ?looked? better in the morning, Bant said ?in the sunshine? but Obi-Wan couldn?t tell either way. All he knew was that he still had almost four weeks left and as long as there was hope there was a chance his dreams could come true.

He was between classes and was hoping to find Bant or Garen for lunch. He turned the corner, only paying a little attention to the Force around him, and ran into something solid. He rebounded and ended up on the floor.

?Well, if it isn?t Oafy-Wan.? Obi-Wan cringed at the voice. Great, just what he needed.

?Sorry, Bruck. I wasn?t paying attention. I?ll get out of your way now.? Obi-Wan got up only to get pushed down again.

?Oh, don?t leave just yet, Oafy.?

Obi-Wan gritted his teeth. ?Bruck, I need to go.?

?What?s the hurry, Oafy-Wan??

?Bruck?.?

?Did you think you could get away with beating me like that? You made me look a fool in front of the Masters.? Obi-Wan heard a snap-hiss. He could feel the anger rolling off the other boy.

?One of us had to lose Bruck.?

?It was supposed to be you.? The hiss came closer. ?Now get up and fight.?

Obi-Wan moved his hands to feel for the wall and used it to pull himself up. ?I?m not going to fight you, Bruck.?

The other boy growled. ?Then you are a coward. You?re not meant to be a Jedi.?

Obi-Wan held back his anger, but barely. ?At least I act like one.?

He barely made it out of the way as the lightsaber sliced at the wall where his head had been. He stumbled to the floor and rolled away from the following sword. Obi-Wan scrambled down the hall on hands and knees, fumbling to get his own lightsaber out. He got it in his hand, flipped around brought it up in time to block the next slash.

Fury raged through him as he surged to his feet. Why was Bruck doing this? What had he ever done to him? Didn?t he know that Obi-Wan had less chance to be picked then him?
    He pushed his anger down though; knowing it wouldn?t help him any. When he had something like peace he reached out to the Force and let it guide him like it always did.

The Force, as always, didn?t let him down and the blind boy ducked and blocked as Bruck attacked again.

Par, block, twist, block, spin, kick, block.

The duel continued in the and down the hall. In-between classes, the halls were empty and no one stopped them. Obi-Wan kept his anger just barely in control, knowing that since he used the Force not only to know when his opponent would stick but also to simply ?see? around him, he couldn?t afford to give in to it.

But Bruck quickly too realized that he couldn?t fight with his rage let it go as much as he could. He pushed hard on Obi-Wan, hoping to make the other make a error, but it was useless. The blind boy just wouldn?t make a mistake.

Finally after both boys exhausted, bruised and bleeding slightly from the small cuts they had managed to get in, they both stood back. Obi-Wan was breathing hard, listening to the Force.

?You?ll never be a Jedi.? Bruck sneered. Then, clicking his lightsaber off, turned and strode away.

4. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Uuuummmmmmmmmm where is the rest of it. Bruck is such a moron. He should know that Obi-Wan could kick his arse any day. With or without eyesight.

post please. I'm down on my knees.

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    (Jacinta organizes mob) BEAT UP BRUCK! BEAT UP BRUCK!

wait, anger is of the dark side. Drat it all. :_|

Bruck's a jerk, Obi didn't want to fight, I hope that Obi gets a chance to kick his stupid butt.

Anyway, good post, post soon!

So Swedish Jedi.....what did you think of my title idea?

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh I hope Bruck gets what he deserves real soon! :mad: Git...

More soon right Swede? :D

7. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    (turns to Darkside, and beats Bruck unconscious.
    Is redeemed back to the Light by the smell of chocolate) :D Well, someone had to do it.

8. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    LOL, twilight

great post!!!

9. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    Oooh, that Bruck! he's gonna get a swift kick in the butt from a few people around here! What the heck is he thinking? At least Obi is keeping his calm. I would have snapped and force-slapped Bruck a long time ago!

10. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Well... If Bruck is going to die...

But Swede, you could have Obi save Bruck's life and Bruck became a fair Jedi Padawan. No one beats Obi. :)

11. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    LOL TK. Yes, chocolate can do that. :D

Wow, everyone seems to suddenly not like Bruck. <whispers to the white haired boy> I think you should run. You can't really die yet. <Bruck nodded nervously and takes off.>

Jacinta, hmmm, I think the title could work.

