main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Facebook Timeline is now semi-forced!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by DragonLove76, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    At present, I don't watch anything on YouTube unless linked to it. I used to watch it rather a lot. Several hours a week, probably. At least in part while doing other stuff.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I very much like the Facebook timeline.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I like the new layout. Particularly the option of a 'cover image'.

4. Yodasbadgirl2

Yodasbadgirl2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2011
    I really really don't care. ITS FACEBOOK! :p

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Haven't even been bothered with Facebook for a few years now. Too many real people on it.

6. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    You commented on a link on your wall 12 minutes ago. Apparently controversy does increase traffic.

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  9. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I don't have timeline yet, but I've seen it and hate it. I need my blocky linearity, dangit!

10. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    That post gave me a headache

11. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Should I be completely incensed about this?

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I laugh in the face of Timeline! Facebook has it wrong! Time is not a strict progression of cause to effect, it's - from a non-linear, non-subjective, viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
  14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    [face_love]

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Seconded. It's 2 profile images for the price of 1, it's ******* great. Also, I like having the ability to go back to stuff I posted years ago.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    MySpace.

And Timeline doesn't really change anything. Just adds a cover photo, and makes two colums on your page instead of one, and it's easier to look at your old posts (tho that's always been possible). The other changes have been much bigger.

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Doesn't seem to have happened to me yet. Layout changes just tkae getting used to.
    I'm not that bothered by it really, I'm much more annoyed by the side feed on the homepage that lets you see everything anyone does. I know I can get rid of it, but I've changed settings and I can't stop others from seeing much of what I do.
    One friend said they were fed up of seeing everything that I "liked" all the time, but I can't figure out how to stop anyone from seeing that stuff. I don't want to go through every page or group seperately and change the settings or change viewer settings for each of my friends because that is tedious.

19. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I'm not gonna say I like the Timeline...its one of the most unfriendly layout imo, but its not good getting worked up over it. I just wish facebook would give its users the power to choose..I'm more upset that I activated it by accident.

20. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    still no forced timeline for me... [face_dancing]

21. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I like the timeline better than what they had before.

In other news, facebook is going public. Who's gonna jump on the train and try to make some money?

Evil.

22. AmiraMalicious

AmiraMalicious Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2011
    Embrace the new layout, it allows for a more personalized profile.
    My cover photo:

23. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    I've been changed over to Timeline for the last 6wks now - I love it.

It's funny, all the people I know who have changed over to it early are either working in the creative industry, or are peeps that I consider to be particularly creative otherwise.

As for 'why change it', well, I'm guessing they think that it is an improvement - otherwise why risk losing your user-base - but also, change is good in an industry where standing still can be perceived as going stale.

Plus, life doesn't stand still, it keeps changing. Embrace the change.

-JR :)

24. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Continuously hitting 'older posts' to get to something from even 3 months ago was a pain in the ass. I, for one, welcome our new timeline overlords.

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I rather like the look of it as well. I wish they'd redo the main page to have it be more chronologically based, the was it works now, if you follow a sports team, for example, you sometimes get a post about an upcoming game with the result of that game further down the page.

The concern with the timeline is that it puts so much more of your info up front for people to see, but you can edit the things on the timeline to avoid that problem.

What people should really be incensed about is how FB still runs roughshod over people's privacy rights. Their data retention policy is obscene and completely lacking in transparency. And it's absurd that every time they rework the site, I have to go back and change my privacy settings back to the way I want them.