main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Chapter Twinning Program

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I have signed us up for this:

The FF RSA/GSA's have decided to introduce a FF Chapter Twinning Programme to build bridges between chapters all over the World.

The programme aims to increase relations and diversity between chapters by forming a close 'alliance' betwen two boards that usually would never have met. This starts virtually, but could ultimately end up in real life meets and the inclusion of your twinned chapter in the header of your board

The scheme is totally voluntary and very simple. When we have enough chapters we can start to pair them off with each other, which can be done randomly or with consultation with the chapters in question. Nothing will be done without the full consent of both chapters.

====================

What do you guys think? Cool idea?

:)

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm up for trying this out.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Jenni,

How does a FF sign up for this? While we aren't official yet, I don't think it'll be too long before we are.

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    You probably have to wait til you're official. But best bet is to write to Strawbary and let her know you're interested. I get a lot of news from the Chapter Rep board which you guys don't have access to just yet. :)

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Jenni, anymore news on this yet? NJO is already trying to decide who they want their twinning partner to be.

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I have no current news. I don't think any chapter gets to decide WHO they twin with but I may be wrong. If we do get a twin it will most likely be a goegraphically far away group, like overseas or on the other side of the country. :) I think the idea is to promote global relations between chapters.

Thanks for asking! I'll check into it again after Shore Leave.

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    From what I saw the other day in some of the other FF threads, was that we were to submit the FF top 3 choices of who you wanted to be paired with...

DC got FFUK.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well it doesn't matter to me who our twin partner will be as long as they are nice, I'm happy.

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    We're pairing up with the Boston Rebels! Check out the new thread! :) Then go to their board and say hi!!

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.