Obi-Wan walked slowing down the ship hallway, close to the wall. It had been a day since his fight with Bruck. He had returned to his quarters only to have a Knight give him a message later that he was being transferred to the Agri-Corps on Bandomeer. He found out later that Bruck had gone straight to the healers and pretending to be more hurt then he really was, told them that he, Obi-Wan, had beaten him up. That one act had basically sealed his fate from being a Jedi. The Council had decided that he was too reckless and would never be picked in the four weeks he left.

Obi-Wan sniffed then pushed his shame and grief to the back of his mind.

He was almost hugging the wall as he walked, one hand tailing along, helping him find his way. His bag was clenched in his other hand and his heart was thudding in his chest. He knew the Temple halls inside and out but the Monument, the ship bring him to his new home, was huge and unknown. And had no idea where he was going.

Though he wasn?t actively using the Force, he had been trained to use it to ?see? since before he could walk that it was second nature now. He didn?t even need to think about it anymore.

Obi-Wan swallowed. He didn?t even know where his room was. No one had been there to meet him. He continued to walk when he heard a voice from behind him.

?Where do you think you?re going, slug??

Obi-Wan turned slightly in surprise and puzzlement. Casting out with the Force he encountered three beings heading toward him. The biggest he sensed was a Hutt while the two to the sides he thought were Whiphids. He wasn?t sure though because he had only meet the species once or twice.

?Huh? Um, B-Bandomeer.? He said softly.

There was a scraping/slithering sound on the melt floor as the Hutt moved closer.

?That?s not a ship?s uniform you?re wearing, and you?re not Offworld.?

Obi-Wan had no idea what they were talking about. Offworld? Uniform? Though he couldn?t see what color he was wearing, Bant told him it was gray, the tunic he was wearing was loose and certainly no uniform.

?He must be from that other outfit.? A different voice said. Must be one of the Whiphids.

?Maybe he?s a spy.? Said a third voice. ?What?s he got in those bags, you think? Bombs??

Before Obi-Wan could argue, he sensed the Hutt move closer. Hot, foul breath blew in his face. He tried not to back up and gag.

?Any miner,? The Hutt said, ?who doesn?t work for Offworld is the enemy.? He shook Obi-Wan roughly. ?You, slug, are an enemy. And we don?t allow the enemy on Offworld turf.?

A large slimy hand fastened around Obi-Wan?s throat. They tightened, choking and Obi-Wan dropped his bag. He dug his own fingers in the Hutt?s hand, trying to get air to his burning lungs. With all his strength he managed to get his neck free long enough to gasp for fresh air.

?Leave me? alone.? He wheezed. He let the Force carry the command, to change the Hutt?s mind, but it did no good. With a sudden horror, he realized he was all alone. This wasn?t like fighting another student. There were no rules here, no Yoda to call it off. It was only him. And he obviously wasn?t enough.

?Leave you alone? Why?? The Hutt chuckled with cruel amusement.

A sudden fist found his stomach and Obi-Wan lost what little air he had. Harsh laughing circled around him as a darkness that had nothing to do with sight closed in on him. Obi-Wan wheezed and he struggled to draw a breath.

Then another fist contacted and he felt nothing.

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    cool!

poor obi!

glad you liked the title! It just came to me, and I was like, OOOH, I've gotta put that down!

13. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    I just thought of something that made me extremely depressed... Obi doesn't know what a hottie he is! *Sniff* :(

Anyway, more soon please! :D

14. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL KENOBISGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

15. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    That is depressing KenobisGirl lol
    and Swede great story! I can't believe I never saw it on the board before.
    Felicia Z.

16. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Now you make me worry about Obi-Wan...and I can't focus when I am worry...and I have a final art project and 3 essays to do...oh, I think I am depress now.

Poor, poor Obi. I hope you are not seriously injured. Where are you Qui-Gon? Obi-Wan needs you.

More soon?

17. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL KenobisGirl! [face_laugh]

*chants* Give us more blind Obi-Wan. Give us more blind Obi-Wan. Give us more blind Obi-Wan. :D

x Clare x

18. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    Oooh, I liked this better then the book! Please say that Qui will save him.

19. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Love the plot. Love the story. Love the characterization. In other words I love the whole thing.

20. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    what padawan3 said :D

(giant foot comes down and squishes giant slug) Hehehe - I'm cruel; but it's a universally known FACT that only
    fans,
    writers,
    and GL get to hurt Obi.
    Any characters who thus hurt him are not entitled to compensation for any injuries sustained from the Fangirl Force(FF)
    ;)

ps - like the new title (giant thumbs up)

21. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    claps at twilight as she squashes Jabba

you go girl!!!!

