main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Fan Fiction Resource Challenges

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 26, 2011.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    More and more, challenges in http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/p1]Fan[/url] Fiction Resource are kind enough to open their challenges to NSWFF. Since there are several of them, I figured it would be good to have a central place to advertise :)

FFR Challenge Masters, feel free to post links to your challenges and a short summary, if you'd like. We don't want to take attention away from the FFR threads, but we'd love to hear about the challenges you're running!

Current List
    First Sentence Roulette Challenge (the French literature edition): Unlimited
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/diary-challenge-2016.50034782/]2016[/url] Diary Challenge: January 1 - December 31
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/fifty-titles-in-search-of-a-story-%E2%80%93-a-challenge-workshop-for-2016.50034862/]Fifty[/url] Titles in Search of an Author: January 1 - December 31

Note: I'm going to (try to) keep an ongoing list whether challenge masters post here or not - but it's always good to get a bump and some info from the organizers!

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
  3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
  4. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Ooh, good idea, NYC!

5. Fear_Factor_Friday

Fear_Factor_Friday Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2011
    Hello dear Non Star Wars Fanfic writers!

As NYCitygurl already announced there is a challenge called Fear Factor Friday running currently here. The actual thread is over in SW Resource.
    To quote the opening post from over there:
    Our goal is to encourage and discuss "fear" and "angst" in stories. We all know fear and overcoming our own weaknesses. With this challenge we want to dive into the weaknesses and fears of our beloved characters and how they cope with it.

General FFF rules:
    1.) Stories posted within the FFF challenge should be 'angsty' or deal with a fearful situation
    2.) One Friday will be picked and that's the day the entries shall be posted
    3.) Any timeframe, any character, any fandom - we don't want to restrict you in any way
    4.) keep the TOS in mind
    5.) Have fun!

First FFF: Friday, February 25th Challenge: Your character finds himself / herself in a situation that he or she cannot get out of unless they face their worst fears.

It would be great to see you participating in the discussion and as well join in with an awesome story of yours!

FFF.

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    NSWFF friends and writers!

The Shakespearian Roulette Challenge is currently ongoing over in Resource. Check it out for some nifty Shakespeare inspiration for one-shots, vignettes, novellas, novels, epics, series, etc, etc. :D ;)

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  8. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
  9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    There's a new challenge up in Resource!

Remember that the challenges list listed have been ongoing for a while but still aren't over, if you want to try your hand at one. However, the Humor Challenge only has three spots left, so grab yours before it's gone!

10. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Fear Factor Friday has a new challenge up.

Halloween Challenge

If you're into the dark and scary, take a look. ;)

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    It's about that time again -- the thread for the new Dear Diary Challenge is up! You can't start writing until New Years, but people are already talking and planning.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The Monday MUsh Mania is open to all. Plus, next month is NaNoWriMo!

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    For anyone who loves some good mush, the next Monday Mush Mania is Sept. 23 and has a theme of "endings" (theme is optional; mush is not). I'm really excited for it :D

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    There's a new MMM challenge up for you mush lovers, and the Dear Diary challenge is starting its seventh(!) year next month!

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  21. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Space_Wolf - Thanks for sharing the link! While this thread is technically for challenges, that is a good piece of news to share - and I really do hope that it will help add more activity to the boards, as well. :)

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL I participated and it was fun, wrote one up, and now I'm hoping someone will take mine up. An NJO redo is what I asked for. :cool:

NYCitygurl likes this.
  25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Word Race! is about to begin! It's open to all fandoms and is really a challenge to see how much you can write. I'm looking forward to participating!