main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Fan Expo Canada

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by -Yun-Harla-, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    I'd do a Jar Jar like intro to it all but I'll spare you the rolling of your eyes... :p

Anyways, Fan Expo Canada is from August 28-30th this year (info at http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/ ) and I'm curious who from here will be going. And if you going, is there a SW-related costume involved?

I'll probably be going as Jaina Solo and have my brother come along as Jacen. We're not sure which versions yet but we're pretty stoked on it all.

It would rock to have a TheForce.net members photoshoot on one of those days as a group.

What say you?

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I plan to be there and I will most likely be around the 501st table. We can try and get a group photo like the 501st do.

3. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I should be there for 1 day I hope. Most likely the Saturday.

4. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    I should be a Rebel Legion member by then with my RFT costume. I'm hoping to go at least one of those days for Fan Expo with Jedidoug, who'd most likely be wearing his X-Wing Pilot costume.

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Hmm maybe I can try and finish my Xwing costume for SFX

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hello!
    There are 6 of us from the Calgary FF coming down for the Expo - it's our first time :)
    Some of us will be wearing our FF shirts so we'll be easy to spot!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow SW fans!

7. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    The easiest place to meet would be the 501st table if any events are planned

8. TK42Tom

TK42Tom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    That's great!

9. jedidougcdn

jedidougcdn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2008
    I plan to go - it will be my first time - and I plan on helping out at the Rebel Legion table (assuming there will be one). I'll be in my X-wing pilot costume.

10. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am hoping to be there on the Saturday provided I do not have an issue to deal with at work.

11. wako_jacko

wako_jacko Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2009
    I will be there sat

12. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Awesome! I'm hoping on joining in the Rebel Legion eventually myself (although I'm in Philly, USA for most of the year so it's Echo Base I'd be looking at).

I'll definitely make a point of stopping by both the 501st and Rebel Legion tables. Thanks for the info! :)

13. jedidougcdn

jedidougcdn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2008
    I plan to be there Friday night, Saturday, and possibly Sunday. Got a room at the Royal York with a few friends.

14. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I will also be there. are we having a nice breakfast on sunday?

15. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    Yes, we are. Here we the details for it, everybody's invited... of course. :)

9am on Sunday, August 30th @ Cora's Breakfast at the CN Tower

It's about 0.2 km away from the convention center which is at 222 Bremmer Blvd, pretty close to Union station.

Sounds good? From what I asked around at the Rebel Legion it seems to be a go.

16. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    That's good with me, you might want to make a reservation just to be certain we don't wait outside for too long. Especially if there's a lot of us.

17. -Yun-Harla-

May 2, 2006
    From what I gather, that place doesn't take reservations. UGH!!! But I'm going to try and make a phone call tomorrow morning anyways.

In the meantime, I'd love to have all of you check out what other places to eat for breakfast are close to the convention centre and provide me with alternatives. Would be much appreciated. Then I can phone them up and check for reservations too.

Thanks!

18. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Last year I found this little café on the street behind the Con Center, it's a nice little place, I just don't know how busy they get on the week-ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.