Great post

uh, more soon right????

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Although it follows Jude watsons book very closely{except for the blindness}I can not wait for another post.PEACE Ewen

23. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    [face_blush] :) Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you like it.

LOL KenobisGirl He may not be able to see, but he can still 'see'. Understand? And when (if) Qui-Gon wises up, they both get a pleasant surprise.

Ok, just so I don't get arrested or anything (just in case), Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon aren't mine and I am going off of the JA books. The books are Dave Wolverton and Jude Waston. I'm merely doing my own version. And only for a few books.

Now that that's done, on with the story. Oh, this is also a long post.
    Obi-Wan groaned as he opened his eyes. Force, what happened? Oh yeah. Hall. Hutt. Fist. Note to self, stay away from all over grown slugs with bad attitudes. So where was he now? He cast out with the Force, pushing back the migraine pounded in head, and sensed someone else in the room. He concentrated and opened his eyes. Of course the view didn?t change.

?Well, good afternoon. Didn?t anyone ever tell you not to tangle with a Hutt.? The voice was female and sounded rather nice.

Obi-Wan tried to shake his head but it only caused fireworks in his head. He took a deep breath. He used his Jedi training to accept the pain then release it to the Force. Then he started a lit healing technique.

Once he was done with that and was sure that talking wouldn?t cause further pain spoke back. ?I didn?t seem to have a choice.?

?I know what you mean.? He heard her move closer. ?Are you alright? You?re eyes??

?I?m blind.? Obi-Wan said softly. There was a pause and he heard a soft gasp. Obi-Wan turned his head away. He never wanted people?s pity.

?I?m sorry. I? didn?t know.?

?Its not you?re fault.?

There was another sigh. ?Well, with that in mind, your surviving a run in with a Hutt is even more surprising. You?re lucky I found you when I did. You?re not one of ours.?

?Ours?? Obi-Wan asked as he turned back to the voice.

?We?re the Arcona Mineral Harvest Corporation,? The women said with a hint of pride. ?If you don?t work for us, why did Offworld beat you??

Obi-Wan shrugged and pain ripped down his shoulder. He held back a groan. ?You tell me. I was looking for my cabin.?

The other gave a chuckle. ?You?re a tough one. Not everyone could withstand a pounding by a Hutt. Did you come on board looking for a job? We could use you at Arcona Harvest. By the way, I?m Clat?Ha, chief operations manager.? Obi-Wan was surprised. She sounded so young.

?Have a job.? He breathed. ?I?m Obi-Wan Kenobi. I?m with the Agricultural Corps.?
    The young Jedi easily felt Clat?Ha?s surprise.

?You?re the young Jedi? The ship?s crew has been looking everywhere for you.?

Figures. He probably missed them when he was boarding. He moved then tried to sit up. But a firm hand held him down.

?Stay put. You?re not ready to get up yet.?

Obi-Wan stopped and laid back down. The pounding in his head and the fire in his stomach were agreeing with her.

?Good luck to you, Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Clat?Ha continued. ?Watch yourself. You?ve stepped into a middle of a war. You?re lucky to be alive. You wouldn?t be so lucky next time.?
    He heard her leave but Obi-Wan stopped her.

?Wait. I don?t understand. What war??

?Offworld war.? Clat?Ha answered. ?You must have heard of them.?

Obi-Wan shook his head slowly. He hadn?t heard much of the outside universe while at the Temple.

The women quickly explained that Offworld was a rich and powerful mining company that had a problem with competition. It also seemed that no one knew who ran the company though Hutts where one of the main head ?men?. Jemba was the main Hutt on the ship. As Clat?Ha talked about the Hutt Obi-Wan picked up her uneasiness in the Force and her voice.

?Why are you afraid?? He asked when she stopped.

Clat?Ha paused. ?There?s rumors that Jemba ordered a mining complex to be sabotaged. A quarter million people were killed. But no one can prove that he really did it.?

?Maybe it was an accident.? Obi-Wan offered softly.

The women laughed but there was little mirth in it. ?Maybe. But accidents fol

24. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    How is Obi going to get arould the ship? And *Sith* I forgot... OH! Ok well, at least since Obi is blind he will not be leaving the Order for a redhead. *no offese to anyone with red hair*

25. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Good postie! This is awesome! :)

More soon please! :D

Note to self, stay away from all over grown slugs with bad attitudes. Oh, I thought that line was funny! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.