main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Fan Film

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediAgent, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    thanks i appreciate that.
    -John Kemnitz

2. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Nitess, it's at Village Gate Square (I don't know how to get there... my mom does and that's good enough) at 2 o'clock.

what do you mean by tabards then? ;)

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Great stuff guys, all around. I think this will all work out well. If not everyone that wants to be involved is able to, there is always next time. A seriouse project would be great, but as we all know paridies are a hoot. Robotech had a good idea the other day and we talked about it a bit. How about Dude Where's MY Light Saber.

4. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    I like the idea but I still feel we'd be better off (at least the first time) sticking to the serious idea.
    -John Kemnitz

5. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    yeah, we don't want to try humour that could fall flat... of course, if we pooled our ideas together... [face_devil]

6. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    can someone tell me about what I missed after I left? I want to update the site (I changed the Episode 2 page into the Fan Film page) and I don't want it to be incomplete or anything. ;)

7. TheSeavage

TheSeavage Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2002
    Hey Folks. My name is Chris Seaver. I am 25 living in Gates/Greece area and am a HUGE Star Wars fan and have been pretty much all of my life. My First film in the theater was Empire Strikes Back WHEN it was released. and I Have a CRAP load of toys from back when i was a kid to now.

Other things I really dig:
    Fantasy films-Legend, Dark Crystal, Lord of The rings, Labyrinth, Princess bride...

HUGE Big Time Horror movie fan, have been since I was 7.

Love Comic Books, Cartoons, SKA MUSIC.

Weird off beat humor like South Park, Mr.Show, Conan o' brian, Monty Python, Kids in the hall.

I LOVE buffy The Vampire Slayer, Farscape, X-files, Sopranos, Transformers.

Collect Toys like buffy, Star Wars, Mcfarlane, Farscape, He-Man, Anime.

Love Anime and manga

I Make Low Budget Horror comedy films for my company Low budget Pictures. I work with The Film Company Troma Studios since 1999 (the creators of Tromeo and juliet and the Toxic Avenger) and Have made over 100 short films and 16 full length films since 1991 when I started the company.

Recently put out 2 of my films through the company FULL MOON on dvd and are available online at my company, through Full moon, Amazon.com, Best buy, Hollywood Video.

Am ALWAYS lookinf for new actors and actresses to be in my flicks and just finished a film that cost me 6000 bucks. Called Quest for the Egg Salad, A Horror comedy, Fantasy spoof and am casting for my newest film Filthy mcnasty 2.

Thats a bit about me and if anyone is interested in being a part of my films PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.

Contact me at swanky_c@yahoo.com and check out teh site at www.lowbudgetpictures.com

8. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    want to help us? Come to one of our meetings where we're doing planning for it.

9. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Chris!!!! No freaking way!
    *points* He was my neighbor...many moons ago. :)

10. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    What Alison said. ;)
    And these board colors are making me nostalgic...I wonder why they gave us a recycled color scheme, though...

11. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    ^Threadkiller^
    ;) sooo... anything new?

12. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    apparently not... :p ;)

ok, when are we going to have another meeting to talk about the fan film?

13. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    I think we should
    -John Kemnitz

14. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Saturday, prior to the regular meeting, we are planning on getting together (same location) to talk about the fan film.Anyone with ideas and/or interest in helping out please drop in.

The goal is to start at 1:00pm so we'll be able to cover some things (there's a ton) and be ready when our regular meeting begins.

Hope everyone can make it and if you can't, please let someone know that you're interested.

Thanks!

15. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    good idea, Kat. ;) Alison and I will try to get there on time, but since we're habitually late it probably won't happen. ;) :p

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    umm guys I think we should try and do something humorous for our first go around. This way we can look back at it and laugh. If we go right out the gate with something serious and dramatic it could lead to trouble. I'm no stranger to school dramas and musicals in high school and I've done a few in college and I've seen that it might be a better idea to go humorous first.
    I mean Dude Wheres My Lightsaber could be good
    or Grumpy Old Jedi or maybe even Naked Lightsaber from the Files of Jedi Squad I dunno its just an opinion

17. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    the only problem is that humour can be hard to write...

18. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Yep. That was pointed out at the last meeting....to do a GOOD comedy we'd need a good writer who was willing to put forth a lot of time and effort. And as it stands right now, we have no writer...

19. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    what kind of humor can we have? Dry wit? sick humor? Austin Powers type? hmm?

I've written several types of stories for another genre and humor is hard to write, but can be done effectivly.

I mean think about this bit:

Darth Vader fighting Luke suddenly sneezes:

ACHOO!

Luke: bless you.

Vader: Help me take this mask off.

Luke: But you'll die.

Vader: Would want to look at snot running down your mask?? I think I'm gonna puke if I don't get this mask off..

see what I mean?

20. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    here we go again with the humor I thought we had decided aganst that??
    -John Kemnitz

21. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    That's true, we did talk about it at the last meeting and decided for our first attempt at a film we wouldn't attempt a comedy/humor.

22. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    [face_laugh] at lingster. well, if there's a good idea for a comedy, maybe we can do it... I think it depends on the scripts that we could come up with...

23. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    Anyone here seen the Mentos Fan Film?

It started out serious and all, was going really good, bad guys good jedi fighting them. The bad guy getting the upper hand. Then the Jedi uses the force to bring a stick of Mentos to his hand. The jedi and the sith ended playing basketball... was funny.... :)

Here's another bit of humor:

A reality based TV show spoofing those shows but revolving around a Jedi in his off time and a Sith in his off time. Would be quite funny to see Vader lounging in a lazy boy recliner in his underwear and still wearing his mask. Trying to sip a cola through the thing...

hehehe..

24. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    "Star Wars Survivor"? [face_mischief]

25. BWD912zeta

Apr 26, 2002
    now that just sounds kewl
    -John Kemnitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.