main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm production update

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Well, I thought I'd start this so everyone knows what's up. We are nearly done with pre-production. The finishing touches are being put on costumes as we speak. There are pics of the jawa at:

http://jedi5150.fateback.com/costumes/jawa/ourjawa.htm

The bottom pic is how it looks now after re-dyeing the material.

We went location scouting last week, there are pics of the Sandy Downs location here:

http://jedi5150.fateback.com/locations/sandydowns/index.htm

Erik shot the first scene on Saturday and the footage looks great. We will be shooting misc footage this week including the cockpit/bluescreen footage. We have a couple of CGI shots completed, with the rest almost done.

The Majority of shooting will be done this Saturday, May 3, 2003 at Sandy Downs (yes, the racetrack) at the big dune. You can't miss it. If you want to help come on out, we will need help. One thing we'll need help with is sweeping the sand...Yes, sweeping the sand. We have to get rid of the footprints in most of the shots, so if you want to help bring a rake or driveway broom to help sweep. Other areas we may need help in is costumes helping people with masks, etc), prop wrangling, gophers, lighting (maybe), and I'm sure there are others.

There are restrooms close-by and they were open on Friday. You will probably want to bring sunscreen, plenty of drink, and a lunch.

We can have a production meeting at my house Friday evening. Say, 7:00? I'll even show you the CGI shots that are done.

Any ???'s post here.

Doug

2. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Hey Doug,

If you're gonna do a meeting on Friday, you may want to wait till later that night. You know, with X-men 2 coming out and all.

Oh, and I found a gun I use. It's an old 22 with a bunch of parts missing. Looks pretty cool.

3. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK,

It seems that some people want to go to X2 that night. Since Erik planned that outing and this is his film, we'll let him decide when to have the production meeting.

4. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK folks,

Alan sent me the following:

"Doug,
    I can probably help ... I
    have three rakes, and two brooms (one very wide). I will need help with
    getting there, i.e. directions. It would be better if I went with
    someone."

So now, we need people to push those brooms!

In addition, I thought we could all meet at my place and carpool/convoy to the location, it's about 5 minutes from my house.

We're thinking that we should meet at my place at about 8:30am, and go to the location from there.

Thanks!

Doug

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    We are going to have a production meeting at Doug's house Thursday night at 7 p.m. I will go over storybords and the script, explain what the film is about and coordinate with everyone volunteering. We are going to need a few production assistants, to sweep the dunes and make battery runs and a puppeteer to man the sarlacc tentacle. I'm working on a shot list now.
    At the shoot, I will bring a cooler and stock it with drinks for everyone.

6. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Two things real quick:

1. Does anyone know where I can get ahold of one of those camping backpacks, you the ones that are mounted on the metal racks? I would like one for my costume.

2. What kind of festivities sre planned for the wrap party? Most films have one when principle photography wraps.

7. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    RABIDJAWA

You might want to try the Army Surplus store, or maybe even the DI, and Salvation Army.

8. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Ditto on army surplus dude.

I also know someone who may let us borrow one, I'll ask today.

As for the wrap party, I was thinking about that too...hmm. Maybe a barbecue? Some tunes? Watch the film? We could have a burger-grilling-party at a park and play volleyball or something?

Maybe a burn-Erik-at-the-stake party? ;) j/k!

Any other ideas???

9. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Well, I'm hoping to not hane to buy a backpack, because I'd never use it again. 'Sides I got better things to do with my money. Like, _____________________. Please feel free to fill in the blank. But, I think my folks know someone I can borrow one from.

As far as the party goes, that burning thing sounds COOL!

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Adam, I'm pretty sure we have one in our garage. I will look when I get home tonight.
    Maybe the ROTJ party could double as a wrap party.

11. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Barry has to work weekends indefinately, so will getting the Hyperspace jump effect for Doug get a me a line of "CGI GOPHER" in the credits?

12. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Barry,
    I'm not director, but I think that could work...

Maybe the Jedi party could be a Premiere/Wrap party and a Jedi party....?? I hope it's done by then.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.