main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Fandemonium Convention In Boise This Aug. (13-15)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MalcolmTolemac, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Sorry Dad... oops... DAN! No, really! I'm not even an official part of this thing anymore and I came down for a good half hour to fourty-five min. just to hang out.... let me just say, that diorama was the highlite of my "con" expirence! ... well, that and those awesome Revenge of the Sith (RotS) shirts K and C had on. "That sounds like an great going-away present by the way (moves hand in Jedi fashion)." Only EIGHT WEEKS left!!!

"...we all have a lot in our lives that takes priority..." <<<< HA HA HA... sorry, but you really have no idea!!! Okay, well that's mostly true, but you still have no idea (did I say eight weeks? more like six and a half).
    Yes, other things in life are a priority, but what you have to (maybe) learn is planning ahead as well as flexablity. I may hear about it later for saying this, but I think the ones to whom it really mattered made an effort to do what was able to get done and did a DAMN fine job pulling it off with the resources and time they had (or had given themselves). I know you'll do better next time! Planning events is not an over-night success or a garuntee that it's going to go well. It's something you learn as you go. Lucky for me, I was practicing with the group I had at church at the same time!

Again, whenever possible, communicate early, and often and maybe realize (to some degree) "it's just Star Wars". Yet at the same time (I) realize it's my buds (and I don't want to let them down) with whom many I feel I have a close relationship with and any chance I get to hang out and develope that friendship (star wars or not) is a cool thing! Which however, on a personal note for me, is near impossible to do right now.

But as I said in my letter of resignation. The dynamics of the group are going to change over time. Those who are serious about friendships and/or the group are going to stay and make things happen. Others will come and go - and that's okay too.
    Rememeber there will be "growing pains". "The NBO is not even two years old and soon it?ll learn how to walk, be potty trained, and maybe most importantly speak! What a great time for those who remain ? how do you want your voice to be heard?

"However the NBO decides to go on remember it?s only what you make of it. You?ll only get out of it what you put into it. Be visionary. Don?t settle for second best, but if you have to make them believe it?s what you planned all along. "

Keep it up guys! You'll get it. It may seem a little rough right now, but you'll get it!

Do or DO NOT... there is no TRY!

M

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I am sorry to that I could not help out. But I was not having fun either, being at a family reunion. Hope it was a success.

3. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Marc-thanks for the advice. I know it's just "Star Wars," and I think we all need that reminder from time to time. This circumstance had nothing to do with SW though, but courtesy to those involved in the Con. I have forgiven all those at fault for the lack of communication. However, I don't apologize for my outburst. It was not meant to be rude or anything, but a truthful examination of what I saw happening. We have much yet to do as a club, but we need to do it together.
    Eric-you're not at blame in the slightest. Thanks for giving us some notice you wouldn't be there.

4. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I dont know if I should say anything or not, but I was there to see how badly Kasey took the lack of participation, and I have been involved in fan groups of all shapes and sizes for ten years. I have seen the ones that make it and the ones that fumble.

<<<We have priorites other than Star Wars>>>>
    Is true for absolutely everybody, and goes without saying, but thats not really the point. You can come up with a hundred reasons not to attend an event. There are a hundred ways not to do anything, but only ONE way that its going to get done. In the immortal words of Trey Parker, "If you are feeling creative, just do it."

Everybody has a job, everybody has a pile of bills, everybody has family screaming at them, everybody doesnt have the time.
    But are you feeling creative or not?

5. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Well said, and exactly how I feel.

6. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I agree with you also Barry, however in the case of this weekend past, you haven't ever faced my mom's wrath when it comes to family events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.