main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanFilm Lightsaber Workshop

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I'll be starting and conducting lightsaber techniques workshop from tmr.

this is to prepare for the fanfilm. although the script is not finalized, this is to help possible candidates for the fanfilm to learn some, uh, basic saber techniques, help me remember my past training and hopefully during practice, come up with gd moves for the fanfilm.

i do not claim to noe everything, but i may be best candidate for the job haha. 4th Kyu Kendoka.

i will teach some basic moves from kendo, and we'll advance to trial and error(to look for the best moves)

those who are interested pls leave your name in the list, and pm me your hp number(if i have not had it yet).

30th May, City Hall Mrt, 3pm

the list so far
    1. faiz
    2. xeno
    3. hobbes
    4. ted
    5. kim(possibly)

for those who wish to come down and see a buncha idiots play at being jedi, feel free to come down as well. i would need someone who's gd in sketching to come help as well if possible. to help sketch certain moves if we happen to chance upon it.

my plan would be to teach u everything there is, and instead of actually cheographing a fight, rather have an 'actual' fight. what does this mean? well if u can see, the saber battles from epi4 all the way to epi3 varied greatly. this is my personal point of view of coz, based on wat i've learnt and experienced.

epi3, not much, looks realistic enuf, w/o any fancy moves.
    epi4, a reasonable amount of saber work, but amatuer'ish and rather cheographed.
    epi6, again reasonable amount of saber work, this time luke has merged cheography with realism. might still look a bit amatuerish but at least luke made it look gd.
    epi1, well here the saber scenes were well cheographed , but... the problem lies in the 'too cheographed' part. looks gd, but unrealistic somehow.
    epi2, terrible is all i can say. i mean, look at the dual wielding. CRAP. and the zoomed in battle between anakin and dooku. CRAP. pfft
    epi3, now this is some gd ****. DAMN well cheographed. looks realistic too. but its too well practised. cept that the gfx for the saber were too bright, they should have done epi1 style.

anyway the style i hoped to achieve is somewhere between epi6 and epi1. since i'm more jap inclined, the moves should resemble a bit from samurai movies as well, which looks more realistic actually, lol. i will teach everyone offense and defense, and when we do the scenes, i want ppl to hit like they want to kill the other, and i want the other to block like their life depended on it. automatic, no need to think wat to do. that should look gd on cam. haha. ok i think i've wrote enuf. post asap ppl.

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Yea man, I'm there, bringing 5 broom sticks as sticks. :p

3. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    lol that'll be sweet.

4. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I'm interested, but i'm not sure if i can make it

5. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    :D those who wish to come but cannot make it no worries becos there will be many more days of practising!!
    >_< must wear PE attire? lol

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    It's not necessary but you can always come in one. :D

I'll just come in normals jeans and tee shirt.
    :)

7. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Sia lah! Master Yoda teaching lightsaber skills to the Bear Clan!
    LOL!

8. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL!
    i refuse to be called yoda.
    call me obi wan kenobi instead LOL

no need PE attire la sial! not like i'm gonna bring u around for PT or 2.4 run man, lol. but wear something cooling and 'breatheable' coz i'm sure we'll end up sweating a bit(not to mention how hot the climate is these days). maybe a change of tshirt if u have plans later and dun wanna end up smellin stinky, lol. i think xeno will have brought more than enuf sticks for all of us to play with.

maybe notepads to take down notes or something.
    now all i need to do is find my manual. where the hell did i put it..

9. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Saya bringing some paper and pencil case, to design lightsaber hilts.

10. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    hey guys, sorry i won't be going tmr...have fun ya? :)

when you guys are done finalising the storyline and all, get back to me. :D

see yall around.

11. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    oh well, no worries. we'll keep u updated.
    whoever wants to come last min, pls do post here and pm your mobile number by 2pm latest before i have to start leaving to city hall.
    thanks

12. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Sorry i cant be there too, got work. U guys have fun :)
    a Jedi Academy i sense in time to come.

13. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    no worries derrick, there'll always be other times.

14. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    I'd love to go, but I've other things on... Have fun ya? Will try to make it the next time. ;)

15. GED_EYE_GUY

GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Sounds like tons of fun. Will want to join you when I can (ie. a non-work day). If you need I can bring my camcorder along when I come to the SEJA....
    'Subterranean Esplanade Jedi Academy'. :)

16. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

well we managed to capture some of it on crovus's dv cam. he brough it home, but i'm not sure if he'll be able to get it up in time.

anyways, ged eye, do u always work on weekdays? coz the next training we have will be this wednesday late afternoon/evening. wat time does your work end, crovus will most likely join us after 6.30pm if he doesnt have classes.

17. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Today's session was very productive. Me and Faiz came up with many finishing moves. David came up with a simple yet fast and steady move. Ted and Mike did awesome jobs on the duelling, Ted is skilled... We learned Kendo basics today, more Lightsaber movements though

18. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    ok updates, ted may not be able to attend this wed's session, so i'm gonna bring it up to thurs or friday, depending on other ppl's response.

any questions or preffered day?

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm skilled? I think Xeno twirls so well..envy. ;)

I would prefer a Thurs or Fri for this week but of course majority is what matters. I'll definitely bring my notebook again if it's needed.

:)

20. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Friday seems good for me. Haha, thanks. Practice makes twirling sabers perfect. :D Oh yea, do bring the notebook. I'll be bringing the dics again.

21. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    great, friday then. any protesting?
    david, any problems with friday?

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm good for friday. :)

23. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    i say.. er.. Wed AND Friday :D :D

24. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I'm fine for Wed and Fri, as long its not on Thurs as I have to go for my NS medical check up

25. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Weds' good for me. Will update on Fri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.